Note to the devs.

[Post New]by Torgul on Dec 2, 17 8:32 PM
Hi Devs,

I think your game is quite good with lots of content; however, it is quite greedy imho.

You barely get any gold, and the cost for boosts is quite high. When this is combined with the three life limit you have to shut the game off quite frequently. I am not bad at these types of games. The way it is right now I would have to spend a significant amount of money to play continuously.

Its a match three game. It seems to me that paying in ~ 20$ would be about right give or take to be able to continuously play but the way it is right now it seems that either you massively grind or be willing to dump hundreds of dollars into the game over time. To me this is excessive.

I read there used to be events that mitigated this somewhat but I guess thats no longer being done?

So I think you guys did a great job on the game but in its current state is quite greedy if a player wants to play continuously for long periods of time.

Thanks,

T

Edited on 12/02/2017 at 8:35:07 PM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Re:Note to the devs.

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 7, 17 12:59 PM
Hello Torgul,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this nuanced feedback. The Moderation Team doesn't have influence over changes made to the game, but we're always glad to have a chance to advocate for players by passing their ideas along. I absolutely understand wanting to make sure the game can be played for a long period of time without constantly needing to invest in it, and I'll make sure the developers hear this.

Please have an excellent rest of your week. If any questions or concerns arise, don't hesitate to PM me or one of my fellow moderators. We'll be waiting here to help.

bfgBeruna

Note to the devs.

[Post New]by jabase on Dec 27, 17 6:17 PM
Torgul wrote:Hi Devs,

I think your game is quite good with lots of content; however, it is quite greedy imho.

You barely get any gold, and the cost for boosts is quite high. When this is combined with the three life limit you have to shut the game off quite frequently. I am not bad at these types of games. The way it is right now I would have to spend a significant amount of money to play continuously.

Its a match three game. It seems to me that paying in ~ 20$ would be about right give or take to be able to continuously play but the way it is right now it seems that either you massively grind or be willing to dump hundreds of dollars into the game over time. To me this is excessive.

I read there used to be events that mitigated this somewhat but I guess thats no longer being done?

So I think you guys did a great job on the game but in its current state is quite greedy if a player wants to play continuously for long periods of time.

Thanks,

T

I too agree with this opinion with the exception of the term "greedy". As a businessman, I see the model behind what they are trying to accomplish. As a player, the reduction or removal of payouts and bonuses that were once incorporated into the game does give one the impression that the devs do not have the best interest of the BF members and players at heart. Should I be paying for the availability to play this game? Absolutely, but at what point does it become excessive? I can see trends in this game as it has evolved that leans to a higher level of difficulty to finish levels without relying on using boosts or obtaining additional turns. The amount of coins you receive for selling fireflies has been severely diminished . The gold mine in the 2nd world used to pay up to 45 coins.Now it only pays a maximum of 15. Just give us players a chance to PLAY the game and have some enjoyment. Now I see myself playing 3 and out, with an occasion time that I MAY buy more coins. However, my willingness to buy into to this game is becoming increasingly commensurate with what the game gives back to me. This game needs to have or relinquish some reciprocal returns to the player.

Edited on 12/27/2017 at 6:18:58 PM PST

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Dec 29, 17 10:27 PM
Great game originally.

I'm now on my slow 6th time through early levels because of my personal computer various destructs. I have never spent a cent of real dollars on this game - that to me is the challenge here.

In this present game environment would I open my wallet to fund the ridiculous, neigh to impossible rewards and boards presented now?

Not likely. I have earned and kept 16,000 coin so far in my 6th trip through (Woodands again currently). But I am, by training, a Mathematician, so I can readily see patterns and calculate probabilities of my move or a lucky drop on the fly.

For anyone who chanced upon this game as a pleasant fun game, who might be happy to spend a few real dollars advancing through the Worlds - forget about it..

Better to spend your money elsewhere.

Cheers

LynnNfld
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by LynnNfld on Dec 30, 17 9:22 AM
I also have lost a lot of the enjoyment the game had for me. The coin you could get daily was a way to help you progress through the levels. Now it's just frustrating. I have bought coin on occasion, because I feel it fair to support the game. But I won't support a game that has tipped the balance so much in their direction. Even the Xmas event seemed geared to make the player pay. Very small payouts for around 90 levels. That should have been a way for BFG to thank the players with more generous prizes. Just my opinion, but again, the game was fun. Not so much, now.

Playing the game

[Post New]by gizmogamers on Jan 6, 18 8:57 AM
This game is fun. Why make the game so hard to play that isn't. The level i'm on now is hard to do because their are so many items one has to get before going to next tab. I've looked at the walkthrough and can't find any help there. I have found to click on to the character that is blocking the entrance and this has helped a lot to get to the next tab. Game are just that fun to play not make person so disgusted person has to stop playing. I will still play this game. I do not spend money that shouldn't be part of any game.. Just for fun is what games are for. The coins in 2nd place is changed to 15 was 45. Why the change?? Witchville??

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

Playing the game

[Post New]by gohill on Jan 9, 18 9:35 AM
gizmogamers wrote:This game is fun. Why make the game so hard to play that isn't. The level i'm on now is hard to do because their are so many items one has to get before going to next tab. I've looked at the walkthrough and can't find any help there. I have found to click on to the character that is blocking the entrance and this has helped a lot to get to the next tab. Game are just that fun to play not make person so disgusted person has to stop playing. I will still play this game. I do not spend money that shouldn't be part of any game.. Just for fun is what games are for. The coins in 2nd place is changed to 15 was 45. Why the change?? Witchville??

When I checked a couple of levels... my tier 2 still shows 30 coins, and my tier 3 still shows 60 coins.... I'm not showing any recent changes to the coin levels...

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

Playing the game

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Jan 9, 18 10:54 AM
gohill wrote:
gizmogamers wrote: The coins in 2nd place is changed to 15 was 45. Why the change?? Witchville??

When I checked a couple of levels... my tier 2 still shows 30 coins, and my tier 3 still shows 60 coins.... I'm not showing any recent changes to the coin levels...

I think the poster was referring to the mine in the 2nd world (witchville) and not specifically to a levels 2nd tier.

The mine in world 2, Witchville, did change from 45 coins to 15. Pretty lousy thing they did.

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

Playing the game

[Post New]by gohill on Jan 10, 18 6:32 AM
silver_hawk wrote:
gohill wrote:
gizmogamers wrote: The coins in 2nd place is changed to 15 was 45. Why the change?? Witchville??

I think the poster was referring to the mine in the 2nd world (witchville) and not specifically to a levels 2nd tier.

The mine in world 2, Witchville, did change from 45 coins to 15. Pretty lousy thing they did.

Ah... I see said the blind man....

[Post New]by Fred_just_Fred on Jan 10, 18 7:30 AM
Or.... I SEE said the blind man as he was on the high SEAS and took his hammer and SAW!

Edited on 01/10/2018 at 7:33:52 AM PST

Go to: