Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Rainforest Solitaire here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 29, 17 12:43 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 11/29/2017 at 8:48:22 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Rainforest Solitaire here.

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 29, 17 2:23 AM
This is a "one higher or one lower" solitaire game. It's simple, it's basic, it's easy, it's without any bling whatsoever, but it has annoying sound effects.

On the main game page it says:

• Increased difficulty as you go
• Are your cards skills up to the challenge?

Well, I played the first 15 levels, and went through each level without any difficulty. Never had to repeat a level, and always got 3 gold stars (with a perfect score) each time.

I don't usually call a game a kid's game, but in this case I will make an exception. This game is so easy, with jokers galore in most hands, that it seemed to have been designed with children in mind.

I love solitaire games, and own many, but won't buy this game.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Nov 29, 17 7:02 AM

I don't know about you folks, but the reason I play Solitaire games is for relaxation. When I get stressed out or just want to unwind, my "go to" game is Solitaire. There are enough timed games out there nowadays, Match 3, Time Management, and sometimes even HOPA games have a timed feature. If you haven't guessed where I'm going with this yet, this is a Timed Higher/Lower Solitaire game! In order to earn all 3 Stars, you have to play each level as fast as possible. There are 3 Stars located at the top, and one by one, the stars will begin to disappear, one chunk at a time.

I was able to make it to level 30 before having to replay a level, and was able to make it to level 38 before the one hour demo ended, which tells you how easy this game is, and I was able to earn all 3 stars on all 38 levels. The goal is to remove ALL cards from the field, if you run out of deck cards and cards still remain on the board, you will have to replay the level until you are able to remove all of the cards.

The Undo feature seems to be limitless, but I only used the undo feature a couple of times, so I could be wrong. There are eventually 3 Power-up's at your disposal, that need to recharge before they can be used again. The Joker can be used as any card, the Bomb will remove 3 cards on the field, and the third power-up is a Shuffle feature that puts cards back into the deck and redistributes them. Almost every level has a Joker hidden in the deck, but you cannot stockpile them, they have to be removed by playing it as a wildcard.

When determining how many stars to give a game in my reviews, I always go by the same criteria, no matter what type of game it is, If I loved the game so much that I'd be willing to purchase it at face value, I'll give it 5 stars. If I really liked the game, but I'm only willing to buy the game during a really good sale, I'll give that game a 4 star review rating. If I enjoyed playing a game, but I'm only willing to use a game credit or PCC, I'll give that game a 3 star rating in my review. If I didn't like the game but enjoyed some of the features it offers, I will give the game a 2 star review rating. If I hated playing a game, if I can't make myself play the entire demo, and none of the features appeal to me whatsoever, I will give that game a 1 star review.

I gave Rainforest Solitaire 3 stars because I would be willing to use a credit or PCC to buy the game. It has features I really liked, and some I didn't. I like that this is a Higher/Lower type solitaire, I like the fact that you don't have to remove special gold cards to win, leaving regular cards on the field, I like how quickly the next level becomes available, with fast pop up windows to move forward, I like that the deck shows you how many cards remain, I like a limitless Undo feature, I like that the power-ups aren't one and done cards that they simply recharge and I even like the card graphics. I don't however, like a Solitaire game that is timed and stressful, I don't like that the cards don't shake if you miss a playable card, or alert you somehow, because you have to play so quickly it's easy to miss a card, Obviously my pros outweigh the cons, but still....a timed solitaire game is not a stress relieving kind of game, enjoy!

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 29, 17 8:48 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread for Rainforest Solitaire! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on this game here. There are just a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Rainforest Solitaire.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to assist in any way we can.

bfgArinelle

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Please post your REVIEWS for Rainforest Solitaire here.

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Nov 30, 17 2:45 PM
Virtually no explanations are offered. The Undo does seem to be unlimited, and even lets you go back 3 moves--more, for all I know. The pile of Jokers at the side seems to be unlimited. The only snag is that if you play the last card from the deck, you're shut down and can't use one or more Jokers to pull off the last remaining cards.

I kept waiting to be told I'd used Undo or the Jokers up and had to buy more, but it never happened.

Relaxation is indeed a good use for a game. Being pandered to doesn't relax me.

Not a buy for me.

cabanaeast18
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by cabanaeast18 on Dec 3, 17 1:26 PM
I play solitaire for the relaxation. I like the graphics, cards, and music. I just wish there was some building to do. It just makes it more interesting and, yes, like you're playing for more than just turning cards. Maybe next time, devs.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 4, 17 12:20 AM
I forgot to mention that, in this game, you can also click on the face up cards that are behind the one in front of them. Never seen a card game where you could do that. And that was another reason I thought that this game was more directed to kids rather than adults.

I don't like timed games either, and I too play games for relaxation, but when I play a Solitaire game I like a bit of a challenge, like: "get one perfect", or "make a combo of 10", and such. I don't play solitaire games anymore that don't give me at least some challenge.

cowclaudia
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

What's to like?

[Post New]by cowclaudia on Dec 19, 17 10:38 AM
I love solitaire but only if it has some additional features like building something or fun mini games. So far this game has none of that, just the usual basic solitaire with no additions. Good to play when you need mental relaxation and are tired of doom, gloom, hideous faces and ugly creatures.

Mrdenis
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Mrdenis on Jan 28, 18 7:58 PM
I finished the whole game. I wanted to change the profile name so I could play another full game. it turns out that there is no profile or level changes. so I am going to delete the game and see if I can start from the beginning.. if anyone has had this problem or found a fix please let me know

Go to: