sadie700
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,206 Posts

Disgusting!!

[Post New]by sadie700 on Dec 1, 17 2:45 PM
Someone in the game is not thinking about others. I can not play this game anymore with a person whose game name is [Removed by Moderator]. I left the space on purpose but you can fill it in with a u. I brought this to the attention of a mod many weeks ago, but saw it again today. This is supposed to be a family game??????

Edited on 12/01/2017 at 3:18:07 PM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Re:Disgusting!!

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 1, 17 3:22 PM
Hello sadie700,

I absolutely understand feeling disgust over encountering an obscene username in a family friendly game. The Moderation Team and the Sunken Secrets Support Team isn't able to edit players' usernames in Sunken Secrets. I apologize that we're not able to do more to change this username.

Before swimming away, I do want to briefly remind everyone of the Forum Rules. Specifically:

Keep posts family-friendly. Posts that contain defamatory, explicit, obscene, threatening, or offensive content will be removed.

Obscene language will be removed, even if it's censored. Players of all ages visit the forums, and this rule ensures that everyone will find a safe, comfortable environment. Thank you so much for your help with this, and please PM me or another moderator if there are any questions or concerns. We'll be happy to help.

bfgBeruna

AlexRaluca
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,172 Posts

[Post New]by AlexRaluca on Dec 2, 17 6:05 AM
In any game there are more players compared to the ones that are present on the forum for that game
So those names that can't be removed are more visible than the ones that can be

The developers need to find a solution because players of all ages will see that obscene name when the player will achieve something (through the in game announcements) or they might be followed by that players

That makes the game non family - friendly.

Any player can choose to not visit the forum if it isn't family - friendly. But we don't have a choice of not getting those announcements or not being followed

What is the use of a family - friendly forum if it is for a game that can be sometimes non family - friendly ?

Inappropriate username have been reported before and so far the only reaction was cleaning up the forum

Edited on 12/02/2017 at 6:07:41 AM PST

AlexRaluca
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,172 Posts

[Post New]by AlexRaluca on Dec 2, 17 6:18 AM
And, off course, if you're followed by someone with a obscene name, you will see that name in the announcements every time the player will add something for sale on his market
That player has decided to make you his victim and there's nothing you can do except stop playing.
Or maybe you will get some help to restart the game

[Post New]by PatMcc61 on Dec 3, 17 10:14 AM
I’ve come across 3 foul names and just shake my head at the immaturity of these players.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Dec 3, 17 10:52 AM
People use those names because they think it is funny and to draw attention to themselves so the best thing to do is to shake your head and just ignore it. It is a sad thing that they won't put the effort in to changing the programing in the game so they can get in there and fix the problem, it has created a big double standard.

verekaren
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by verekaren on Dec 3, 17 1:58 PM

I absolutely understand feeling disgust over encountering an obscene username in a family friendly game. The Moderation Team and the <a href="https://sunkensecrets.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002370008">Sunken Secrets Support Team</a> isn't able to edit players' usernames in Sunken Secrets. I apologize that we're not able to do more to change this username.

Before swimming away, I do want to briefly remind everyone of the <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/faqs/list.page">Forum Rules</a>. Specifically:

Keep posts family-friendly. Posts that contain defamatory, explicit, obscene, threatening, or offensive content will be removed.
"

sounds a little apathetic to me. if you can remove the posts, why not the player? make new rules with consequences.

Linalie
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by Linalie on Dec 4, 17 7:54 AM
@verekaren - you can't blame game issues on the forum moderators...totally different group of people. The forum mods are just trying to uphold the forum rules. It is up to the game developer to fix their end of this issue.

verekaren
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by verekaren on Dec 5, 17 11:15 AM
Linalie wrote:@verekaren - you can't blame game issues on the forum moderators...totally different group of people. The forum mods are just trying to uphold the forum rules. It is up to the game developer to fix their end of this issue.[/quote

hi,
the moderators represent and express the rules of BFG and the developers. I am expressing my views on their policies in hopes of influencing them.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Dec 7, 17 11:12 AM
Hello verekaren,

It sounds like there is some concern about this report not being handled in an appropriate manner. I'd like to clarify a little bit about why moderators in the forums need to pass this to the appropriate teams rather than directly taking action.

You can be assured that if the Forum Moderation Team was equipped with the tools necessary to assist with moderating in-game usernames, we'd have taken the appropriate actions. We do our best to do this in our forums, where we do have the tools and capability to take the appropriate actions. However, as we do not have this access nor the tools necessary in the game proper, we must pass along these reports to the appropriate teams who are equipped with those tools and capabilities.

Thank you for understanding that moderators are unable to directly handle this sort of request, as the forums are not set up with those tools or capabilities.

Since this specific thread seems to be discussing reports of a private nature better handled by other teams, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread and request that future reports of this nature be provided to one of our active Moderators, who will ensure it is provided to the appropriate teams for their follow up.

bfgIlinalta

Go to: