linda43416
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

wheel

[Post New]by linda43416 on Dec 3, 17 6:01 PM
I have a question? Since the new update, it seems to me that the wheel spins are giving many more losing spins! Maybe it's just me, was wondering if anyone else has thought the same thing. Used to get winners, coins, extra moves or extra moves for arena fairly often, not now! Hardly ever get anything, not even the few coins anymore! please share your wheel experiences, maybe I've just had a run of bad luck lately.

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

Re:wheel

[Post New]by Theorem on Dec 4, 17 12:15 AM
Same here. Before the update, the wheel was nice and generous, giving me coins most of the time in fact, but not only. Now, it's more like nothing most of the time and free moves once in a century.

Hard times in Sir-Match-a-Lot-Land!

Edited on 12/04/2017 at 12:15:24 AM PST

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Dec 4, 17 7:28 AM
The odds on my wheels seem to be the same as before the update.... I have 4 games where I play the arena everyday.... I typically have to spin the wheel at least once per day .... I did get a 50% strength in one and coins in another this morning... but, it's always been less than half the time for my games... more like 30% of the time....

It's more disappointing now not to get help because of the lack of coins, so I feel this lack of help much harder in my coin inventory.... I figure I'll keep playing the arena till I run out of coins and then I'll find something else to do....

I am guessing that the devs are depending on new players who don't know what they are missing.... If you've played from the beginning, we were frequently rewarded... with each new change, those rewards became fewer and fewer... The levels (as one would expect) became harder ... but, we also used to be rewarded with a LOT more fireflies... there was one level I could play where 500 fireflies was the norm and could even get close to 1.000 sometimes.... they CHANGED that level so that it is almost impossible to beat AND the reward of fireflies GREATLY decreased.... I used to play that level for the fun of it to see if I could break my record... NOT ANYMORE!!!!!..... I don't find any of the levels so much fun that I will go back to play them simply for the joy of playing them....

I think the devs need a refresher course in the psychology of games 101.... getting a hit of dopamine when rewarded... does that not ring a bell??? .. taking away the rewards takes away those dopamine hits .... and when players feel like the HAVE to spend money to get those rewards... here's the problem with this, they are NOT being rewarded by spending real money.... People will spend money on entertainment but they expect to be entertained.... when the amount of money spent does not equal the amount of enjoyment received... ummmm.... Houston, we've got a problem.... or more to the point: devs, YOU have a problem....

linda43416
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by linda43416 on Dec 4, 17 8:23 AM
Well said, gohill! Anyone listening, besides me?

[Post New]by Fred_just_Fred on Dec 4, 17 6:13 PM
gohill, think I'll nominate you for the philosophers Hall of Fame!!! You just said what everyone is thinking. Just hope that SOMEONE is paying attention. I award you a or or or maybe just a BIG pat on the back.

irishlavender
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by irishlavender on Dec 4, 17 7:35 PM
Hear, hear!!

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Dec 5, 17 4:28 PM
Most of the time I hardly get any reward from the wheel...at the most 5 moves when I am very far from completing the board so the moves are useless - unless I buy more lives. I can't help but wonder if the game is beginning to "phase out". I wouldn't mind spending some real money once in a while if the benefit actually helped progress but that hasn't happened.

Edited on 02/15/2018 at 2:53:51 AM PST

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Dec 5, 17 9:08 PM
You all are right (except you, on this occasion, gohill). The odds of winning on the crazy wheel has decreased dramatically over successive updates to the game. If you developers think for one moment that we don't notice this kind of insult to our intelligence, we do.

BF, we have long memories, many here lately aren't pleasant.

Just saying.

MaOsA
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by MaOsA on Dec 6, 17 6:41 AM
Please!! Where is that wheel ?

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Dec 6, 17 7:19 AM
When you lose a play you get the option of spinning the Crazy Wheel for a chance to get a prize that will allow you to continue (5 extra moves), a free life (to try again from the start), or coins, or get nothing at all.

The wheel is at the end of a play if you do not win the level.

MaOsA
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by MaOsA on Dec 6, 17 3:18 PM
Thank you Silverhawk

Go to: