bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Dark City: London Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 30, 17 12:29 AM
Welcome to Dark City: London Collector's Edition forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Dark City: London Collector's Edition players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Dark City: London Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by maryek on Nov 30, 17 10:09 AM
I got a warning "this game may harm your pc" Do you know anything about this? Thanks

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 30, 17 11:34 AM
Hi there maryek,

It sounds like a warning from an antivirus program has come up when installing the game. I'm sorry to hear that happened, and I certainly understand the concern this could cause. I want to assure you that your computer has not received any type of virus from Big Fish Games. Our products are guaranteed virus-free, and we thoroughly test each of our games and applications before they’re released to the public.

False messages like this can appear because antivirus programs will sometimes mistakenly identify safe software as containing a Trojan or virus. These programs update their virus definition files on a daily basis and can sometimes be too strict. In an effort to catch all harmful files, occasionally legitimate files will also be flagged as potentially unsafe.

We have good relationships with many antivirus companies, and our Customer Support team will work directly with your provider to report the error and quickly resolve this issue. To get started, please send a message to our Customer Support Team that includes the following information:

-Which antivirus company do you use?
-Which game is causing the issue?
-What did the virus message alert you received say?
-Which Big Fish Games file was detected as being infected? (Note: the name of the file might end with .exe.)

If you'd like to read more about this type of message, please visit the following link:

Virus Messages

I hope we’ve been able to ease any concerns you’ve had and that you will allow us to help fix the issue. Thank you for your time and understanding. Happy gaming!

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by x6tvuurd on Nov 30, 17 1:35 PM
my pc will not download dark cities: London collector edition. It gives me code 5.I have windows 10 - 64/32. Error 900. I tried uninstalling big fish and installing it again.

Edited on 12/01/2017 at 11:50:42 AM PST

hidnseekr
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by hidnseekr on Nov 30, 17 9:23 PM
maryek, I get the same thing. I don't want to continue to download it if it's bad.

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Dec 7, 17 1:42 PM
I just finished the bonus chapter and I didn't have any tech problems at all. Win10Pc.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 7, 17 2:21 PM
Hi Everyone,

It sounds like there have been some troubles while downloading the game. Let's start with the Error 5 and 900 x6tvuurd has seen. Error 900 indicates that something went wrong when the Big Fish Games app tried to open the game's files. The best thing to do with this error is send a message to our Technical Support Team for assistance, and please include a Dr. Felix Report with the message if possible. This well help our Tech team better assess what could be going wrong.

As for the message that you've seen, hidnseekr, I want to reassure that all of our games are guaranteed to be virus-free. Please send a message to our Technical Support Team as well with the following details so we can get in contact with the company for the antivirus program used on your computer and get this issue resolved:

-Which antivirus company do you use?
-Which game is causing the issue?
-What did the virus message alert you received say?
-Which Big Fish Games file was detected as being infected? (Note: the name of the file might end with .exe.)

I certainly understand the concern this message would cause, and we will do everything we can to make things right. Thank you for your understanding.

For future reference, please post any concerns about Tech Issues in the designated Tech Issues thread for the game. This helps us quickly locate concerns so they can be addressed, and it also helps to keep the forums organized.

If there are additional questions or concerns, please PM me or another Moderator. We'll be happy to provide any answers we can.

bfgArinelle

Edited on 12/07/2017 at 2:23:28 PM PST

[Post New]by sandy2086 on Dec 30, 17 6:04 PM
I have installed game twice and used the update but when game is started I get flickering and no way to stop it. Update did not fix problem. Anyone else get this problem?

Go to: