NYBaker
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Putting Eggs on one's wish list

[Post New]by NYBaker on Nov 20, 17 2:53 PM
Here's the thing: I'm at a point where I surely could use some of the top shelf eggs - Phoenix and Squirrel, for example - but am loathe to put them on my wish list.

I consistently try to win them from puzzles but have had lousy luck with that. Same goes for spinning the WOF - not much luck there, either.

I don't want to make my neighbors think I'm being greedy, but there's no way to communicate this since there's no in-game messaging. I think I read a post a while back about putting eggs on one's wish list in hopes John would pony up, but...

Any suggestions on how to handle this? Thanks in advance!
Debbie the NY Baker

kujosmom
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

Re:Putting Eggs on one's wish list

[Post New]by kujosmom on Nov 20, 17 3:04 PM
The key word here is "wish list ". It does not say demand list. I usually have an egg on my list -- I get low on cash, and I do have feeder games. I am sure to include smaller items because I know that people do want to gift as a "thank you".

Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

[Post New]by 1457051 on Nov 20, 17 3:07 PM
IMO
People don't have to give them. It's up to them to gift what they can or want to.
All you can do is try. I wouldn't fill up all the spots asking for eggs, or don't keep them up long. Maybe just do one at a time, then change it out.
If it's coins you need, you could also craft the higher value items and sell them for coins. Put those items on your list.

tennco
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,001 Posts

[Post New]by tennco on Nov 20, 17 3:08 PM
Try playing the puzzles.

Myhashen
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Myhashen on Nov 20, 17 3:17 PM
I have had friends that I gifted an egg to several times. It's fine to put them on your wish list - as noted, it IS a wish list. What bothers me is when a friends sends me a gift of an airship or some other low cost item and then I try to reciprocate but the only things they have on their list are eggs and very expensive crafted items. I will send them something when I can, but I feel bad when I'm not able to send a gift back because it's too much money or diamonds to buy. So, put an egg on your list, but also put on some lower cost items. Good luck! ShaSha

NYBaker
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by NYBaker on Nov 20, 17 4:28 PM
Thanks for your suggestions and a good reminder that it is a "wish list." Side note to Tennco: if you read my initial post, you'll see that I DO play the puzzles - albeit without a lot of success!

Will just keep chipping away - thanks again for the advice.

Debbie the NY Baker

Scolon18
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by Scolon18 on Nov 20, 17 4:56 PM
I have gifted eggs,,I do keep track of who I gift which ones too,,and I was very blessed with friends that helped me out when I had to start all over,,gifting me eggs,,
So as the others said,, put on your list,,people are very generous ,,

Cute_Moni
Clownfish
Clownfish
501 Posts

[Post New]by Cute_Moni on Nov 20, 17 5:06 PM
1457051 wrote:IMO
People don't have to give them. It's up to them to gift what they can or want to.
All you can do is try. I wouldn't fill up all the spots asking for eggs, or don't keep them up long. Maybe just do one at a time, then change it out.
If it's coins you need, you could also craft the higher value items and sell them for coins. Put those items on your list.

I did exactly this when levelling up in the later levels, and got HEAPS of eggs from all my (long time) lovely friends!!
Just kept swapping.... one (sometimes two) spots every day.... through ALL the eggs.... .....but maybe eggs were a little easier to come by back then.....??

Edited on 11/21/2017 at 8:02:41 PM PST

Love_rnr
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by Love_rnr on Nov 20, 17 5:52 PM
Hi NYBaker, if you play on iOS, I will be happy to help you. I have an iPhone game I’m trying to wrap up and deplete my inventory (crafted items and eggs). Let me know and I’ll send a PM with my ID#

Paula

segough
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by segough on Nov 20, 17 6:10 PM
So if you have crafted all the pets that are associated with the egg - why keep the egg - except for the $$$???

oldgirl10
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by oldgirl10 on Nov 20, 17 8:55 PM
I like to gift the eggs to players that need them so pm me with your friends code and I will send them when I get them, I play on pc

Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

[Post New]by 1457051 on Nov 20, 17 10:34 PM
segough wrote:So if you have crafted all the pets that are associated with the egg - why keep the egg - except for the $$$???

Safety net? I like to keep a few "just in case" Kind of like a savings account..
But that's me.. others play differently

mhoram
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by mhoram on Nov 21, 17 11:31 AM
If you put an egg on your list for reasons other than wanting them from friends (for example, to transfer from another game, to see if John will pony up, to check theory that it will appear on fortune wheel) please indicate that you don't want eggs in your player name.
I was deleted by a player after I sent a Phoenix egg! I felt bad, as it was one of my daily swap buddies. I keep track of what eggs my friends want and play for them when doing the puzzles...I win, They win...unfortunately, I'm in a bit of a drought right now

M

mhoram
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by mhoram on Nov 21, 17 11:37 AM
I also want to add that the generosity of my friends brought me such joy as I was new
to the game...I asked for pet eggs as I gained the other items to craft them. I luv my menagerie ... I paupered myself during my first event trying to craft all of the pets, set my leveling up process back considerably...but worth it!

M

NYBaker
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by NYBaker on Nov 21, 17 1:03 PM
I really appreciate all the helpful hints and opinions! For a relatively new player, all the information is more than beneficial. And I've already experienced the generous nature of one player in particular (she shall remain nameless - but you know who you are!) and that more than makes up for some of the frustrations of playing MC. Thanks!

Skdu
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Skdu on Nov 21, 17 2:27 PM
If a friend has an egg on his(her) wish list..I am happy to gift it if I can.... I am VERY disappointed when someone has 4 eggs that are not in my inventory....

HennyMarie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,417 Posts

[Post New]by HennyMarie on Nov 21, 17 2:32 PM
If you wish for the eggs just to sell them.. why not instead put up items used to craft.. most players will happily gift those items

riddler01
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by riddler01 on Nov 21, 17 5:18 PM
It is ok to have eggs on your wish list, no prob, but as noted by someone in here, don't just wish for eggs, sell them, and gift easy everyday items back. And I personally don't think it's cool to have all eggs on your list, leaving gifters little or no choice, I have run into both, and keep eggs in stock for those that seem to really need them, just my opinion. Thanks

Riddler

[Post New]by Susanna502 on Nov 22, 17 1:49 AM
I also have had poor luck lately getting eggs from the puzzles, but I am putting items needed to craft high profit. Even if I don't get everything I need to craft, I can use the diamonds I win to make up the difference. I'm trying to concentrate on HOS, but sometimes you just need some coins.

[Post New]by Kewills23 on Nov 22, 17 4:31 AM
New to forum posting...

l don’t mind seeing someone listing eggs on their wish list. And if a friend is active with me, l am happy to gift the eggs.

With the puzzles, l use reverse psychology. Since the puzzles will not give eggs, l put them on to move up the items needed to crafted whatever l’m working on

Go to: