Ask70
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

combination to the padlock?

[Post New]by Ask70 on May 12, 10 9:36 AM
I have looked at the hint twice but I still don't get it. Any ideas?

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

Re:combination to the padlock?

[Post New]by Gieyo on May 12, 10 12:10 PM
You have to match the shape of teh sun's mouth to the letters on the padlock. I suggest you look at the walkthrough as some of the matches are really surrealistic.

I solved this by seeing some combinations "chimed" so I started taking notes and was done before in need of walkthorugh. But as I needed help later on I scrolled across this section and seeing some of the combinations and their "Logic" I wouldn't have come across them had I "known" what to do. (Does the match of the P look like a P to anyone?)

cf_30
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by cf_30 on May 12, 10 3:14 PM
The letters correspond to those used when you are using emoticons in text messages or even on bigfish, for example if you put a in your post, while you are composing your message, rather than the little face poking its tongue out you see : P , which then changes to the little face graphic on your actual post. So, you have to match the suns face in the middle of the padlock to the letter you would use if you were typing that emoticon. It is still quite difficult as it is not always exactly obvious which letter you would use to create each expression but with a little trial and error (or a peek at the walkthrough) you can figure out which one to use.

Hope this makes sense - I'm finding it a bit tricky to try and explain clearly.....
Charlie

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on May 13, 10 3:55 PM
Actually Charlie I think you did a great job!
The thing is the "sun face" that matches the P didn't look as if it had its toung out to me, I thought it had something in its mouth (like a grass or at most a viper's toungue).
I guess I was less open-minded at this point of the game, as my bubble of expectations regarding this game had been burst by then.

Gembirdie
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by Gembirdie on Jan 27, 12 5:48 PM
Well, Gieyo - I think it IS a viper's tongue hanging out of the sun's mouth for the "P". And vipers are "P"oisonous...

I have to admit that I'm thankful to whoever first figured out the solutions to the puzzles of this game. They sure puzzle me!

Hang in there!

Go to: