judyc121
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

Grrrr!

[Post New]by judyc121 on Nov 20, 17 6:42 AM
Last Sunday night (11/12 into 11/13) I did the Castle Challenge #9, craft 15 items in 30 minutes. I prepared ahead of time and stayed up late to get this challenge done. When I finished, I did the next challenge, 10 trades with children and got Zena The next day I went to play and all my accomplishments were gone, my avatar was gone and I had to do the whole thing over again. Grrrr! Last night, again a Sunday, I tried to do a daily quest with ghosts, and, of course, they weren't crediting, so I stopped after I wasted three ghost traps. I think Sunday night is not a good night to get much accomplished on this game!

 
ohpleeze
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

Re:Grrrr!

[Post New]by ohpleeze on Nov 20, 17 7:51 AM
Wow. Contact support.

 
silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

Re:Grrrr!

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Nov 20, 17 8:08 AM
Report this in the technical issues thread particular for the device you are using (iOS, Android, or PC).

Then contact Customer Support.

I've been seeing posts from multiple players in this forum regarding lost progress. Seems like most (if not all) are mobile related (android?).

The more players that report this issue the higher priority the dev's will give to fixing it.

 
silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

Grrrr!

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Nov 20, 17 8:12 AM
judyc121 wrote:Last night, again a Sunday, I tried to do a daily quest with ghosts, and, of course, they weren't crediting, so I stopped after I wasted three ghost traps. I think Sunday night is not a good night to get much accomplished on this game!


One more thing...

If the ghosts are not crediting while doing a Daily Quest... Make SURE you have accepted the quest and NOT clicked the red X in the upper corner after just looking at the quest.

You MUST "Accept" the quest before any work you do toward it will count/credit. Been there done that many times myself and had to redo stuff because I spaced out and clicked X and not accept/ok.

 
mikit
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

Grrrr!

[Post New]by mikit on Nov 20, 17 10:59 AM
silver_hawk wrote:
judyc121 wrote:Last night, again a Sunday, I tried to do a daily quest with ghosts, and, of course, they weren't crediting, so I stopped after I wasted three ghost traps. I think Sunday night is not a good night to get much accomplished on this game!


One more thing...

If the ghosts are not crediting while doing a Daily Quest... Make SURE you have accepted the quest and NOT clicked the red X in the upper corner after just looking at the quest.

You MUST "Accept" the quest before any work you do toward it will count/credit. Been there done that many times myself and had to redo stuff because I spaced out and clicked X and not accept/ok.

 
mikit
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

Re:Grrrr!

[Post New]by mikit on Nov 20, 17 11:02 AM
Wait OH wait till you get to the one where you have to do the look for a item...in thirty minutes...I just have done it three times and have gotten up to 15 when they have stated me over....GRRRR doesn't even cover how darrrrrrnnnn mad I am. It is so ridiculous I can't stand it. I'm to mad to start over.....

Edited on 11/20/2017 at 11:03:35 AM PST


 
kim0530
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

Grrrr!

[Post New]by kim0530 on Nov 20, 17 11:18 AM
mikit wrote:
silver_hawk wrote:
judyc121 wrote:Last night, again a Sunday, I tried to do a daily quest with ghosts, and, of course, they weren't crediting, so I stopped after I wasted three ghost traps. I think Sunday night is not a good night to get much accomplished on this game!


One more thing...

If the ghosts are not crediting while doing a Daily Quest... Make SURE you have accepted the quest and NOT clicked the red X in the upper corner after just looking at the quest.

You MUST "Accept" the quest before any work you do toward it will count/credit. Been there done that many times myself and had to redo stuff because I spaced out and clicked X and not accept/ok.

 
kim0530
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

Re:Grrrr!

[Post New]by kim0530 on Nov 20, 17 11:19 AM
I have done that. Forgot to hit accepted but hit the X

 
judyc121
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

Re:Grrrr!

[Post New]by judyc121 on Nov 20, 17 2:43 PM
I admit I have forgotten to hit the X, too. Not sure what happened last night, if I did or not. Thanks for the reminders. I am on a Kindle Fire, newer one.

 
bfgIlinalta
Moderator
Moderator
3,807 Posts

Re:Grrrr!

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Nov 20, 17 3:09 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your experiences while playing Midnight Castle. It sounds like there have been instances where players have seen progress not pick up where they have last left off. I'm sorry that this is occurring and definitely want to thank other players for providing those helpful suggestions to check first.

First, if you've seen a loss of progress in the game, please get in touch with our Midnight Castle Support Team with the Friend Code of the affected profile, if possible, as well as a description of what progress was lost. Our Reps will be sure to get back in touch as soon as they are able.

Some players have made suggestions to be sure to accept a quest or task before trying to complete it, as progress won't be counted towards that quest or task until it is accepted. I think this is a good place to check first if progress doesn't seem to be happening with a quest or task. If after ensuring the quest was accepted, progress still isn't being made, please contact our Support Team like above, and describe what has occurred.

Since this seems to be discussing possible technical issues with the game, I'm going to lock this thread and request that future discussion or reports of technical issues be provided to the following threads below, based on what type of device is seeing the issue:

Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!
Post your Midnight Castle (iOS) Technical Issues Here Only!
Post your Midnight Castle (Android) Technical Issues Here Only!

That helps both the teams behind the game as well as moderators more quickly understand the impacts and issues occurring with the game and also allows both to more rapidly respond to those reports. Thanks for understanding.

Thank you all for your time. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

 
 
 
 
Go to: