TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

Adding CE after your name

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Dec 5, 17 11:36 AM
There is only one name field, so adding CE after your name, or asking people to add it to their name so that you can find your event friends easily does not work.

Example:

I have 2 friends: Mary and Polly. They are my permanent friends. We exchange gifts regularly.

They show up in my list as

Mary
Polly

Mary and Polly decide to become event friends and add CE to their name.

Now they show up on MY list as:

Mary - CE
Polly - CE

even though they are permanent gifting friends.

You can NOT use the name field as a short cut to sort out your friends. Your temporary event friend is somebody else's permanent gift-exchanging friend.

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

Re:Adding CE after your name

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Dec 5, 17 11:57 AM
TiramaSue--Thank you so much for pointing this out! It seems doing that puts the onus on us to remember who our permanent friends are; fortunately, that's easy for me because all 164 of my friends are permanent. But, if some of them started putting CE after their names, I'd be wondering if they all of a sudden decided to be just CE friends!

So, unless they all post to the forum, which I don't think is the case, there'd be no way to verify the change in status with them!

Ada

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Dec 5, 17 12:22 PM
I did put CE after my name. Kind of like a signal to others that AFTER the CE is concluded and we go back to regular play it is alright to delete me as a regular friend.

I do have certain friends that I intend to keep on a permanent basis. I know who they are and if there is an accidental deletion I can contact them to re-friend if needed.

Right now I need all the friends I can get for the CE as I have loads of pink boxes to give out. If the new rooms have HOS then I want as many available private rooms as I can to play them. When the CE is over I'll need to pare down the friends list to a manageable gifting level.

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Dec 5, 17 12:35 PM
silver_hawk wrote:I did put CE after my name. Kind of like a signal to others that AFTER the CE is concluded and we go back to regular play it is alright to delete me as a regular friend.

I do have certain friends that I intend to keep on a permanent basis. I know who they are and if there is an accidental deletion I can contact them to re-friend if needed.

Right now I need all the friends I can get for the CE as I have loads of pink boxes to give out. If the new rooms have HOS then I want as many available private rooms as I can to play them. When the CE is over I'll need to pare down the friends list to a manageable gifting level.

Thanks for letting me know as you are one of my friends! If you need to pare down after the event and need to delete me, I understand. Otherwise, I'd like to stay friends if it works for you.

HennyMarie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,417 Posts

[Post New]by HennyMarie on Dec 5, 17 12:44 PM
How many friends do you have and how many ?

I do not have enough gifts to last me till christmas for my regular friends.. don’t need special friends to gift.

Czoe
Herring
Herring
334 Posts

[Post New]by Czoe on Dec 5, 17 12:46 PM
I totally understand silver_hawk's rational, and saw the CE behind her name with no worries. Since many of my friends still have their spring or regular room up, or their old Christmas room, I have posted that I would like CE friends who have the new room open, with a fairly good response. So, am still contemplating whether to put CE after my name.

Looking forward to what the new room will offer. Happy Holidays, all! (We need some winter emojis).

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Dec 5, 17 12:58 PM
Czoe wrote:I totally understand silver_hawk's rational, and saw the CE behind her name with no worries. Since many of my friends still have their spring or regular room up, or their old Christmas room, I have posted that I would like CE friends who have the new room open, with a fairly good response. So, am still contemplating whether to put CE after my name.

Looking forward to what the new room will offer. Happy Holidays, all! (We need some winter emojis).

I don't really care what people put or don't put after their names.

I'm just trying to point out that if somebody adds CE after their name, ALL their friends will see that CE, not just the newly added friends. I fail to see how that helps people.

Linalie
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by Linalie on Dec 5, 17 2:54 PM
I'm in total agreement with you TiramaSue....I've thought this since years ago when people started adding things to their names for holidays...it just added to my confusion for sure.

Scolon18
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by Scolon18 on Dec 5, 17 4:12 PM
HennyMarie wrote:How many friends do you have and how many ?

I do not have enough gifts to last me till christmas for my regular friends.. don’t need special friends to gift.

I have 158 friends,,probably 30 new ones for ce,,
and I have 1900 gift boxes,,,
not sure how many will be needed for event,,

[Post New]by rose2petal on Dec 5, 17 4:48 PM
I don't add CE after my name because I am old and confused LOLOLOLLOL!!!!!
I just have a CE list and at the end I take care of them.
That worked for me last year and I hope this year.
I would like to know why I am not getting any presents and if anyone else has that problem...

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Dec 5, 17 4:55 PM
rose2petal wrote:I don't add CE after my name because I am old and confused LOLOLOLLOL!!!!!
I just have a CE list and at the end I take care of them.
That worked for me last year and I hope this year.
I would like to know why I am not getting any presents and if anyone else has that problem...

You can neither receive nor give presents until the Winter Event begins.

kahlan11
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
466 Posts

[Post New]by kahlan11 on Dec 5, 17 10:31 PM
Adding CE (at least to me) means that you are only on my friends list until the event is over and then I can delete you. If any stay after the event I would be happy to have them as friends. IF there is no CE after their name not a big deal - I will keep them on my friends list until I hear otherwise.

We know the Event is coming so adding extra friends now is a good start! I don`t see adding CE now, later or not at all is such a big issue - just enjoying the latest update and anxiously waiting for the EVENT to start

HennyMarie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,417 Posts

[Post New]by HennyMarie on Dec 6, 17 12:20 AM
Scolon18 wrote:
HennyMarie wrote:How many friends do you have and how many ?

I have 158 friends,,probably 30 new ones for ce,,
and I have 1900 gift boxes,,,
not sure how many will be needed for event,,

You can put 1 gift under the tree for each friend every day.. lets just take for 30 days.
That is 188x30=5460
With just your old friends and the you have.. you are done in 12 dayes.

Edited on 12/06/2017 at 12:20:53 AM PST

Czoe
Herring
Herring
334 Posts

[Post New]by Czoe on Dec 6, 17 12:56 AM
Since I started playing in the middle of the last CE, I only had John for a friend, so invited people for the Spring event, with SE after my name, and had no confusion expressed by anyone.

Made some good friends who have stayed, for which I am grateful. Others needed to pare down their list, and that is fine. I'd like to thank those who invited, or accepted invitations from me for this CE, as I'll have enough friends now to get the gift achievement, and maybe some will stay!

nopla3039
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by nopla3039 on Dec 6, 17 5:11 AM
This will be my first CE does it matter which Christmas room I use

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Dec 6, 17 6:43 AM
Nopla, since the new Christmas room has 3 (as-yet unknown) features to unlock, it seems reasonable to assume that the event achievements will require interaction with them. I should think the new room will be the one to choose.
But only the start of the event will confirm any of our speculation.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Dec 6, 17 6:50 AM
And as to the original subject, I personally appreciate it when friends put CE after their name. It tells me it's ok to delete them after the event ends. I'm not going to be fooled into deleting a good gifting friend - I know exactly who they are. But some friends have been around since Spring & haven't gifted in months, & if they indicate it's ok to delete them, I will. My game get sluggish & unstable with too many friends.
Plus, the game was seriously stingy with the gift boxes this year - I'll be out in 4 days if I gift to everyone!

Go to: