sir_vival
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

Supporting RoM forum

[Post New]by sir_vival on Dec 1, 17 4:35 AM
Supporting RoM forum
I remember the time, when no more senseful Url's have been allowed, i.e. RoM Wiki
One of your arguments: Unsafe page, protection of our users.
As of the progress of Internet, this makes sense.

It doesn't make sense to support players and an offered forum for them, when more than the 1st page is filled with not game related threads - for hours - blocked with Urls.
- prevents use by us, is deterrent and daunting

What do you really do, to prevent us for unsafe threads?

[Removed by Moderator]

Sorry Mods, I know you only have to work down your daily tasklists, you're not the decision makers.
Sorry, you'll have to do with critics - [Removed by Moderator]

Keep cool, enjoy your day
Sir Vival

Edited on 12/01/2017 at 10:00:36 AM PST

Cyberfox277
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

Re:Supporting RoM forum

[Post New]by Cyberfox277 on Dec 1, 17 5:31 AM
Or do something like FB, when we report someone that post doesn't show up anymore, it's gone from your newsfeed. The least they could do was to allow us to block someone's posts, just tried it, but we can't

I wonder why spammers even try to post something in here, I'm guessing 5 views 5 reports LOL No one in their right mind would use those links anyway

aurendel01
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

[Post New]by aurendel01 on Dec 1, 17 6:23 AM
Yeah, I go to the spam posts and report them, never click the links.

Did you notice that today's spambot seemed to link to archive of our own ?

That's a fanfic archive that doesn't have bootleg copies of movies & tv series. So the links themselves are fraudulent, just like those irritating phone calls that spoof a phone number similar to ones you know.

NEVER click spam links!

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Dec 1, 17 10:14 AM
Hello Everyone,

We definitely understand the impact spam can have on utilizing our forums. The appearance of these posts is a nuisance and inconvenience to all involved, Forums users and Moderators alike. This is why the Forum Moderation Team makes it a high priority to remove these manually, daily, as one of our tasks, as quickly as we can. We know that these posts can fill up the forums, which is why we ask players to not add to that workload by discussing them or creating new threads regarding spam. This only adds to the workload and slows down this process. it is also a violation of our Forum Rules, specifically the following:

Do not respond to or comment on posts or discussions that break the rules. Report the post or discussion to a moderator. Contributing, even to mention that something breaks the rules, keeps that discussion visible and aggravates the problem.

I also want to remind all of our players to be aware of and to follow this rule while posting:

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

I apologize that this can occur because it does impact our player's ability to use the forums and can unfairly impact players in other time zones due to when these posts tend to occur. To try to assist with this, we've not only asked players to not add to the issue by discussing spam posts and creating new posts about them, but to contact moderators directly for spam that seems to have been missed as well as our team continuing to request updates to our forum's automated filters and safeguards. Also, as previously mentioned, it is one of our top priorities as a team to manually remove these posts from the forums and take appropriate action as soon as possible. For further information regarding this persistent issue in our forums, please see our announcement on this persistent issue below:

An important announcement regarding spam posts - December 1, 2017

Edited on 12/01/2017 at 10:54:32 AM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Dec 1, 17 10:14 AM
Furthermore, I'm happy to say that one of the ongoing changes on our website is an update to our website infrastructure to support https, including the forums. Right now, our main page has this update, but the forums site is still being worked on to have this ability. While I do not know when this change may occur, I do know this is something that is being done to aid in protecting our players while visiting and using our websites.

Since this thread is discussing spam posts or is otherwise breaching the rules, I am locking this thread. Players are encouraged to please either use the "Report" button that can be found on posts represented as a downward pointing triangle with an exclamation point inside of it, or by privately messaging moderators directly with details of the post or posts instead of creating new threads regarding spam posts. Remember that while we do our best to remove these quickly, being human, there can be times when posts slip past us. We appreciate players taking the time to keep our forums accessible and inform us of any posts that seem to have slipped by.

Thank you for your understanding and patience as we combat the persistent spam issue that our forums are encountering currently. We continue to request updates to our automated filters and guards so that we can maintain the forums as best we can given these limitations. Thank you for your time, and don't hesitate to PM any of our active Moderators, with reports of posts, concerns, or questions. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 12/01/2017 at 10:48:16 AM PST

Go to: