Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Fright Chasers: Dark Exposure here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 19, 17 12:38 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 11/19/2017 at 8:28:23 AM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Fright Chasers: Dark Exposure here.

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 19, 17 8:28 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread for Fright Chasers: Dark Exposure! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on this game here. There are just a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Fright Chasers: Dark Exposure.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to assist in any way we can.

bfgArinelle

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Nov 19, 17 1:14 PM

Where oh where has all the fright gone to? Oh where oh where can it be? Things take a drastic turn after the demo, what little fright was present in the demo, disappears quickly into HOPA oblivion. Fright Chasers, chase anything but fright in this latest Mad Head edition. They may as well be chasing lost puppy dogs. If you're going to introduce a game in the horror genre, at least make an attempt at fright!  

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Nov 21, 17 9:18 PM
A boring game with too many items to find multiples of....a chore and tedious. Felt like I was being held hostage in the first room with all of the tasks to be completed...only to have more and more tasks upstairs, looking for inventory to place here and there. Too much of that stuff and not enough story and game flow. Found the candles and lights to be glaring and distracting. Skipped puzzles. Another gadget to find balls of light....oh no! How about the drone to get the key down? Wasn't that fun? Graphics in the grave scene was attractive and even relaxing, but I was tired of collecting inventory, going back and forth, feeling I was going nowhere, so exited the game. Had enough of exerting my energy and time with this useless waste of a game.

Radgame
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by Radgame on Nov 29, 17 11:26 AM
Based on completed game:

While it's not the best of their games, it's good and fun to play because they've clearly reduced their usual time-extending tactics esp. in the "attack the villain" mini-games - phew!

As always, graphics & animation were brilliant plus the camera & talisman use was just right. Good variety of mini-games & puzzles and the game flowed very well across all locations. A good story that unfolded very well.

Inventory was never overloaded.....otherwise, it just makes me feel like I've got too much to do! Plus, you don't have to collect all pieces to unload the inventory. Ex: If I'd found only 2 of 4 pieces, I could add them and continue to search for the rest.

Playing with stereo headphones (over-the-ear) made it such an immersive experience! The layers of sound effects & music were amazing. My laptop's speakers just aren't enough and that's why I used to play with all sounds off. Holy cow - what a difference!

ETA: I agree.....the title doesn't match the game's feeling. Not much real fright here. Just a neat adventure with some heart-thumpin' moments thanks to sound effects.

Edited on 11/29/2017 at 11:27:53 AM PST

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Dec 12, 17 5:37 PM
3 out of 5 stars

nice all but only some fun

simplistic

Go to: