Lauralei
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

puzzle instructions unclear

[Post New]by Lauralei on May 11, 10 12:25 PM
Is it me or are the instructions dense? I'm never quite sure how to do things. Just started level three and have no idea how to do the color thing. I know what they want (I think) but have no idea how to get there. Since I'm using demo time I don't stare at the screen longer than it takes to say, "I don't know what they are talking about!" Hints are so-so. Are others finding this, too? Does it get better as you get used to things?

Mamalita
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

Re:puzzle instructions unclear

[Post New]by Mamalita on May 11, 10 12:40 PM
I've tried this one. I've gotten the colors so that I think they match, the game says no, so I skip.

Meisie84
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by Meisie84 on May 11, 10 2:09 PM
The instructions seem to be so-so....match the colours on the left screen so they look exactly like the one on the right...the 3 colours as well as in the center area.
HTH!

Lauralei
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by Lauralei on May 11, 10 2:25 PM
Thanks to all of you. Believe it or not, I didn't see the round buttons to adjust the colors. I was hitting the lights, themselves, and nothing was happening. LOL

Making coffee now before i decide this is a dumb game. teehee

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on May 11, 10 10:06 PM
lauralei That's exactly my hangup in puzzles. Like you I know what I'm supposed to achieve but stumped on how to get there. Especially on a timed demo. That's when I usually have to peek at the walkthrough with better instructions than a game gives, and hate to skip them too. I don't need to look at the solution if I can help it, just tell me how to do it and not use demo time staring and random clicking.

Just had to stop to see how to use inventory pieces to punch a hole. Even the walkthroughs (2) didn't help, but I think things have to be found in order. I want back and found an unrelated object to my task (I think) then back and the punchcard thing worked. When a room has more than one sparkly and opens a puzzle I usually start backwards, wrong puzzle LOL.

Haven't reached your color puzzle yet but I'm sure I wouldn't see a button or a switch or what order to click if I did. I'm not psychic, just going psycho.

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on May 12, 10 12:32 AM
I used the skip button on that one, don't know if it is my graphics card or me, could not judge when the colours were the same, kept altering the colours by one move and could not get it right.

Go to: