BooBoo9339
Herring
Herring
323 Posts

Private room butterflies

[Post New]by BooBoo9339 on Dec 1, 17 10:31 AM
Is it me or have the little butterflies gotten really stingy? I used to get at least a shard when I would visit my own room and usually a shard from a friends room but the last few months there are many visits that I get nothing at all. I only visit them once or maybe twice a day. Anyone else see a drop in their goody getting?

It also seems that the puzzles are getting harder and harder and I wonder if it is really a 50/50 chance or if maybe the odds are a bit in the "houses' favor".

Any thoughts?

Looking forward to seasonal event!

Boo

joylight57
Guppy
Guppy
183 Posts

Re:Private room butterflies

[Post New]by joylight57 on Dec 1, 17 10:43 AM
Hi Boo! The room has always been a bit of a hit or miss for me but I find if I can hit close to the head of the butterfly.... it might give a shard!

BooBoo9339
Herring
Herring
323 Posts

[Post New]by BooBoo9339 on Dec 2, 17 8:37 AM
I'll give that a try and thank you!

Boo

Love_rnr
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by Love_rnr on Dec 2, 17 6:45 PM
I have noticed lately I don’t get as many shards as usual, I thought it was just me.

And, I don’t play the puzzles unless I am in desperate need of gems.

Paula

MiniCleo
Herring
Herring
330 Posts

[Post New]by MiniCleo on Dec 3, 17 1:26 AM
I try to catch all 3 and sometimes I get a shard and sometimes I don't. I honestly don't if the ratio has changed.I like to get a shard from the butterfly's in the hope that the two free boxes WON'T be shards, but a prize I want. Like money or pet food.I open the two free boxes and hope against shards then.

If I choose to spend 3 diamonds on a box, then I REALLY don't want a shard!

unofrio
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
412 Posts

[Post New]by unofrio on Dec 3, 17 8:10 AM
Don't know about the butterflies. I got too bored with them long ago to keep playing. At best you only get 6 shards. You do sometimes get a diamond from the gift box though.

As for puzzles, no, I can testify that the odds of getting are still good. I only play for diamonds. There's a possible 70 diamonds if you get them all now that there's 14 puzzles. This actually happened to me once when there were 12 instead of 14 puzzles but just the last four puzzle rounds played I got 60, 60, 65 and 55 diamonds so I'd say I got better than 50/50. I rarely get less than 40 diamonds from a round which is still more than half possible but the other day I busted with only 30 so I'm guessing the luck on them is just random.

Look at it this way: whatever you get is diamonds you wouldn't otherwise have. I think that sweet boy is marvelously generous. Even if I only got 5 from a round, it'd be 5 I didn't have though, if I'm honest, I'd soon quit playing them if I usually only got 5 or 10 a round. Wouldn't be worth the time sink.

I hope your luck improves soon. Keep trying and it probably will.

D-NY

Howdah
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Howdah on Dec 3, 17 10:07 AM
Since the puzzles kick you out after completing them, I go to private rooms between puzzles. I don't remember it otherwise. I seem to get one to three shards each time between my room and a friends. I never pay for a chest on purpose, but do so accidentally from time to time.

I am trying for 75 diamonds twice a day from puzzles and when I hit that I stop. I almost never get anything except diamonds anymore, but that sneaky boy did give me all three gifts yesterday. It is probably at least six weeks since he has done that. The odds on puzzles are very strongly in favor of the house.

unofrio
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
412 Posts

[Post New]by unofrio on Dec 4, 17 6:34 AM
Am I the only one that's lucky on the puzzles? I get more than 50% almost always and I'd call that the odds stacked in my favor, not the houses. It is rare that I get less than 40 from a puzzle round on both PC and Android. I think it was wonderfully generous of the devs to add this feature.

D-NY

Go to: