Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Mystery Case Files: The Revenant's Hunt Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 21, 17 12:35 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 11/21/2017 at 8:47:19 AM PST

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Mystery Case Files: The Revenant's Hunt Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by nanafraser on Nov 21, 17 6:15 AM
So another creepy game! & Epix to boot! What am I complaining about we had
"Dreampath: Guardian of the Forest" one outa tons of a creepy games! Everyone's comments on "Dreampath: Guardian of the Forest" was positive. Theirs lots of fish who like the fairytale kinda games! I'm not asking for all of the games to be that way, maybe 50/50 or even less! throw this dog a bone! So if you wanna put me down for my dislikes or likes! Bring it! I have my right to not like a game! & as Ive said before its bullying if fish do! & against BFs rules on forums!
W/ that said colors are good on game HOs are OK, technical aspect, is so so! I cant say too much positive [Removed by Moderator] & great for you if you like this type of game!

Edited on 11/21/2017 at 8:49:15 AM PST

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Mystery Case Files: The Revenant's Hunt Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by rainworm on Nov 21, 17 8:21 AM
But nobody would want a MCF a fairy tale????????

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 21, 17 8:47 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread for Mystery Case Files: The Revenant's Hunt Collector's Edition! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on this game here. There are just a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Mystery Case Files: The Revenant's Hunt Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to assist in any way we can.

bfgArinelle

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Mystery Case Files: The Revenant's Hunt Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 21, 17 8:53 AM
Hey Everyone,

As a friendly reminder, please keep the content of this thread limited to reviews for Mystery Case Files: The Revenant's Hunt Collector's Edition. Please do not review the reviews of others, and please do not review the developer. Here are the guidelines for reviews that are important to keep in mind:

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Mystery Case Files: The Revenant's Hunt Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

If there are questions or concerns, please feel free to PM me or one of the other Moderators at any time. We'll be happy to assist however we can.

bfgArinelle

Edited on 11/21/2017 at 8:55:01 AM PST

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Mystery Case Files: The Revenant's Hunt Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by divaprods on Nov 21, 17 10:18 AM
nanafraser wrote:So another creepy game! & Epix to boot! What am I complaining about we had
"Dreampath: Guardian of the Forest" one outa tons of a creepy games! Everyone's comments on "Dreampath: Guardian of the Forest" was positive. Theirs lots of fish who like the fairytale kinda games! I'm not asking for all of the games to be that way, maybe 50/50 or even less! throw this dog a bone! So if you wanna put me down for my dislikes or likes! Bring it! I have my right to not like a game! & as Ive said before its bullying if fish do! & against BFs rules on forums!
W/ that said colors are good on game HOs are OK, technical aspect, is so so! I cant say too much positive <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/faqs/list.page>[Removed by Moderator]</a> & great for you if you like this type of game!

Completely agree with this post. I haven't bought a HO game in a while.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Mystery Case Files: The Revenant's Hunt Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by biomix on Nov 21, 17 10:41 AM
First MCF I DON'T buy! [Removed by Moderator]. And absolutely don't like this game. Don't like the gameplay; the format. It's boring as heck. It's like no thought was put into it.
Same old.... What a DISAPPOINTMENT!!!!

Edited on 11/21/2017 at 2:16:01 PM PST

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Nov 21, 17 10:43 AM
Excitement this morning......MCF!!!!!!!

But after playing through the demo rather disappointed. I didn't see anything new worth spending money on this. It is so horribly linear and really not much to do, not like the older ones where you ended up wandering around looking for your next task.

I felt the HOP scenes were rather cluttered and the minigames nothing special.

Can't tell you anything about the voice overs since I always turn those off.

I also don't feel like this has anything to do anymore with MCF at all.

I'm off to dig out one of the older ones and enjoy that.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 21, 17 11:00 AM
Hello Everyone,

Please keep in mind the guidelines for reviews when posting in this thread. We welcome honest feedback about the game itself, but we do request that our players not review the developers or other games. Here's a reminder of that particular guideline:

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. We appreciate your help in keeping the reviews thread a helpful resource for players interested in Mystery Case Files: The Revenant's Hunt Collector's Edition.

bfgArinelle

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Nov 21, 17 11:21 AM
One of the best things about the Thanksgiving holiday for me was always the new MCF. Guess all things change. I am not a fan of this latest offering. Besides the appearance, which I find unpleasant, the game play is boring. Just not getting any good vibes from this one. So miss the original quality and interest. This is a no buy for me. I will, however, d/l one of the best, Return to Ravenhurst. Now that was a complete package, satisfying, and beautiful.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 21, 17 11:31 AM
I own all the previous MCF games, some I liked more than others, but won't buy this one. I played the demo, and all I thought was: just another unexciting HOG from Eipix with multi-shades of purple, darkness, and nothing really new.

What I did like was that instead we get the tired-of-looking-for morphing objects in the HOS, we get to find broken heart pieces. But that was about it. Sorry...

[Post New]by MamaSplicky on Nov 21, 17 11:37 AM
Can anyone tell me what kind of HOPs are in this game and are they frequent or few?

riverdiver
Shark
Shark
11,426 Posts

[Post New]by riverdiver on Nov 21, 17 11:48 AM
Haven't finished the game yet, hope it's ok to share some impressions.

It is funtastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I shut down my mobile, barricaded the door, draw the curtains and am enjoying, enjoying, enjoying every single second, every single pixel of the game.
In my review of the "Broken Hour" I wrote the game blew my socks off. I’ve learned my lesson and play MCF games with bare feet now. But this year I have to sit down again and again, as the game is tearing me from the chair with (mild) scares and excitement. Then I have to pick myself up from the floor again and again, where I’ve been rolling over with laughter.
Still won't wear a seat belt for the rest of the game, a bit of physical exercise doesn't hurt.

A lot of humour, great details in the graphics, HO's with many variations, a not too creepy story, very well done cut scenes, quirky characters, great puzzles.
Off to play more now.

MsNetty61
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Mystery Case Files: The Revenant's Hunt Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by MsNetty61 on Nov 21, 17 12:07 PM
Was quite exited to see the new MCF this morning, home by evening ready to play....TOTAL YAWN
hogs total junk piles...
mini-games directions hopeless....
graphics blurry...
game really NOT EXCITING...
Why am I trying to resusitate a toy doll?
[Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 11/22/2017 at 9:07:29 AM PST

MsNetty61
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by MsNetty61 on Nov 21, 17 12:11 PM

Edited on 11/22/2017 at 9:07:49 AM PST

ARETHORN
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Mystery Case Files: The Revenant's Hunt Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by ARETHORN on Nov 21, 17 12:27 PM
I found this chapter of MCF boring and uninteresting . Does not have the feel look or gameplay of a MCF game. [Removed by Moderator]. Like may other reviewers use to look forward to a new MCF game but will not be purchasing this. Like another reviewer im off to download one of the classic early games .

Edited on 11/21/2017 at 2:15:31 PM PST

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Nov 21, 17 12:56 PM
Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure.

Map - the map will always be a deal breaker for me - whilst this one doesn't show you if you have missed a collectible or morphing object, that isn't needed here and it simply shows you where you have something to do.

Extras - Indicators at the bottom of the screen show you if you need to be looking for a morphing object and/or a collectible. I like this (as it's not shown on the map) because it saves me having to sit staring at the screen wondering if there's something there for me to find.

Voiceovers are great. Can't fault them.

HO - could have had a bit more thought put into them. Quite boring with very little, if none in some, interaction. There is a collectible to find in some of the HO's but only if you haven't played that particular scene before. If you have, then you get a big red tick in the bottom left corner to indicate you've already found the collectible. Again, I like that there's an indicator because it saves me staring at the screen for ages looking for something that may not be there.

MCF puzzles - these are well known and well liked for being extra hard but so far they are not quite as puzzling as in the past but that is only in the demo and I'm hoping they get a bit harder as I play the game.

Graphics/colours - pleasing on the eye in my opinion, not gaudy like Parables or dull like sci-fi games.

My personal opinion - it's a buy for me but I'm treating it as any other HOPA I may demo and not simply as an MCF because personally as a HOPA I think it's great, as an MCF it's a bit disappointing.

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Nov 21, 17 1:39 PM
riverdiver, I love your post! Played the whole game and have a warning for you: wait till the end, then, in about the last chapter, you will be really surprised!

I love this game too and played in one session, not caring about time. ... and I didn't wear socks.

[Post New]by splicedoctor on Nov 21, 17 2:50 PM
I am absolutely disappointed with this game. It does not live up to the reputation of a Mystery Case Files game. I do not think the graphics are as realistic as past games. The game plot was boring and the hops were pretty easy. This game does not live up to any of the Ravenhurst, Dire Grove, or Madam Fate games that Mystery Case Files are famous for. What happened Big Fish ? Whoever was developing games for you for the aforementioned games, you need to go back to them. I am probably not supposed to ask this here but, when are you going to fix Dire Grove so it runs on Windows 10 ? That would be awesome.

Luckystar18
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,663 Posts

[Post New]by Luckystar18 on Nov 21, 17 5:30 PM
I have to agree with those that were disappointed with this 'MCF' game. Yet again another game in the last few years that does NOT live up to the standards of the original MCF games that were exciting, innovative, imaginative and a delight to play...this is just another boring HOG with a boring story line...I barely managed to get through the demo. No buy for me either!

I agree splicedoctor...bring back the developers of the original MCF games and I too would like to know when Dire Grove will be fixed for WIn10...one of my favorites!

Go to: