sir_vival
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

Yeah, it's back

[Post New]by sir_vival on Nov 29, 17 4:48 AM
Just started BFGameManager, it's running
Needed 2 restarts, lasts a little bit.
At about 35% game falls back to 0%, be patient, thereafter the actual normal start screen appears

Didn't check browser accessability - others may do

Thank you Devs
Thank you BF

Your hard work is succesful
Lean back, enjoy our happiness -
Have a nice day
Sir Vival

PlusJenney
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

Re:Yeah, it's back

[Post New]by PlusJenney on Nov 29, 17 4:59 AM
I got in with Internet Explorer, without having to bypass any security!

update: I just tried Mozilla Firefox and I was able to get in to ROM there too, without bypassing any security!

Looking forward to seeing all my neighbors again!

Edited on 11/29/2017 at 6:15:38 AM PST

Phoebe1157
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Phoebe1157 on Nov 29, 17 6:44 AM
Woohoo.... ty everyone who worked on the tech problem..!! So Happy good to see you ROM and family
Phoebe

Vulcaness
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by Vulcaness on Nov 29, 17 7:57 AM
Yippee!!!

I have really missed this game. Played a few others but none has the long term interest of this game.

Note: I can only get to comments via a link I have through Google. I can't pull up comments thru the Game Manager.

I also got a "Welcome Back" gift as if I'd been sleeping which was a nice surprise.

aurendel01
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

[Post New]by aurendel01 on Nov 29, 17 8:16 AM
Hooray!

An early Christmas gift from BigFish--I got in today!

I've got some things to do--later today I'llo try to gift if I can.

clm5457
Catfish
Catfish
1,588 Posts

[Post New]by clm5457 on Nov 29, 17 9:52 AM
OH MY GOODNESS!! We are back in the game!

OK all my sleeping neighbors, you can wake up now.

A toast to a happy day.

Shirley913
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Shirley913 on Nov 29, 17 10:19 AM
Oh what a nice surprise, I am back in the game using Google Chrome as I normally do.
Lots of neighbours not back on yet though. Thank you to all who made it possible.

[Post New]by mollyanne59 on Nov 29, 17 11:50 AM
I am back in the game using Google Chrome. A big thank you to all that made it possible for us to play again. I got a nice welcome back gift, hoping to see all my wonderful neighbor soon.

A toast to all

Chiroptera
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Chiroptera on Nov 29, 17 12:24 PM
So happy it's back! working for me on Chrome.~

To bad I have no memory of what purchased events I was working on, lol. Whatever they were, they're gone now. Oh well.

Edited for typos

Edited on 11/29/2017 at 12:24:36 PM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Nov 29, 17 4:30 PM
Hello Everyone,

I want to swim by and check in about Rooms of Memory and its current status. Thank you so much for letting us know what's happening with the game and for your patience throughout this process.

We're still awaiting the confirmation of an update that ensures that game is compatible with the Big Fish Games website again. While some players may be able to play Rooms of Memory again, we cannot state whether the game will be and will remain available to all players. Once we receive more information, we'll announce it in the thread below (which also contains more information about this matter):

An Important Announcement - Rooms of Memory Temporarily Unavailable - November 29, 2017

Should there be any questions or concerns, you're more than welcome to PM me or another moderator. We'll be glad to help.

bfgBeruna

margkost
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by margkost on Nov 29, 17 4:35 PM
Sooo happy ROM is back
Thanks to all who worked to fix this
Thanks to all my neighbors for their patience while I was asleep.

I currently can play on Chrome but could not get to the ROM forum through Chrome.
Is this happening to anyone else?

4253dmale
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by 4253dmale on Nov 29, 17 4:54 PM
I also was able to get on through Chrome and IE, but neither browser would go to the forum page. I had to get here through a link I saved.

I played a little while on each browser and found them to be a little jurky, but not too bad. A couple of the artifacts were circles. Glad the game is up. Hope it stays and stabilizes in the next few days.

[Post New]by musicdancer on Nov 29, 17 5:04 PM
I'm on also. a lot of my neighbors are asleep,,,I will leave them on and hope they will come back soon.

missourigem
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

Re:Yeah, it's back --- for some

[Post New]by missourigem on Nov 29, 17 6:59 PM
Unfortunately.. the moderator is correct.. it doesn't work for all yet. I have tried most of the day... like Sir Vival... mine starts then drops to zero. But, unlike him.. mine never makes it past 30%. I have done all the standard stuff.... so... guess I have a bit longer to wait. What really sucks for me though is that my IE11 will no longer load either.. it does the same thing ... gets to 30 % and then to zero... over and over. I'll keep trying... so ... keep the light on for me.

ratchetr
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by ratchetr on Nov 29, 17 7:17 PM
4253dmale wrote:I also was able to get on through Chrome and IE, but neither browser would go to the forum page. I had to get here through a link I saved..

Did you try to get to this forum by clicking the Community link at the top of the game?

That doesn't work now. Why it doesn't work is a bit amusing (at least to nerds).

BFG told PlayMe8 that everything needs to be HTTPS. That caused the 2 weeks of pain we have been through, because the game wasn't really HTTPS ready.

But they fixed it, and I thank them for that. But they did what BFG told them to do...make everything HTTPS. So the community link now goes to:
httpS://forums.bigfishgames.com/forums/show/3464.page

Except...guess what? This forum doesn't support HTTPS. To read this forum, you need to use the very dangerously insecure link:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/forums/show/3464.page

Perhaps it's time for BFG to eat it's own dog food and add https support for this forum?

[Post New]by HJGPirate on Nov 29, 17 7:50 PM
oh.. and I'm curious.. for those of you that the game now works for... do you still have the 'game is temporarily unavailable message'? Mine is still there...and it doesn't work...

kasuna67
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by kasuna67 on Nov 30, 17 12:52 AM
Got back into the game this morning...whoohooo!! Still have the 'game is temporarily unavailable message' and I can't get into Community link through the game only through the Community link on top. So good to see my neigbors again!!

Energyworker
Herring
Herring
335 Posts

[Post New]by Energyworker on Nov 30, 17 8:44 AM
I'm back in through Firefox. I had the "temporarily unavailable message" first thing this morning, I refreshed later and the game was working. Rec'd welcome back gifts ... the first neighbour I tried to gift it froze with spinning circle. I've refreshed and sent my neighbours gifts. Everything else appears to be working. I've been able to access the BFG forum since RoM has been NW. That had nothing to do with the game being down at least not for me in Firefox.

Thank you neighbours for keeping me in your hood! I see some are still asleep, mostly those lower than my level. I didn't check every day to see if it was working so perhaps they have done the same.

Glad to be back!

lorakeet
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by lorakeet on Nov 30, 17 3:49 PM
Glad to be back!

missourigem
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by missourigem on Nov 30, 17 8:19 PM
I was soooo hopeful today... my Windows 10 had it's new very very LONG update done and I hoped it would resolve my not being to get in and join y'all.... but alas... I am now stuck with the ole 89% issue. I've had that in the past and it took 2 weeks to resolve... lets hope that doesn't happen again .. but instead it will work when the BF-Playme8 thing is totally resolved! Please continue to keep your lights on for me... I will really try to make it home one of these days.....

Go to: