GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

Quests for Christmas event

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Nov 30, 17 5:09 AM
Below is the locked thread from the Christmas event 2016 and the daily quests. Decorations are costly so earn your coins. The penguin pet and pet accessory can also be obtained. And if you lost your Hardware store by changing it to yellow, it will reappear along with snow and the snow shovel to replace the rake.

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/885750.page

Below is the 2015 event.

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/628290.page

Just as in past events, remember the warnings about not closing your game until quests are completed and you know you are connected, or you run the danger of losing the next quest or second part of an unfinished quest.

Happy reading fellow ART addicts!

mirandashell
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

Re:Quests for Christmas event

[Post New]by mirandashell on Dec 1, 17 2:46 PM
Thank you!

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Dec 15, 17 6:35 AM
Hi everyone. My name is Dot and I am back to report on the Christmas Event for 2017.
Be aware I live in Australia which is in a different time zone to the USA, UK and Europe. This means I get the event before the players in those countries. You will need to wait until it is midnight in your country/ your time zone before the Event or the new day begins for you.

My clock has ticked over to 12 midnight and it is snowing in my game. The rake is gone and we now have to shovel snow. The reward for shovelling snow 100 times is an eggnog (see Event Quests Progress on the banner at the bottom of the game page).
The Winter Achievements on the all-achievements page has reset to 0.
The Christmas Event icon is a swirling snowflake.
All collectibles can be found in the cities and in the special Event mini games. There is no need to use the airplane.
The Christmas Event is written up as Beechwood Cove's version of Charles Dickens Christmas Story - A Christmas Carol.

Have fun everyone!

Edited on 12/15/2017 at 6:36:03 AM PST

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Dec 15, 17 6:49 AM
Please NOTE: Some of the Christmas Event collectibles are ONLY AVAILABLE on the day they form part of a quest.

The limited availability collectibles are on day 5; day 6; day 7 & day 9. You will need LOTS OF ENERGY for these quests. Stock up now so on those days you can do the HOS until you have all the collectibles you want.

All other collectibles are available from Day 1.

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Dec 15, 17 7:15 AM
The Christmas Event has STARTED.

Day 1. Friday 15 December 2017

Q.1. Visit Thomas at the Library. (mini game 18b - NEW game & only lasts for the Event)

The game is available for the whole event. Resources needed 18 magnifying glasses. There are 2 collectibles in this mini game - Jack's Hoodie & Aurora Compass.
2 Hoodies & 2 Compasses dropped when I did the mini game. I am on Connoisseur level for this mini game.
Note: Both these collectibles can be found in other locations but last year I found it easier energy-wise to do the mini game than to visit different cities. You do need to have the resources. I collected the reward.

ACHIEVEMENT BANNER appeared.
Complete a Christmas Special quest. I collected the reward of 1 eggnog.

The snowflake icon was still flashing so I clicked on it and it took me to the second quest for today.

Q. 2. Go to the Christmas Alley.

I am at guru level in this location and I was in fast shopper mode. There are 3 collectibles on the reward bar - Caged Winds of Ice; Ghostly Trail of Santa; Santa's Shaving Kit. When I did the HOS only Santa's Shaving Kit & the Ghostly Trail of Santa dropped. However when I went back & did the HOS again (in picture mode) all 3 collectibles dropped. This shows not every collectible will drop each time.

At this point you have completed the quest and if you collect the reward, the icon will disappear. The questing for today is over.

Enjoy the questing.

Dot

PS: To save retyping all the information for the Christmas Event, I have cut & pasted a large percentage of it from the 2016 Event. I have added comments for the current Event.

Edited on 12/15/2017 at 7:20:02 AM PST

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Dec 16, 17 3:23 AM
Oh, I saw the snow and thought rats! But there is our Dot! Hello, DOT!!!

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Dec 16, 17 5:13 AM
Hey Dot! Welcome back and thanks for your help. This will be my 3rd? time around, but I always check in here. You've saved my events more than once whenever my game loads that crazy, squooshed up font or, heaven forbid, the dreaded black strip with no words

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Dec 16, 17 8:51 AM
Hi Oddly! & Hello GCGuppy

Lovely to be back. Tonight I went to sleep early and woke up at 1.40 am. So my report is a little late.

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Dec 16, 17 9:05 AM
The Christmas Event continues. The Ghost of Christmas joins us today.

Day 2. Saturday 16 December 2017.

Q.3.
- Buy some garlic bread for Billy.
- Bring the garlic bread to the Christmas Alley.

The garlic bread cost 4 gold and goes into your inventory. At the Christmas Alley, there are 3 collectibles on the reward bar. I was in Silhouette mode. I am at guru level in the HOS. All 3 collectibles dropped.

When I collected the reward for doing the HOS, the Ghost of Christmas disappeared and Billy Scrooge came back. The snowflake icon was still flashing so I continued to the next quest.

Q.4. Meet Billy Scrooge's uncle at the Old Bank.

I visited the Oldstein Bank, Arizona. There I read Thomas Scrooge's rant & then did the HOS. I was in Fast Shopper mode. I am guru level for this HOS. There are 3 collectibles on the reward bar - Holly Boxers; Santa Scrap; Pillar O'Winter. All 3 collectibles dropped.

The mini scenes at the Oldstein Bank & Christmas Alley do NOT open with this Event. As the developers are no longer working on ART, they will not be opened.

Enjoy your day!

Dot

Tomorrow we will need to buy the Clam Chowder from the store. Cost is 800 coins.

mirandashell
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by mirandashell on Dec 17, 17 5:35 AM
Hi Dot! Glad you're here.

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Dec 17, 17 6:48 AM
Day 3 is an easy quest day. Billy Scrooge is our narrator for today.

Day 3. Sunday 17 December 2017.

Q.5.
- Buy a clam chowder for Thomas Scrooge.
- Bring the meal to the Old Bank.

The clam chowder costs 800 coins. If this is your second or more turn then the clam chowder will be ticked when you open the quest.
At the Oldstein Bank, I was in picture mode. There are 3 collectibles on the reward bar. All 3 collectibles dropped.
This is all the questing for today.

Today is D-Day, decision day. Decide how many of each collection you are going to aim for. Each collection has at least one (1) limited collectible (only available on quest day). As Oddly has pointed out, you need to keep the quest open to keep getting the collectible so it is good to know how many of the limited collectible you want to collect. Two years ago I did 20 of each collection and found it very time and energy consuming especially on Day 6 when we have 3 limited collectibles in one quest. This year I am trying for 10 complete collections of each.

Have fun!

Dot

Now the heads up for tomorrow. You will be asked to make a donation and the cost is 2,000 coins.

Heads up for Day 5 ONLY. There are 2 limited collectibles.
Klaus' Diary can be found in Missouri. Energy cost for one visit is 70. 10 collections = 10 x 70 = 700 energy.
Toy Blueprint can be found in Kansas. Energy cost for one visit is 115. 10 collections = 10 x 115 = 1150 energy.
That is a total of 1850 energy. Allow for the times when the collectible does NOT drop. I estimate I will need about 2000 energy to complete the quest. I have already stored the food.

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Dec 18, 17 5:25 AM
Please Note: Not feeling the best so I won't be up when the clock rolls onto 12 midnight. I have cut & pasted Day 4 from the Christmas 2016 thread so everyone will know what to expect. When I wake tomorrow I will edit this thread after I have done the quests.

Note: I was away from the game for all of Day 4. The following has been edited to reflect what happened in my game for the Day 4 tasks which I did together with the Day 5 tasks..

The story continues. Grace Anderson is our narrator today.

Day 4. Monday 18 December 2017.

Q.6. Go to the Old Bank.

Visited the Oldstein Bank and got a frosty reception from Thomas Scrooge. I am at guru level for this location. I was in silhouette mode. There are 3 collectibles on the reward bar and all 3 dropped. A simple quest today. I then did the HOS in picky shopper mode and all 3 collectibles dropped.

When I collected the reward, the icon was still flashing so I went to the second quest for today.

Q. 7. Donate 2,000 coins for the orphans.

This quest is straight-forward but costly if you are new to the Event. As I did this Event last year, the above quest was already ticked as being completed. After I collected the reward, the icon disappeared and ..............

An ACHIEVEMENT BANNER popped up.
Complete 7 Christmas special quests. I collected the reward of a Gingerbread House.

An easy day today but remember, it will be a busy day tomorrow. The heads-up is in the Day 3 post.

See you tomorrow.

Dot

Heads-up for Day 6: There are 3 LIMITED Collectibles to be collected.
Jack's Pendant (Jack Frost's Figurine Collection) - found Park Ranger mini game 18b. Requires 18 tweezers per go. 10 collections = 180 tweezers.
Elf Recruitment Poster (Elf Figurine Collection) - found in South Dakota. Energy cost for one visit is 60. 10 collections = 10 x 60 = 600 energy.
Santa's Spectacles (Santa Doll Collection) - found in Louisiana. Energy cost for one visit is 150. 10 collections = 10 x 150 = 1500.
Total energy cost is 2,100. Add in extra energy, just in case the collectibles do NOT drop. I estimate I will need about 2500 energy to complete the quest. REMEMBER you will lose the quest when you exit the game or collect reward.

Edited on 12/19/2017 at 4:36:32 PM PST

GoodOldBob
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by GoodOldBob on Dec 19, 17 1:27 PM
Thanks for the daily updates.

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Dec 19, 17 4:26 PM
Apologies. I did not make it back to do Day 4. Feeling a bit better today but I did sleep right through until 8.00am my time. By the time I did the Event quests - remember it is Day 5 today and you MUST KEEP THE QUESTS OPEN until you have all the LIMITED collectibles you want - so I am late with my report. I did Day 4 & Day 5 together. I have edited Day 4 to reflect what happened in my game. Below is my report for Day 5.

All the best with the Event.

Dot

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Dec 19, 17 5:09 PM
The day has not gone as planned. I was late starting & the limited collectible of Klaus' Diary did not drop very often. So here is my report - late but finally here.

Day 5. Tuesday 19 December, 2017.

Q.8.
- Find the Toy Blueprint.
- Find Klaus' Diary

The Toy Blueprint was in the Carnival, Salina, Kansas.
I am guru level in this location. Initially I was in picky shopper mode. There were 3 collectibles on the reward bar - Jack's Hoodie; Pillar O'Winter & the Toy Blueprint. I did the HOS. All 3 collectibles dropped. Then the game bought me back to the Breezy Bay area. Instead of clicking on the Event icon, I went back & repeated the Carnival HOS. I did this until I had 10 Toy Blueprints (because I have decided to do 10 complete collections this Event). Not all 3 collectibles dropped each time - Toy Blueprint did not drop twice so I ended up doing the HOS 12 times. Jack's Hoodie dropped each time I did the HOS but the Pillar O'Winter did not. It failed to drop 2 /12 times. When I was satisfied that I had collected 10 of the Toy Blueprint (checked the Elf Figurine Collection), I clicked on the Event icon (swirling snowflake).

I clicked on the go button for part 2 of today's quest. I found Klaus' Diary in the Junkyard, Columbia, Missouri.
I am guru level here and I was initially in Fast Shopper mode. There were 3 collectibles on the reward bar - Milk and Cookies; Ghostly Trail of Santa and Klaus' Diary. I did the HOS. Only the Milk & Cookies dropped. The game took me back to Breezy Bay so I did the HOS again. This time all 3 collectibles dropped. The game took me back to the Event icon & the quest. I did NOT collect the reward. Instead I used the arrow on the Next Quest button to exit the quest box. It took me back to the Breezy Bay area. From here I repeated the HOS. Several times Klaus' Diary did not fall. Variable results with the other 2 collectibles as well. Once I had 5 Klaus' Diary, I gave up on doing anymore of this HOS so will only be doing 5 complete Aurora Se*tant collections.
I returned to the quest box & collected my reward. The icon disappeared.

I then checked the Junkyard and the Carnival. The limited collectible in each location had disappeared from the reward bar.

Give yourself plenty of time today and have lots of Energy in reserve.

Dot

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Dec 19, 17 5:15 PM
Repeating the Heads-up for Day 6: There are 3 LIMITED Collectibles to be collected.

Jack's Pendant (Jack Frost's Figurine Collection) - found Park Ranger mini game 18b. Requires 18 tweezers per go. 10 collections = 180 tweezers.
Elf Recruitment Poster (Elf Figurine Collection) - found in South Dakota. Energy cost for one visit is 60. 10 collections = 10 x 60 = 600 energy.
Santa's Spectacles (Santa Doll Collection) - found in Louisiana. Energy cost for one visit is 150. 10 collections = 10 x 150 = 1500.

Total energy cost is 2,100. Add in extra energy, just in case the collectibles do NOT drop. I estimate I will need about 2500 energy to complete the quest. REMEMBER you will lose the quest when you exit the game or collect reward.

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Dec 20, 17 7:12 AM
Busy day today! 3 limited collectibles to find and if you are working on doing multiples of a collection, you have to do the mini game/ HOS more than once. Good luck.

Day 6. Wednesday 20 December 2017.

Q. 9.
- Find Jack's Pendant.
- Find the Elf Recruitment Poster.
- Find the Santa's Spectacles.

I found Jack's Pendant at the Park Ranger's Office in mini game 18b - Snowflakes. I did the mini game 10 times as I am working on completing 10 collections. Each go cost 18 tweezers. Total cost = 180 tweezers. The mini game dropped Jack's Pendant, 2 x Milk and Cookies & 2 x Elf Boots each time I played it. I did find that some of the snowflakes in the mini game are difficult to click on.

I returned to the Christmas quest box. Jack's Pendant was ticked so I pressed the 'Go' on the Elf Recruitment Poster. I found the poster in the Doll Shop, Rapid City, South Dakota. I am at guru level at this site. I was in picky shopper mode initially. When I completed the HOS, the game returned me to Breezy Bay so I just kept going back to South Dakota until I had 10 Elf Recruitment Posters. On the reward bar, there was 3 collectibles - the Elf Recruitment Poster, Santa's Shaving Kit and the Tome of Naughty & Nice. Each time I did the HOS the Elf Recruitment Poster dropped. I found that 2 times the Tome of Naughty & Nice did NOT drop while Santa's Shaving Kit failed to drop on three turns.

I returned to the Christmas quest box. Two items were now ticked so I pressed the "Go" button for the Santa's Spectacles. I found them in the Candy Shop, Shreveport, Louisiana. I am at guru level here. Initially I was in picky shopper mode. On the reward bar, there was 2 collectibles - Santa's Spectacles & the Milk and Cookies. When I completed the HOS the first time, the game took me back to the Christmas quest box. I did not collect the reward. I pressed the arrow on the 'Next Quest' button & it took me to the daily quest (which was my next quest). I "X"ed out of the daily quest box, back to Breezy Bay. From here I kept returning to Louisiana until I had 10 Santa's Spectacles. The Spectacles dropped each time I played the HOS. The Milk and Cookies failed to drop on 2 turns.

continued next post.

Edited on 12/20/2017 at 7:17:13 AM PST

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Dec 20, 17 7:22 AM
continuing Day 6 report:

I returned to the Christmas quest box. All 3 items were ticked. I collected the reward. The snowflake icon disappeared. I checked South Dakota and Louisiana. The limited collectibles had disappeared from the reward bar.

NOTE: I turned in 4 completed Aurora S**tant Collections and was credited with completing ALL Christmas Collectibles.. So it appears that ANY 4 collections will get this achievement done. Worth noting if you miss out on one of the limited collectibles and can't complete that collection. I got the reward of 40 gold

Have a good day.

Dot

Heads-up for Day 7. Another Limited collectible - the Elf Lunchbox. It is in Ohio. Cost is 80 energy for each visit. So for my 10 collections, I will need 800 energy. PLUS we are asked to visit the Oldstein Bank & Christmas Alley. That is another 160 energy. I will have 1200 energy available, just in case the collectible does not drop each time.

[Post New]by Pietjes on Dec 21, 17 4:20 AM
Hi, does anyone know how to break the piggybank? I'm playing this game for a lot of time now and still the extra games in the bank and Christmas alley are closed! Please help.

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Dec 21, 17 5:43 AM
As reported above in the Day 2 report:

The mini scenes at the Oldstein Bank & Christmas Alley do NOT open with this Event. As the developers are no longer working on ART, they will not be opened at all.

Dot

PS: The mini scenes include the piggy bank.

Edited on 12/21/2017 at 5:44:56 AM PST

Go to: