Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: The Revenant's Hunt Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 21, 17 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 11/21/2017 at 8:58:17 AM PST

lilyfantn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: The Revenant's Hunt Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by lilyfantn on Nov 21, 17 7:13 AM
I downloaded this game but when I try to install it I get a messages telling me I don't have an internet connection. This is not true because I am able to get on the Big Fish website, Facebook and all my other internet sites. What should I do?

Mystdee2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: The Revenant's Hunt Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by Mystdee2 on Nov 21, 17 7:17 AM
I downloaded this game and when I try to run it, all I get is the Big Fish Manager no game in the Queue I have tried 3 times same result When trying to install directly through the game manager I get the no internet prompt as previous poster reported

Edited on 11/21/2017 at 7:41:43 AM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: The Revenant's Hunt Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 21, 17 8:58 AM
Hi Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work as it should, we highly recommend visiting the Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped past players correct various types of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using the information in our Big Fish Games Help articles, please get in touch with the Customer Support Team. It would also be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide the most appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are looking for game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgArinelle

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: The Revenant's Hunt Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 21, 17 9:08 AM
Hi lilyfantn and Mystdee2,

I'm so sorry to hear there's been trouble getting the game to download and install. It sounds like the Big Fish Games app is having troubles communicating with the site to retrieve the information it needs to download the game. We can try a couple of tricks to see if we can get that fixed up, such as changing how the app tries to download and install needed files. Steps for that can be found here:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If that doesn't resolve the situation, please send a message to our Technical Support Team for additional assistance. They'll have some tools and tricks to try that aren't available to our Forum Moderation team. You're also welcome to PM me or another Moderator with questions or concerns. We'll gladly provide any answers we can.

bfgArinelle

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: The Revenant's Hunt Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Nov 21, 17 10:54 AM
My entire game manager has disappeared while trying to download this game. Well, this is a first! Very odd

I shut down my computer and when I reopened it the Game Manager magically appeared! Happy Thanksgiving everyone lol!

Edited on 11/21/2017 at 10:56:05 AM PST

Mystdee2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Mystdee2 on Nov 21, 17 11:52 AM
I finally ended up uninstalling the Game Manager and reinstalling then I still had to download the game directly from the manager. but it is working now. Thanks

[Post New]by eloise01 on Nov 21, 17 12:56 PM
I am also unable to install the game, though it downloads. I also get the "no internet connection" error. I can't/won't download direct from the player (don't want to be charged twice and it thinks I don't have internet connection). This is pretty frustrating.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 21, 17 1:26 PM
Hi eloise01,

I'm sorry to hear about those troubles installing the game. If you haven't done it already, it may help to uninstall and reinstall the Big Fish Games app, since it sounds like that helped Mystdee2. Steps for how to do that can be found here:

Reinstall the Big Fish Games App

I did want to quickly reassure that downloading through the Big Fish Games app instead of through the website does not result in a second charge. Our system is set up to automatically prevent the purchase of the same item twice on the same account. As long as the app and the website are logged into the same account, the app will recognize that the game has already been purchased and simply ask if you want to activate the game. More information about this can be found here:

Activating from a Trial

If this doesn't do the trick, please reach out to our Technical Support Team for additional assistance. You can also PM me or another Moderator with any questions or concerns you may have. We'll be happy to help out in the ways we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by eloise01 on Nov 21, 17 1:33 PM
Thanks. Tried reinstalling and now it's not letting me do that, either. Keeps giving me an error. I'll try in the morning.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: The Revenant's Hunt Collector's Edition

[Post New]by janhunter66 on Nov 21, 17 3:32 PM
Is anyone having trouble picking up the stamp in the puzzle about 20 minutes in the game?

in the HOP about 20 minutes into the game. I hit the hint button and then click where it goes and nothing happens.

Edited on 11/21/2017 at 4:09:58 PM PST

[Post New]by harveysmom22 on Nov 21, 17 4:36 PM
I had the same problem picking up the stamp. I uninstalled the game then reinstalled. Had the same problem. I'm bummed! Really enjoy the Mystery Case File games.

kiwichook
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by kiwichook on Nov 21, 17 7:20 PM
Where is the stamper in the cemetery HO? Had to resort to a hint and still can't find it!!! Can't progress in the game Grrrrrrrrrr!

bluesycat
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by bluesycat on Nov 22, 17 10:49 AM
I also have the stamp-stamper issue in the HOP in the cemetery. Not sure what to be looking for and the hint does not help. First the hint shows different places every time I click on it and none of the items responds to a click. Please help. I have uninstalled and reinstalled - no joy. Running OSX 10.13.1 on MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 processor, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 memory, Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB graphics. Thanx.

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: The Revenant's Hunt Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by kdubs on Nov 22, 17 1:41 PM
bluesycat wrote:I also have the stamp-stamper issue in the HOP in the cemetery. Not sure what to be looking for and the hint does not help. First the hint shows different places every time I click on it and none of the items responds to a click. Please help. I have uninstalled and reinstalled - no joy. Running OSX 10.13.1 on MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 processor, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 memory, Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB graphics. Thanx.

For me, I stumbled upon it accidentally. Spoiler highlight to read: in the lower right corner near edge of field. It's the business type upright with a handle.

hth

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 22, 17 2:03 PM
Hey Everyone,

It sounds like there's been some trouble finding the stamper in one of the puzzles. Thanks to kdubs for offering some advice that may help get things moving forward for everyone!

If the tip fro kdubs's post doesn't resolve the issues, it may help to run the game as an Administrator or to check for video card driver updates to make sure that the game has everything it needs to work correctly.

If that also doesn't fix the issue, please send a message to our Technical Support Team so we can collect information that helps us track and report issues like this. You're also welcome to PM me or another Moderator with questions or concerns whenever you'd like. We'll do our best to assist.

bfgArinelle

msrox
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by msrox on Nov 22, 17 3:45 PM
I have uninstalled game manager and reinstalled 3 times. Still says I don't have an internet connection. This is getting old. All I want is the game that I purchased.

KayleighJ
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by KayleighJ on Nov 22, 17 6:59 PM
Game crashed on me right at the end of the main game, trying to cut to the credits.

darkhalf01
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by darkhalf01 on Nov 22, 17 8:35 PM
I'm stuck at the duck whistle puzzle. I've done the puzzle and I'm supposed to pick up the razor...however there is no razor to pick up.

kbau
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by kbau on Nov 23, 17 7:05 AM
I can't download the game even after the uninstall/reinstall. Seems that MCF rushed the past games through. This is not the first game that people have had problems installing then just playing the game.

Go to: