rbsworld
Herring
Herring
317 Posts

Confused newbie ?

[Post New]by rbsworld on Dec 4, 17 4:57 AM
Ok, never thought I'd like a match 3 type game but I can't seem to put this game down.

I'm trying really hard to keep up with all that I need to do. I'm in Sydney, of course, and don't understand what pink gems are for. They obviously mean a great deal somewhere, but where? I feel like I made the wrong choice when building a brick resource mart instead of hats or gems. For future reference, do you have multiple marts in different cites? Are they at different output levels? Can you move resources in and out of cities? Gosh, writing this I realize I may be in over my head.

And I was really intrigued with the North Pole but many Tier 1 games are proving to be a mess for me because I don't have the game knowledge or correct booster yet. Do I continue or wait this Event out?

RBsMom (usually swimming in Midnight Castle)

Update bulletin:

I have copied/printed/read the FAQs and Tips and they have been most helpful!

I started playing just late Friday evening and I'm now up to level 75 in Sydney (all levels are tier 3) and by completing the marathon I was able to get through Santa's Bike Shop using the unlimited lives I won. I think that is pretty good for now. Some of Santa's Grotto is daunting because you really don't have the game play skill set needed to be successful immediately. The FAQs and Tips only go so far.
Thank you for welcoming me into your forum!

Edited on 12/05/2017 at 9:51:46 PM PST

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

Re:Confused newbie ?

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Dec 4, 17 5:15 AM
Welcome to the best game ever. You will get the hang of it as you go along, we all started with no idea of what it would be like, just like any game really. My best tip to you, as a newbie, is to firstly, go to the thread called 'tips and tricks for gummy drop' which you will find in the thread in the ones at the top of the home page of this forum which has helpful links for gummy drop. Check that out thoroughly, it will show screen shots of things you need to know, formations of moves, how boosts work, all that stuff and more. Its invaluable information and will REALLY help you know what to do. Also, yes, pink gems are needed, you will need them as you go along to build monuments (after every 10 levels in the game). In every city, about the first 40 levels are bricks, then blue hats are added in, further on, you need all 3, (bricks, blues and pinks). And building a resource mart with pinks was not a waste. But you do not HAVE to build every single one. Don't stress about it all, just chill, enjoy the game and keep an eye on this forum for loads of help and info, and always ask a question when you want to. Someone will always answer it, or you can search through the threads for help too.

[Post New]by globetrotter217 on Dec 4, 17 5:18 AM
Hi there, the easiest thing would be to click 'useful links for GD' in this forum and then open 'tips and tricks'. Lot of useful info!

Pink gems are a resource like bricks and hats that appear in the later levels of each city. You can ship out of any city where you have built a port to all cities that are open to you, but where you have not yet built all the monuments.

The resource marts in Sydney produce different quantities, in the other cities you can have just 3 in Tokyo and SF and 2 in all later cities that produce 12,000 pieces max. Opinions on what to produce vary, some people love to ship others prefer to play and pay for resources. But you can't change to another resource once you have built the firdt stage of a resource mart.

Edited on 12/04/2017 at 5:19:14 AM PST

Frans58
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Frans58 on Dec 4, 17 10:27 AM
Best is to mix resource types.
In Sydney (not Melbourne as I wrote before) my first two factories are blue gems, then one with pink gems, then 2 with bricks.

When you are selling on the resource mart often you need more bricks (that's why I put them last as the quantities are bigger).

And, once you finished Sydney and the factories you may want to upgrade the resource market so you get more offers.

As others suggested the introduction pages are a very good start.
If you are stuck at a level there is the city directory with hints.

And otherwise, don't hesitate to ask. We're a friendly bunch and we all had to learn the game at some point in time.

Edited on 12/05/2017 at 11:56:03 AM PST

[Post New]by globetrotter217 on Dec 4, 17 11:26 AM
Frans58 wrote:Best is to mix resource types.
In Melbourne my first two factories are blue gems, then one with pink gems, then 2 with bricks.

When you are selling on the resource mart often you need more bricks (that's why I put them last as the quantities are bigger).

And, once you finished Melbourne and the factories you may want to upgrade the resource market so you get more offers.

As others suggested the introduction pages are a very good start.
If you are stuck at a level there is the city directory with hints.

And otherwise, don't hesitate to ask. We're a friendly bunch and we all had to learn the game at some point in time.

I guess you mean Sydney, Melbourne is still to come...

Edited on 12/04/2017 at 11:28:19 AM PST

Frans58
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Frans58 on Dec 5, 17 11:55 AM
globetrotter217 wrote:
Frans58 wrote:

I guess you mean Sydney, Melbourne is still to come...

Yes of course.
Melbourne. Sydney. All far far away....
Will edit my post

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Dec 5, 17 2:42 PM
rbsworld, one tip for you, as you are still in Sydney, when you get to both Tokyo and San Francisco, those are the ONLY two cities that have three resource marts to build. After those, every city onwards only has two. So if you are going to build resource marts as you go along, best thing you can do is build one of EACH in Tokyo and SF, that way, you can reap all 3 resources to build up and use them to buy green gems when you have enough as you go along and if they give varying amounts of resources, use the highest for pinks, then blues, then bricks as bricks are easiest to earn by playing certain levels over and over. You will be glad you did it that way when you get further into the game. I find, that most cities end up having an abundance of bricks, and the others fall short, so to buy green gems using them, is a bit harder. Another option in Tokyo, is to play level 86 a few times over, its not hard once you know how (you will find heaps of help on that when you get to it), and it gets large amounts of bricks and blues, but no pinks, so if you wanted to play that every now and then, and build all 3 resource marts in pinks, that works too for some people. Maybe do a bit of research on here before you make a decision. There are various ways you can do it.

Edited on 12/07/2017 at 3:46:52 PM PST

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Dec 5, 17 4:49 PM
InTokyo I built 2 pink marts and one brown then play level 45 to get blues and browns. In San Fran I have one of each and after that it was a bit “hit and miss” but I suggest you look at the thread for “best levels to gain resources” which will give you an idea of where you can play some levels over and over to gain a particular resource easily - for example 18 in New York is brilliant for bricks so just build for hats and pinks there.

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Dec 6, 17 12:08 AM
If you've built resource marts it's worth going back to the cities on a regular basis to empty them. You will build up resources quite quickly that way for when you need to start shipping. The early resource marts fill up in 8 hours, later ones take longer (In Sydney)

Frans58
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Frans58 on Dec 7, 17 12:52 PM
OOo_jules_oOO wrote:Frans58, one tip for you, as you are still in Sydney, when you get to both Tokyo and San Francisco, those are the ONLY two cities that have three resource marts to build. After those, every city onwards only has two. So if you are going to build resource marts as you go along, best thing you can do is build one of EACH in Tokyo and SF, that way, you can reap all 3 resources to build up and use them to buy green gems when you have enough as you go along and if they give varying amounts of resources, use the highest for pinks, then blues, then bricks as bricks are easiest to earn by playing certain levels over and over. You will be glad you did it that way when you get further into the game. I find, that most cities end up having an abundance of bricks, and the others fall short, so to buy green gems using them, is a bit harder. Another option in Tokyo, is to play level 86 a few times over, its not hard once you know how (you will find heaps of help on that when you get to it), and it gets large amounts of bricks and blues, but no pinks, so if you wanted to play that every now and then, and build all 3 resource marts in pinks, that works too for some people. Maybe do a bit of research on here before you make a decision. There are various ways you can do it.

Guess this is for rbsworld, I'm at the end of Athens (currently working on getting all architect levels there)

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Dec 7, 17 3:47 PM
sorry, yes, you are right, I got mixed up who I was writing that for. have changed it on the post so if you want to tidy up this thread and delete the repeat post above, I will then delete this too as have fixed up my mistake. thanks for pointing that out. must have been too early in the morning when I wrote it.

Go to: