bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Saga of the Nine Worlds: The Four Stags Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 25, 17 12:29 AM
Eipix Entertainment proudly presents the next thrilling installment of the Saga of the Nine Worlds series!

The four stags that maintain balance in the realms are missing! With Odin left powerless, it’s up to you and your companions to find them and return balance to the World Tree. With plots of subterfuge running rampant, this will be no easy task. Can you and your compatriots travel through the worlds to save them in time? Find out in this breathtaking hidden-object puzzle adventure game!

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

Re:Saga of the Nine Worlds: The Four Stags Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Nov 25, 17 2:03 PM
Normally I am a big fan of Eipix. I liked the graphics, music, etc. and especially the forest scenes, but this game is so puzzle heavy and HOS filled with search out runes that it has very little, if any, replay value for me. When they load up the game with searches like this and endless puzzles you lose the main goals of the game. I sincerely don't know if I will continue buying the series.

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Nov 26, 17 1:05 PM
Penny1942 wrote:Normally I am a big fan of Eipix. I liked the graphics, music, etc. and especially the forest scenes, but this game is so puzzle heavy and HOS filled with search out runes that it has very little, if any, replay value for me. When they load up the game with searches like this and endless puzzles you lose the main goals of the game. I sincerely don't know if I will continue buying the series.

I am not being sarcastic-this is a legit question: What do you expect
from a HOPA (Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure) game?

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Nov 27, 17 8:32 AM
My comment was based entirely on playing the complete game. I find looking for runes in what is supposed to be a HOS very boring. I would rather look for the cursed zipper pull than a rune. Look back at the older games, they were great fun and not so full of puzzles etc. that you lost track of the goal of the game. Thank Heavens for my purchase history so I can go back and play them even if they didn't have all the bells and whistles of the "custom" mode.

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Dec 11, 17 7:21 AM
Hi, Penny1942. . I have to admit, I love my mini-games, but I love my well done HO scenes, too, so I like a good balance there. What I find myself becoming oversaturated w/ at this point is collectibles. I recently purchased a game where the collectibles were maybe 30% of the attraction, & ended up being very disappointed, as the gameplay was so lacking. Where collectibles are concerned, I think I'm swinging back towards "less is more". As you say, older games had nonesuch, instead, they offered more content that you could really sink your teeth into.

Go to: