Hamlet

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Hamlet

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 12, 10 12:05 AM
Mayhem and hilarity ensue when a scientist travels back in time and gets mixed up with characters from William Shakespeare's play, Hamlet! Guide the man from the future as he embarks on a mind-bending mission to save Hamlet's girlfriend, Ophelia, from the clutches of the evil Claudius. Solve a variety of cunning puzzles and advance from one sidesplitting scene to the next as you defeat bosses and overcome mental obstacles in this fun Adventure game.

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

Re:Hamlet

[Post New]by Fransje66 on May 12, 10 12:14 AM

Very interesting puzzeler (tried it at the creators site), not so easy though.

johnski
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by johnski on May 12, 10 12:16 AM
I have been buying games off of sites like BF as far back a 2004 and this looks like just about one of the stupidest games ever. What were they thinking when they released this game. It does not belong here it belongs on some kids game site. Not even going to bother downloading this stupid looking game. Come on Big Fish give us some good games for a change.

Misty40
Clownfish
Clownfish
923 Posts

[Post New]by Misty40 on May 12, 10 12:20 AM
If I'm not mistaken this is not a "new" game. It's been out for a while. However, I thought it was a RPG. I wish BFG had more of those.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on May 12, 10 12:21 AM
unless you like impossably quick clicking you will NOT like this game. about halfway thru right before a boss battle is a minigame where you have to click on notes till you click on 5..the amount of time to click is way to fast and very unforgiving .if you miss you have to start minigame over. it is not skippable...it was a good game up to that point. if you dont like this type of minigame, b4 you buy go to gz and read the forum,s about this game to see what i mean...

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on May 12, 10 12:24 AM
johnski wrote:I have been buying games off of sites like BF as far back a 2004 and this looks like just about one of the stupidest games ever. What were they thinking when they released this game. It does not belong here it belongs on some kids game site. Not even going to bother downloading this stupid looking game. Come on Big Fish give us some good games for a change.

it was actually quite good and challenging up to the minigame i mentioned in my other post.....if they had kept it with puzzles and adventure i would get it....i cant believe they left the stupid minis in there with no skip option.

bansama
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by bansama on May 12, 10 12:30 AM
Misty40 wrote:If I'm not mistaken this is not a "new" game. It's been out for a while. However, I thought it was a RPG. I wish BFG had more of those.

This game was apparently released in early April on the developer's site. And is still a pre-order on some digital distribution sites. So it is still a fairly new game.

According to one fairly well known UK PC gaming blog, it's fairly interesting title but some of the puzzles don't make sense. They suggest that with a better hint system and more polished puzzles, this would be a fairly nice gem of a game. It's certainly got some nice visuals. It seems to me that this game is not really "casual" material so it'll probably infuriate some people.

I'll give the demo a try, but I expect I too won't like it.

2easy
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by 2easy on May 12, 10 12:34 AM
Why does the cursor freeze in good games but when a stupid game is downloaded it doesnt??

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on May 12, 10 12:47 AM
I really like this game! But then, I am partial to adventure games, which it is. Yes, there are some fiendish puzzles, but still a great game.

NouniSmile
Koi
Koi
281,317 Posts

[Post New]by NouniSmile on May 12, 10 1:07 AM

Nouni

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on May 12, 10 1:16 AM
Hi, Bella Nice to see and hear from you !! I appreciate these kiddie games, I am able to purchase games not just for myself but for my children as well. I love the variety Big Fish offers. My son was zooming right through it and then got bored. There may be some fishies that may like these games, I say to that....Happy Gaming!!

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on May 12, 10 1:21 AM
it's a tough little game lol. i have had to look at walkthrough several times, even at the beginning i was playing with everything i could except for the clouds lol. it is not too bad, will make your brain think, i like these cartoony type games and i am starting to get into adventure games so this is right up my alley. i will definitely be buying this game

graphics are good, sounds from they game are exactly what you would think they should be like the birds and so forth.

will give this game 3 1/2 out of 5

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on May 12, 10 1:27 AM
This is a cute and fun game with some really good puzzles however it is not for me due to the fast reflex puzzles and I am also deterred from all the reports of the short length of game.

I do like everything else about the game and wish it was all just "complete in your own time" logic puzzles and a bit longer

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on May 12, 10 1:33 AM
I think it's cute and fun too, but I've given up - can't do the fishing quickly enough!

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on May 12, 10 1:45 AM
Aaaaggghhh

tedderpic
Flounder
Flounder
2,029 Posts

[Post New]by tedderpic on May 12, 10 2:31 AM
Not on my buy list...awaiting for something good ...I hope soon...

[Post New]by mblen3 on May 12, 10 2:32 AM
Hi everyone, i'm confused. How do i restart a level without coming completely out of the game. When i press esc the game ends and i have to restart the game again. I have not been playing long but it's a chore to have to keep stoping and starting when i realise what i need to do.

Can anyone help

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on May 12, 10 2:54 AM
I admire you people who got to the 'minigames'.....at the end of my demo, I had walked that fisherman out so many times, there was a rut in the rug! ha ha !!
I do like games that don't take themselves so seriously, and have a sense of quirky humor like this one. This had tricky little sequences to figure out to push the story along....I ended up using a hint for each one. You can almost see what needs to be done, but , of course, getting things in the right order is difficult.
It has a cute cartoon style, but getting stuck on an action, and having it repeat and repeat and repeat can make you tear your hair out.
Is it difficult, or is it challenging? I'll say challenging for now. I would give it 3 and 1/2 stars for amusing, unique, and the challenging thing.
(You don't want to know how long I kept pushing that green button before I decided there was something else I had to do !!! Duh !!!)

tribrach
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by tribrach on May 12, 10 3:11 AM
O.k. yes I did like (& bought) the quirky humor of Samorest & I didn't find the fishing mini-game too hard....BUT.....ahhhh! then I got to the guitar mini-game & that's where I stopped patting myself on the back for being so logical
Logic had nothing to do with it..I even got to the last 5 note sequence "*******"
How cruel to make me start all over again...no way, I've wasted too much time on the illogical "note bashing"
Think I need a game of Solitaire to bring down the blood pressure

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on May 12, 10 4:04 AM
I found the style of the artwork irritating in the extreme, and having to wait for WAY too long to get a cursor back after doing an action was not helpful. As a bonus, my computer froze when trying to minimize the game. A definite NO for me.

Go to: