Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Sally's Salon: Beauty Secrets's Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 23, 17 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 11/23/2017 at 10:24:18 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Sally's Salon: Beauty Secrets's Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by LolaB0215 on Nov 23, 17 6:41 AM
Second level. I cannot pick up the brush for the color. It lets me click on it but does not add it to the color pot and I cannot continue. I am playing on WIndows 10 PC.

Cyndo123
Shark
Shark
14,957 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Sally's Salon: Beauty Secrets's Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Cyndo123 on Nov 23, 17 6:58 AM
LolaB0215 wrote:Second level. I cannot pick up the brush for the color. It lets me click on it but does not add it to the color pot and I cannot continue. I am playing on WIndows 10 PC.

You need to click the tap/spigot after picking up the bowl then the brush. It threw me off too at first. gl

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Nov 23, 17 10:27 AM
Hello Everyone!

If you're having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct this type of problem in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with Customer Support Team. It would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by LolaB0215 on Nov 23, 17 12:42 PM
Cyndo123 wrote:
LolaB0215 wrote:Second level. I cannot pick up the brush for the color. It lets me click on it but does not add it to the color pot and I cannot continue. I am playing on WIndows 10 PC.

You need to click the tap/spigot after picking up the bowl then the brush. It threw me off too at first. gl

Thank you so much!!!!

Qismet
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by Qismet on Nov 23, 17 5:38 PM
Bought the game today and was excited to see another Sally. For whatever reason, it won't play correctly (as too many other Big Fish games are doing lately.) I can only play 3 to 5 levels without ending up with a black screen. Have already tried all the typical fixes - still problems. It would be nice to buy a BF game that would be enjoyable without all these issues.

I am running Windows 10.

Tea93
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Tea93 on Nov 24, 17 4:55 AM
i cannot get the trial to download..... it goes to error 6 ... I have tried to re download it I have gone through and checked everything that it suggests.... I have no problem downloading anything else.... just this game.... and it's sad... I was really excited about a new Sally game....

can't get past 0%

running windows 10

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Nov 25, 17 3:22 PM
Hello Qismet and Tea93,

Thank you for reaching out and for your patience. I'll swim over to help you troubleshoot post haste.

Qismet: I'm really sorry the screen of the game goes black. This could be a display issue, so I'd recommend checking to see if there's an update available for the computer's video card driver. This driver directs how the computer's graphics display, and installing the most current version can fix a number of issues. Please also run the game in Administrator Mode; this will increase its permissions.

The help pages below contain help articles that walk players through the processes.

Update Video Card Driver (Computer)

Tea93: Error code 6 occurs when there's trouble installing a new game. Please take a look at the help page below for further instructions.

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If those steps don't fix your games, please contact our Technical Support Team. Should any new questions arise, you're welcome to PM me or one of the other moderators. We'll be glad to help.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by MojoJojo1976 on Nov 27, 17 12:38 PM
I don't seem to be seeing the top or bottom of the game screen no matter which mode I play in. I get to level 3 or 4? and it asks for an item that's below what I can see or click on my game. PC/Win10

[Post New]by letticeb01 on Nov 27, 17 4:49 PM
I cannot play past the second level. Once the training part is over and i get my first customer of the day, if i click somewhere i get an error message.

"Error: Access violation at 0x0058B30A (tried to read from 0x00000000), program terminated."

Anyone else getting this error and could someone please help me fix it.

Thank you

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 28, 17 1:37 PM
Hi MojoJojo1976 and letticeb01,

It sounds like we're having some display issues and are also seeing an access violation error. Let's see what we can do to get things working better through a bit of troubleshooting.

To start us off, display issues where part of the game is cut off are often due to the resolution settings for the computer not getting along well with the game. Some games can be kind of picky about the resolutions they work best at, so a good first step is adjusting the resolution for the computer to see how that changes things. If the trouble persists after that, we'd then look for video card driver updates, since those drivers heavily impact how a game performs and appears on the screen. Steps for both of these suggestions can be found at the following links:

Screen Resolution
Video Driver Updates

For access violation errors, there can be a myriad of causes. The most common causes are outdated software or interference from another program (like an antivirus or firewall). Checking for video card drivers can also help in these cases, and it may also help to run the game as an Administrator to make sure the game has the permissions it needs for its files to work as they should. I've also included a link with more information and some additional tips for access violation errors, if you'd like to take a look:

Access Violation

Should the issues continue after trying these steps, please send a message to our Technical Support Team for additional help. You can also PM me or another Moderator with remaining questions or concerns. We'll be happy to provide whatever answers we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by paintingchef on Nov 30, 17 1:28 PM
Why is it that on some games (this being one of them) I get an error message that it cannot be played in window mode but in others, window mode works just fine. This is the first of the Delicious series that I haven't been able to play in windowed mode without adjusting my screen resolution which is a pain.

[Post New]by jellybiscuit on Nov 30, 17 2:13 PM
On Win10, playing full screen, I cannot exit the game without doing a hard reset of my computer. When I try to exit through the menus the music keeps playing, but everything becomes unresponsive. Ctrl+Alt+Del does nothing. I have played through the game several times and not once has the game exited correctly.

This is the only BigFish game that does this.

[Post New]by grumpybear2252 on Nov 30, 17 8:07 PM
I am having a lot of trouble with lag, I am using windows 10.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 1, 17 2:58 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thanks so much for your patience while waiting for responses. I'm swimming over to provide help post haste.

paintingchef: Different games will have different graphic requirements, which might be why some games play in windowed mode more easily than others. I'm sorry the computer's screen resolution needed an adjustment to allow the game to be played in windowed mode, too.

jellybiscuit: It sounds like there's trouble exiting the game if it's played in full screen mode. When a game freezes like this, I suggest updating the computer's video card driver and running the game in Administrator Mode. Both processes will improve the relationship between the computer and the game.

grumpybear2252: I would suggest that you follow the same steps to see if the game will run faster. I've included help pages below, which contain instructions for updating a video card driver and running a game in Administrator Mode, below.

Run Game as Administrator

If these suggestions don't resolve the issues with the game, please contact our Technical Support Team.

Thanks for your patience, and should any new questions or concerns arise, please don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator. We'll be happy to help.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by elelar on Dec 2, 17 11:32 AM
I am having a problem with level 7. As I pick up the last piece of trash the game suddenly quits. I have tried picking up in a different order but it still quits. I am on a MacBook Air using 10.13.1 Thank you

georgiarealist
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by georgiarealist on Dec 2, 17 3:59 PM
I was doing ok with this game until Windows 10 did a major update this morning (it must have been major because it took almost 2 hours!). Now I get the top third or so of the image flickering and jumping around. It's hard to focus on what needs to be done. Before the update, the only problem I had was the game crashed if I tried to set it to windowed mode.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 3, 17 11:25 AM
Hi elelar and georgiarealist,

It sounds like there's been some trouble with the game crashing during level 7 on Macs and also some display issues on Windows 10. Let's see what we can do with troubleshooting to try to get things working better.

For Macs, a lot of how a game performs is related to the software and operating system details for the system. Installing updates for Shockwave and Flash are a great place to start for trying to get things working better. More information about this can be found here:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

As for the flickering issues on Windows 10, this could mean that the video card drivers currently installed aren't getting along well with the current version of Windows 10. It may help to keep an eye out for video card driver updates, and we also have a help article specifically for our Windows 10 users that could have some helpful tips. Here's that article:

Windows 10

Should the issues remain after that, please send a message to our Technical Support Team. They can provide additional assistance and also help us track reported issues. You can also PM me or another Moderator at any time with questions or concerns. We'll do our best to help out.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by realvanna on Dec 7, 17 9:08 PM
georgiarealist wrote:I was doing ok with this game until Windows 10 did a major update this morning (it must have been major because it took almost 2 hours!). Now I get the top third or so of the image flickering and jumping around. It's hard to focus on what needs to be done. Before the update, the only problem I had was the game crashed if I tried to set it to windowed mode.

grams3031
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by grams3031 on Dec 8, 17 12:38 PM
on level 5 cannot get the heated stones to come up on green when you choose it.

Go to: