Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Pretty Snails 2 here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 22, 17 12:51 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 11/22/2017 at 8:01:31 AM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Pretty Snails 2 here.

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 22, 17 8:01 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread for Pretty Snails 2! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on this game here. There are just a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Pretty Snails 2.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to assist in any way we can.

bfgArinelle

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Nov 23, 17 4:35 PM
Well, it started out great where I bought it with nearly 30 minutes left on the demo. Sadly, if you've played other games by this dev you'll notice that once you get through the first half of the game most, if not all, of the second half is copied from earlier games. I thought it couldn't get any worse than Owl Rescue where the last third was identical to two other games, but now not only is half the game straight up cloned from elsewhere, many of the levels appeared in the first Pretty Snails and I even saw one instance where the same level appeared twice! I haven't finished all 150 levels yet, but now I just want to be done. What a letdown.

If you haven't played any of Intersol's other games, it's cute and challenging...limited moves only and you definitely have to think to win the levels after the first 20 boards. An improvement from the first Pretty Snails is there's a player profile creation option now so you don't have to do a file folder workaround to replay. But with Intersol getting shorter and shorter on the creative aspect, I can't really recommend it unless you haven't played anything else by them, or you're really a diehard fan of doing the same thing all the time.

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on Nov 24, 17 7:46 PM
I agree with SynthpopAddict - 100%. I have played all of the other games by Intersol and have enjoyed playing them -- but -- I'm so disappointed that the devs couldn't come up with different boards and challenges. Yes, there was a different story, although the ending left me feeling like there was something missing? Really though, the story wouldn't be a problem, if the actual game play was "spruced-up" with some new ideas.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Dec 9, 17 3:41 PM

All Match 3 games by this dev have the same unusual feature, and I really didn't notice any big changes from the original Pretty Snails. Every time you make a match, sections of the board do a shuffle as they move into different positions, usually ruining what could have been an epic setup! On the negative end, you cannot make a move quickly or back to back until all tiles have repositioned or explosions finish doing their thing.

Most of the level goals require you to make matches over the Moss filled tiles within a specific number of moves, but some levels require you to make a specified amounts of specific Shell matches, or earn a specified amount of points.

Large matches or T & L shaped matches will give you power-ups on the board which are color specific such as Super Shells, Directional Bombs or Color Coded Flower bombs. Boosters are added as you progress such as +5 to add 5 additional moves, or a Trowel to remove an obstacle or tile of your choice.

After every third level, you can search for a Hidden Object as shown as a quest, somewhere on the Level Map, at first the objects are obvious, but become increasingly more difficult to locate.

I really didn't see anything new added to this Match 3 sequel to Pretty Snails, except for the computer freeze feature. If you don't mind a Limited Moves type Match 3 game, and you can get it to work in it's entirety, it may be a good family game, but after playing the first version, this one just seems like a repeat to me.

Edited on 12/10/2017 at 3:31:33 AM PST

Go to: