game won't open - error code

[Post New]by Briannaleah on Nov 25, 17 7:42 PM
I've just purchased this game and when I try and open it in the games manager, it comes up with error code 809. I have restarted my computer and closed everything on my computer, and it is still not working.
I don't want to waste my money so I am hoping that someone will be able to help!

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

Re:game won't open - error code

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 26, 17 11:18 AM
Hi there Briannaleah,

First of all, welcome to the Forums! I'm sorry to hear that you've run into an 809 error code. That can come up when the Play button is clicked twice by accident, and it can also appear when the button is clicked a second time after the game failed to open up with the first click. If restarting the computer and then clicking once on Play hasn't resolved the issue, we can try running the game as an Administrator and checking for video card driver updates to see if that helps the game open up instead of crashing into the background.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, please send a message to our Technical Support Team for further help. You're also welcome to PM me or another Moderator with any additional questions. We'll do our very best to help out.

bfgArinelle

Go to: