Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Harrowed Halls: Hell's Thistle here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 24, 17 12:38 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 11/24/2017 at 6:17:11 AM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Harrowed Halls: Hell's Thistle here.

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Nov 24, 17 6:16 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Harrowed Halls: Hell's Thistle here. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread as the moderators will be removing any content that isn’t a review.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Harrowed Halls: Hell's Thistle.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBeruna

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Nov 24, 17 6:17 PM
A disappointing game. Not enough hos. I gave up on it because of the numerous puzzles which some of them I did. Even though some of the puzzles were easy, they were excessive and game play became tedious and boring because of them and all the inventory you have to collect. It's a job. There was only one real hos I can remember in the demo, but it was repeated and who cares for that? There were a few other very superficial small hos (that I don't consider hos at all) where you have the word finds and also a certain amount of items that were in a sketch type...forget it. The emphasis is on puzzles, as usual. The graphics are good, creating an atmosphere conducive to the story. Looking for items with the phone was quite bland...and some of the inventory items you have to find are...well, you know...ridiculous. I mute sound, so cannot comment on music or voices. I really wanted to like this game because it began in a relaxing, easy manner and I thought you could progress through it without being stressed out with so many puzzles and going back and forth with inventory items as well.

gertie23
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by gertie23 on Nov 25, 17 4:59 PM
I left this review on the 'collector's edition' forum back in October, my opinion hasn't changed but I bailed even sooner on this version.

"This is a ridiculous game! Sometimes I had to click on something 3 or 4 times before it would actually take (wasted about 8 minutes), very little direction (in my opinion) even after clicking the hint button. I finally had enough while on the balcony and was stuck with the 'phone gadget', it kept telling me to click on the 'achievement button' but still went nowhere? I like a bit of a challenge but I do not like frustration (bad for the blood pressure)."

I do not recommend this game.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Dec 1, 17 4:35 AM

I loved everything about this game, it has an excellent story line, awesome graphics, likable and lifelike characters, and entertaining puzzles amd HOP's, however, I prefer the Collector's Edition version over this Standard Edition version, because it has Morphing Jigsaw Puzzle Pieces to collect and assemble Screensavers. The Collector's Edition version also has collectible Coins that allow you to buy items such as billiards and arcades.

I was a fan of this new series when Lakeview Lane was released last year, and (censored...H-e double L's) Thistle has exceeded my expectations! The graphics are some of the best I've seen in a long time, and although the story isn't exactly new per se, it does leave room for plot thickening and a few twists and turns. I love games that are based upon modern day events, and even though I'm not a fan of "ghost catching" devices, I'm willing to overlook the gimmicky device, because a cell phone is exactly what you'd expect someone to be using in current times. The Collector's Edition version has a whopping 72 Morphing Puzzle pieces (the beta only had 44!?) that allows you to assemble Jigsaw Puzzles and save as Screensavers. The CE also has collectible Coins located throughout the game, that can be used to purchase Video Arcade and Billiards to decorate your virtual mancave garage, which also has a section to store your collectibles.

HARROWED HALLS GAMES AVAILABLE
Title Collector's Edition Release Date Average Rating

1-Lakeview Lane (October 20-2016) 3.6
2- (H-e-double L's) Thistle (October 26-2017) 4.0
(?????? Why do they give these games a name that you're not allowed to write on a review??????)

MaryEl
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by MaryEl on Dec 2, 17 3:37 PM
Just played for a while but it seems to be very sluggish. Clicking on things takes 2 or 3 times before working. Doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason to what is required of the player. Will have to try again when I have more patience. Hope some of you have better luck and enjoy the game right off the bat. If so, congrats.

[Post New]by rooie8 on Apr 21, 18 2:17 AM
VERY disappointed in this game. Barely a hidden object game in sight - just more and more (as usual now) of strategy stuff (thank God for SKIP)
BUT......... I get to the Greenhouse...... and find out that I should have collected the wrench in the kitchen. Back I go..... and VOILA .... it won't be collected! Shut down a few times..... and same result. By this stage I was so determined to finish the rotten thing, I deleted it and reloaded it....... got back to the greenhouse and the same thing!
Can I make a suggestion, BigFish?? How about a section ONLY for hidden object games and not filled to the eyeballs with the strategy stuff??
I take my laptop to a senior's group of people with early dementia/Alzheimers. The hidden object games are brilliant at helping them to focus their minds and they enjoy it at the same time!
I realise I won't get a reply, but I'm damned annoyed at wasting more money on another game that doesn't work as it should. It just seems I wont get to the end of this game.

Go to: