Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Alicia Quatermain & The Stone of Fate Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 28, 17 12:39 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 11/28/2017 at 8:22:38 AM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Alicia Quatermain & The Stone of Fate Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 28, 17 8:22 AM
Hi Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work as it should, we highly recommend visiting the Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped past players correct various types of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using the information in our Big Fish Games Help articles, please get in touch with the Customer Support Team. It would also be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide the most appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are looking for game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgArinelle

OredO
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Alicia Quatermain & The Stone of Fate Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by OredO on Nov 28, 17 2:23 PM
played free trial, purchased game with two credits and it's unable to activate with error code 1400 (no internet connection). i uninstalled and reinstalled and the game still shows trial expired. :/

i am connected to the internet, as i am leaving this comment as well.

i am playing (or trying to) on a MAC

Edited on 11/28/2017 at 2:27:18 PM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Alicia Quatermain & The Stone of Fate Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 28, 17 2:50 PM
Hi OredO,

I'm sorry to hear there has been trouble installing and activating the game. We sent out an update this morning to try to help out with the 1400 errors players have reported lately, so, if you haven't done so already, please go ahead and close out of the Big Fish Games app entirely and then open it back up again. This should apply the update and get things working better.

If the 1400 goes away after that but the game is still in trial mode, we can try to activate it directly through that trial version. Steps for that can be found here:

Activating Purchased Game through Trial Version

If there are any issues after giving these steps a try, you can send a message to our Technical Support Team or PM one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to help out however we can.

bfgArinelle

Edited on 11/28/2017 at 2:51:02 PM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Alicia Quatermain & The Stone of Fate Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by stroheckerdeb on Dec 1, 17 6:09 AM
purchased this game but it will not download. No error message, just does not download. Closed out Game Manager, re-opened and tried to download again. Still nothing. Able to down load other non-Big Fish items to computer

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Alicia Quatermain & The Stone of Fate Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 1, 17 11:57 AM
Hello stroheckerdeb,

It sounds like this game won't download. I want you to be able to explore the jungles of India with Alicia as quickly as possible, so I'm swimming over to help.

When a game won't download, I recommend changing how it's downloaded. First, please adjust the network settings in the Big Fish Games app. Then, download the game again directly from the app using the Alternate Method. The instructions for that process are outlined in the help page below:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

Should that solution not work, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to provide more help. If any new questions arise, you're also welcome to PM me or another moderator. I wish you all of the best.

bfgBeruna

unicorn68
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by unicorn68 on Dec 2, 17 8:53 PM
Ive just d/l the free trial and cant play...
Never mind how much I click or where (trash pile ore puzzle piece) : nothing happens.
Already uninstalled the game and reinstalled it but that didnt help.
What now?

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 3, 17 11:59 AM
Hi unicorn68,

It sounds like there's been some trouble interacting with objects in the game. When this sort of thing happens, it can be due to the game not having the permissions or resources it needs for its files to work correctly. For those cases, it can help to run the game as and Administrator, and it's also a great idea to check for video card driver updates to help the game and computer get along better.

Should issues remain after that, please send a message to our Technical Support Team. You can also PM me or another Moderator with lingering questions. We'll do our best to help out.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by mefraffe on Dec 5, 17 3:06 AM
I am still in the trial mode but the game keeps freezing and I have to go to my task manager to get out of it. Cannot play level 7 due to this problem.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 5, 17 11:31 AM
Hi mefraffe,

I'm sorry to hear there's been trouble with the game freezing up while playing. Freezes can come from a few causes, so let's try some troubleshooting to see if we can get the game and the computer to get along better so things can smooth out. A good place to start with freezes is checking for video card driver updates, since those drivers have a lot of influence over how a game appears and performs. It's also a good idea to run the game as an Administrator so that the game's files have all the permissions they need to work as they should. Steps for both of these possibilities can be found at these links:

Video Driver Updates

Should the issues continue after that, please send a message to our Technical Support Team for further help. You can also PM me or another Moderator with lingering questions. We'll be happy to assist however we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by mailmom on Dec 9, 17 12:18 PM
I am not able to play the game. I went through the trial and purchased the game and had almost finished it completely when it quit loading. I uninstalled and re installed it. I've contacted tech support but have not heard back. This is not the only recently installed game that this is happening to. The elven Legend 5 is doing the same thing.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 9, 17 12:42 PM
Hello mailmom,

Thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry that our Technical Support Team hasn't replied to your inquiry yet. I can definitely provide some basic troubleshooting suggestions for how to get the game to load, but if they don't fix the issue, our Support Team will be your best bet.

First, please check to see that the computer's video card driver is up to date. Then, please run the game in Administrator Mode. Both processes will improve the relationship the game has with the computer and make things run more smoothly. I've included help pages with those instructions below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to send me (or one of my fellow moderators) a PM if new questions arise. We're always here to help.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by jwonought on Dec 12, 17 11:21 AM
Played the game for a couple of days and now get error "Couldn't switch to requested monitor resolution Switching to resolution 1920x0 failed, trying lower one
Switching to resolution 1920x0 failed, trying lower one
All resolution switches have failed
Screen: DX11 could not switch resolution (1920x1080 fs=1 hz=0)"
Uninstalled and reinstalled but still not loading.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 12, 17 11:28 AM
Hi jwonought,

It sounds like there was an error related to the resolution for the game, and now after reinstalling the game won't open up. Let's see what some troubleshooting can do to get things working better. To start, let's address the possibility that the system's current resolution settings aren't getting along well with the game. We can try changing the screen resolution to a different one to see if that helps. The link mentions a specific resolution, but you're welcome to try others as well to see how the available options affect the game. It may also help to run the game as an Administrator just to make sure its files have all the permissions they need.

Should none of this resolve the issues, please send a message to our Technical Support Team for further help. You can also PM me or another Moderator with any remaining questions or concerns. We're always happy to help however we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by jwonought on Dec 12, 17 11:36 AM
Also Elven Legend 5 and Rose Riddle, Fairey Detective do not work, just a small icon in the quick start tray when I try to run them

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 12, 17 11:43 AM
Hi jwonought,

It also sounds like there is trouble in general with games not opening up. When a game isn't opening, it may be crashing in the background, so running the game as an Administrator and checking for video card driver updates can help make sure the games have what they need to open up properly.

Please reach out to our Technical Support Team if the above troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue. As always, you can PM me or another Moderator as well with questions or concerns. We'll help out as best we can.

bfgArinelle

martian55
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Problem accumulating stars for museum TECH ISSUES for Alicia Quatermain & The Stone of Fate

[Post New]by martian55 on Dec 19, 17 2:39 AM
The stars which allow access to museum will accumulate for a few games but after about 10 the stars stop accumulating. Possibly this happened after I did not allow the full score to run before I entered the museum. However the score stopped accumulating.

I started a new game and the same thing happened after about map 10. I am not sure I have explained well but you cnnot keep buying items in the museum because the stars will not accumulate even though you scored 3 stars.

Lilac657
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Lilac657 on Dec 19, 17 3:42 AM
I'm having the same problems as jwonought. I tried the troubleshooting steps and then reached out to customer service. I was told they don't help anyone individually and gave me a game credit.

The problems seemed to start after the Windows 10 Creators update.

It's too bad--I really wanted to play this game!

zara137
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

Island 2

[Post New]by zara137 on Dec 19, 17 7:49 AM
I have completed the game, all 3 stars, all puzzle pieces, all bonus levels. However, on the 2nd island the puzzle piece does not fill in over the dish. It does in all other islands. Is this a glitch? I played up to that level several times using different player names and it is always the same.

[Post New]by NateGerard on Dec 24, 17 10:29 AM
Have had the game for a while and was working great until a windows 10 update this past Tuesday 12/19/17. Now when starting the game I get an error box that says 'couldn't switch to requested monitor resolution’. And below that says…
‘Switching to resolution 1920x0 failed, trying lower one
Switching to resolution 1920x0 failed, trying lower one
All resolution switches have failed
Screen: DX11 could not switch resolution (1920x1080 fs=1 hz=0)’
All the other games I have that I have tried work fine, seems to be just this game.

Go to: