bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

New version of Escape the Lost Kingdom now available

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on May 11, 10 12:01 PM
We have a new version of Escape the Lost Kingdom available now. This new version of the game resolves the progression block in the column puzzle.

We apologize greatly for the trouble. If your Game Manager hasn’t prompted you to run the update, here’s how to install the new version of the game:

Uninstall a PC Game
Open your Game Manager by clicking the Play My Games icon. Find your game and click the trash can icon.

Reinstall a PC Game
1. Go to your Purchase History and click Install Now next to the game.
2. Select Run or Save File.
3. If prompted, click OK or Run to open the game’s executable file and start downloading.

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Support Team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket.

donzteri
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:New version of Escape the Lost Kingdom now available

[Post New]by donzteri on Jul 14, 10 10:10 AM
How do I get the version of the game that goes along with the walkthrough? I keep looking for the feathers the walkthrough tells me to pick up, and there are no feathers in my game. I don't get to the Princess's Burial Chamber. Also, after I complete the puzzles in the Torture Chamber, the walkthrough says to go north, then out the door to the right. That door is still closed, and I don't know how to open it. Maybe that's in the version from the walkthrough, but it's not in my version. I tried to uninstall the game and reinstall it, like the instructions say, but I got the same game, with no updates. Teri Benedetto

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jul 25, 10 11:26 AM
Hey donzteri:

When you finished the game, did you have the Staff piece left over? The game ends ABRUPTLY after the boat launch - family floating along in boat and game is done and you never get a chance to use the staff piece.... Is that how your game went???

[Post New]by guzylak115 on Aug 2, 10 5:48 AM
It turns out that there is a premium edition (you can buy that at Gamehouse for $19.99) that has the additional locations. It has 1 more cjhapter, 5 more puzzles and 6 more hidden item locations. Also an alternate ending. I don't know how it ends because I have the same version that the rest of you do that takes me to the boathouse then just ENDS!!!! I think BFG should have disclosed that there were tweo versions of this game. I'm very dissapointed. I expected more than a few ( and I mean a few) hours of play.

LadyDream
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by LadyDream on Apr 3, 11 3:29 AM
Just replayed it after the update, I don't remember too much about playing it before, just that it was a lot harder back then, LOL. They filled in the story, but they still haven't mentioned what happened to the CAT!!!!! Emilys remark at the end makes some sense, and I didn't leave any rooms unexplored or end up with any extra bits. The crashing was never an issue for me, and it wasn't this time either, so I supposed it's fixed. Still short, but more satisfying. Didn't noticed any glaring typos, just some odd spacing, like they had blanked out half a line to fix it. I can't spell separate half the time, so didn't notice if it was fixed or not. Much better game for me now.

Go to: