aim4stars
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

Way to Play ROM while waiting for fix.

[Post New]by aim4stars on Nov 21, 17 10:59 AM
If you don't have it download the old Internet Explorer. Open as Administrator by Right Clicking on the old E icon. If you do this don't open any other windows in this browser.
Then open bigfish.com as usual and click on Rom. The BigFish disclaimer that the site is down will show at the top as usual but ROM will start to open. There will be a pop up from Internet Explore that asks if you want to Show All Content ... just click yes. ROM will open and you can play.
I am posting this only to be helpful. If you choose to wait for the fix that's great. Happy Gaming Everyone.

Edited on 11/21/2017 at 11:01:09 AM PST

Re:Way to Play ROM while waiting for fix.

[Post New]by Librarian2003 on Nov 21, 17 1:51 PM
Just as aim4stars said. Except, if you have Windows 10, you should already have IE 11. If you haven't found it, go to the start button, scroll down the menu to Windows Accessories, and there it is, well-hidden.

marliza
Clownfish
Clownfish
532 Posts

[Post New]by marliza on Nov 22, 17 8:04 AM
this way stopped working for me 2 days ago.

Zirz
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Zirz on Nov 24, 17 4:00 AM
Don't do it, I did and now have malware. When I played certain things started to happen (this was last Saturday). Freezing when completing a room. Slow motion when clicking on the runes or any of the maps helpers. Blank screen etc. I stopped immediately, now I get a malware message from IE. I typed in rooms of memory forum to get to this site on IE and I see things are still in a mess. I won't play until this is fixed and from the looks of it we are still a long way off. ROM has been dropped from a few other sites that carried the game, hope that doesn't happen here.

glca
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by glca on Nov 24, 17 9:39 PM
You're totally correct Zirz. My computers are heavily secure for the work I do. I have techies who monitor them. They told me until we can log on securely it's a no brainer. I jumped in unsecured really fast to just gift so our hoods would know we're trying & they promptly let me know I had a minor bug that was easy for them to spot & cure. I dodged a bullet. It could have been a lot worse.

I wish we knew if they're really working on it; if it is a priority with the powers that be. We miss our RoM family

[Post New]by Ellotteberry on Nov 27, 17 2:37 AM
This is my first message in the forum after playing ROM for 11 months...
I used IE since the fixing and it stopped working an hour ago. I did not receive malware message but did experience the freezing, slow motion etc. that Zirz mentioned.
So frustrated but don't want to risk so will wait until it is officially fixed!

Phoebe1157
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Phoebe1157 on Nov 27, 17 3:35 AM
FYI.. this happened on another game forum 8 months ago and guess what it's still down.. it's a free game I'm thinking they might not put much effort into getting it up and running sorry for the negativity just trying to be real...
ROM withdrawals..missing my rom family
thanks
phoebe

moniekk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by moniekk on Nov 27, 17 4:18 AM
That is sad to hear ... I hope that does not happen to ROM .... hope they will let us know something soon

[Post New]by Fine04 on Nov 27, 17 9:21 AM
Hello ...

I think Rom is history .
I have experienced that before .
I'm sure .........

Edited on 11/27/2017 at 9:24:22 AM PST

Go to: