an81angel
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

2% Download Glitch ???

[Post New]by an81angel on Oct 23, 08 11:16 AM
Okay, so I thought I'd try the demo, but when I went to download the game it got stuck in a sort of loop-cycle thing.

When I first started to download a message popped up saying how long it might take to download for different connection speeds, then it asks if you want to continue w/ the download. Since my connection is pretty fast, I said yes. The download continued, and got as far as 2% ... then the download percentage changed to this "< 1%" ... from here is went back to 0% - 1% - 2% - <1% ... it repeated this cycle about 5 times before the game manager canceled the download itself w/ the message "download interupted". I started the download again, because that usually works ... it didn't ... the cycle thing started up again.

Anyone else having this same issue???

Myriade99
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

Re:2% Download Glitch ???

[Post New]by Myriade99 on Oct 23, 08 11:18 AM
Yes, I was just trying to download and I'm having exactly the same proble. I'm tryng Dr. Lynch right now and it works so the problem seems to be with Mystery Island

an81angel
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by an81angel on Oct 23, 08 11:24 AM
I just noticed that during the download ... the section that shows how many MB have been downloaded vs. how many MB are left to download ... changes to "validating..." for about half a second then it goes back to the MB ratio.

I clicked on the question mark next to the trashcan icon and I got an error message ...

Installation Error. The download installation file is not valid and could not be run. (771)

... do you get this too???

*** EDIT *** It's actually KB not MB, just went to try again and realized I typed in wrong here, and I just want to be as clear as possible for BFG.

Edited on 10/23/2008 at 11:48:05 AM PST

Myriade99
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by Myriade99 on Oct 23, 08 11:31 AM
Yes I just tried clicking on the question mark and I get the same message.

an81angel
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by an81angel on Oct 23, 08 11:34 AM
Well, since there are two w/ the exact same thing, there are going to be others. I'll send a note to customer service and see what they have to say. It may take a day or two to hear back. I'll let you know what I find out.

[Post New]by carolthescot on Oct 23, 08 11:37 AM
No luck here either

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Oct 23, 08 11:50 AM
I am having the same problem. Interesting issue since yesterday (I think) it said there was no demo version available and you had to buy the full version. I originally got it from another site where I played for 60 minutes, and had been waiting for it to show up here. So I know it did previously have the demo capability. I wonder if that has something to do with this issue? Oh well, as long as they can get it fixed :-)

Debala715
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Debala715 on Oct 23, 08 12:34 PM
This is the response I got when I asked about this issue in a customer service chat session.

Yes, Deborah that sure is a known issue and I do apologize about the trouble. The 771 error you're seeing there indicates that you are being re-routed to our back-up server for the game, and either that server is overloaded as well right now, or a firewall in your network may be preventing the delivery of files on that particular sever. Again, sorry about this, it's a bandwidth issue and you should be able to successfully download that game after the demand slows down a little.

[Post New]by password55 on Oct 23, 08 12:36 PM
i went to down load and it would not let me i buy it first with out playing it first well theg fix this

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Oct 23, 08 12:45 PM
Hi Everyone,

We're still looking into this error. We should get it fixed very soon. Thanks!

bfgErie

[Post New]by LVB410 on Oct 23, 08 1:01 PM
I had the same problem then I ran ccleaner and it downloaded fine. possibly because leftover files from that other site? I don't know but it worked for me.

bfgBering
Clownfish
Clownfish
851 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBering on Oct 23, 08 1:29 PM
Hullo Fishies!

Wanted to let you know we have just put up a new build that addresses this issue. Please let us know if you run into any further issues.

Happy gaming !

Edited on 10/23/2008 at 1:55:48 PM PST

sunny64
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by sunny64 on Oct 23, 08 2:54 PM
I just downloaded after the game fix was posted. No problem with the download and no glitches after over an hour of play.

Debala715
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Debala715 on Oct 23, 08 3:24 PM
Well, I'm now downloading the game and I've gotten past that 2% glitch! Thank you BFG!

an81angel
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by an81angel on Oct 23, 08 3:46 PM
Well, I just got home, and checked the board here to see what progress had been made, and I was very happy to see that the problem was fixed. I downloaded the game in less than 5 minutes. Thank you very much BFG for fixing this quickly.

Go to: