Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark City: London Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 30, 17 12:35 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 11/30/2017 at 8:15:51 AM PST

DebbieAnnie
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark City: London Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by DebbieAnnie on Nov 30, 17 2:49 AM
I finished the maze game with the clocks and then it started blinking....no matter what I do the blinking won't stop. Please help if you can..............DebbieAnnie

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 30, 17 5:42 AM
Once again, in Options, I can only tick either "widescreen" or "full screen". When "widescreen" is ticked, "full screen" won't tick, and vice versa.

I am using an MSI laptop with Win10, 64-bit.

[Post New]by JamieJB on Nov 30, 17 7:07 AM
Hi. I am having a similar issue-the game started in the full screen mode, so
I changed it to wide screen. It goes to wide screen, but I can't maximize to my whole computer screen.
Thanks

[Post New]by JamieJB on Nov 30, 17 7:29 AM
Found out what I was doing wrong-didn't have full screen and wide screen checked together. thanks anyway

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 30, 17 8:14 AM
JamieJB wrote:Found out what I was doing wrong-didn't have full screen and wide screen checked together. thanks anyway

That doesn't work for me. I am in full screen and when I tick widescreen and get out of options, I still don't have widescreen, and when I get back into the options, widescreen is unticked again. And if I go into window mode and tick widescreen, I get widescreen, but can't keep the full screen ticked.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 30, 17 8:15 AM
Hi Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work as it should, we highly recommend visiting the Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped past players correct various types of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using the information in our Big Fish Games Help articles, please get in touch with the Customer Support Team. It would also be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide the most appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are looking for game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgArinelle

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 30, 17 11:05 AM
Hi Valdy and JamieJB,

Sorry to hear there have been some troubles getting widescreen mode to stay on while playing. It's great that things worked out on your end, JamieJB! Since it sounds like that setting didn't work well for Valdy, though, let's see what else we can try.

It's possible that the widescreen setting does not get along well with the current resolution of the laptop or with some other aspect of the video card's settings. As far as troubleshooting goes, my best suggestions would be to adjust/experiment with the screen resolution settings to see if any other works better and to also check for video card driver updates.

Since it sounds like similar things have happened with other games, it may also be a good idea to send a ticket to our Technical Support Team so we can collect some additional information that may be helpful for tracking reports of this nature. You can also PM me or another Moderator at any time with questions or concerns. We'll do our best to assist.

bfgArinelle

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Nov 30, 17 5:07 PM
OK - should NOT have to do this much futzing for wide screen - but did find solution.

I had same issue as above - when I clicked Widescreen box - nothing happened & when I went back in to Options - it was once again un-checked.

So - went in to Options again & un-checked Fullscreen (eek! so teeny!) THEN from teeny non-full screen view I again checked both Fullscreen & Widescreen and - voila! THAT did it.

Still disappointing that last two 4 Friends games have had this "quirk" their previous games have not - they should be able to fix this.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 1, 17 3:48 AM
Thank you for the tip, Eoarod. I reinstalled the game to see if that would work, and found to my surprise that 4Friends Games seem to have tweaked the game so that I now have both widescreen and full screen automatically ticked.

Thanks for the quick response, 4Friends. I played the whole demo, and loved it.

[Post New]by frenglish on Dec 1, 17 5:08 AM
Just bought this game and it won't stop blinking from the very start.Haven't even attempted to play it yet as it's impossible. Any advice?

[Post New]by iamnotaguppy on Dec 1, 17 7:33 AM
I unchecked widescreen (both wide and full were checked by default) and the game crashed. I cannot get it to open back up again. I uninstalled and reinstalled it all to no avail. It will not open for me now.

ETA: I lowered my laptop’s screen resolution until I was able to open the game again. I rechecked Widesreen so that both we’re checked again and the game once again shut down.

I increased my screen resolution again and was once again able to open the game. ?????

Edited on 12/01/2017 at 7:40:27 AM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 1, 17 11:52 AM
Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry this game is presenting a myriad of display issues. Let's see if we can fix them!

It sounds like there's difficulty with the full screen and widescreen options and getting them to work together. Thank you, Eoarod, for providing a workaround. Please try unchecking both boxes and then rechecking the full screen and widescreen boxes.

Should that not fix the issue, or if the game crashes or the screen blinks, please check that the computer's video card driver is up to date. I'd also recommend running the game in Administrator Mode. Both processes will improve the computer's and the game's relationship. I've included help pages with those instructions below:

I hope those suggestions fix your games, but on the off chance that they don't, please contact our Technical Support Team. You're also welcome to PM me or another moderator if new questions arise. We'll be happy to provide as much help as possible.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by equi_1 on Dec 2, 17 12:28 AM
Hi guys,

I can't post a screenshot here but I found a small bug (misspelling) in one of the scenes, in deduction mode in the Park, a "chair" is listed instead of "chain". Do you need more details how to find it?

OSX

Sandisam
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Sandisam on Dec 2, 17 10:00 AM
Same problem as DebbieAnnie. blinking after maze game. Windows 10.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 2, 17 1:09 PM
Hello equi_1 and Sandisam,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm paddling over to lend a hand.

equi_1: Thank you for bringing this typo to our attention. I'll pass it along to the teams behind the game. Please have a lovely weekend.

Sandisam: I'm so sorry the game screen keeps blinking after the maze game. Please check to see that the computer's video card driver is up to date and run the game in Administrator Mode. Both processes will improve how the game interacts with the computer, and I've included relevant help pages below:

Should these suggestions not fix the game, I'd recommend contacting our Technical Support Team. They'll be able to provide further assistance. You're also more than welcome to PM one of my fellow moderators or me if new questions arise. We're always here to help.

bfgBeruna

Sherry__Rose
Minnow
Minnow
233 Posts

[Post New]by Sherry__Rose on Dec 2, 17 3:00 PM
I use Windows 10 and had the exact same problem of not being able to get it into widescreen mode. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, and I still had the same problem, being in wondowed mode only. This time, however, I checked all three choices in options, including the option of using the system, and not the program's, curser. It played in widescreen fine after that. I closed and reopened the game just now, and it still came up in widescreen, so I believe I'll buy it.

[Post New]by gummybear1962 on Dec 3, 17 12:31 AM
I also Just bought this game and it won't stop blinking also from the very start.I can play it in small screen with no problems at all just when I go to full/Widescreen the issue comes up. I have tried to reinstall and run as an administrater Any advice would be helpful?

[Post New]by gummybear1962 on Dec 3, 17 12:54 AM
I have Found The fix For My Game that was Blinking all the time in Full Screen I changed my Video Settings from Intergrated graphics to High Performance. I Run A NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M On My Tosiba Laptop Hope This May Help

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 3, 17 1:02 AM
gummybear1962 wrote:I have Found The fix For My Game that was Blinking all the time in Full Screen I changed my Video Settings from Intergrated graphics to High Performance. I Run A NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M On My Tosiba Laptop Hope This May Help

My NVIDIA GTX970M graphic card automatically changes to high performance when needed.

--- --- ---

Sherry_Rose, this sounds like you need to have the custom cursor checked as well for the widescreen/fullscreen functions to work together. I never use the custom cursor so that's why I may have had problems. But as I mentioned above, I reinstalled the game, and the devs seem to have tweaked it so that it comes up in widescreen now. At least it happened with my game.

Go to: