Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Snow White Solitaire: Charmed Kingdom here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 6, 17 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 12/06/2017 at 8:24:43 AM PST

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Snow White Solitaire: Charmed Kingdom here.

[Post New]by dollyflower on Dec 6, 17 6:30 AM
Game downloaded fine, but I couldn't type in my name at the beginning. I clicked where it should be and the game advanced to the beginning and then would not play. Music was beautiful. Windows XP>

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 6, 17 8:24 AM
Hi Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work as it should, we highly recommend visiting the Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped past players correct various types of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using the information in our Big Fish Games Help articles, please get in touch with the Customer Support Team. It would also be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide the most appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are looking for game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgArinelle

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 6, 17 11:10 AM
Hi dollyflower,

I'm sorry to hear there's been trouble entering a name and playing the game. Hopefully this can be resolved by simply closing out and reopening the game, but, if not, we can do some additional troubleshooting to try to get things working better. The best first tip would be to run the game in Administrator mode to make sure its files have all the permissions they need to work as they should. It may also help to uninstall and reinstall the game in case something went wrong during the initial installation. Steps for these troubleshooting tips can be found here:

Uninstall and Reinstall a Game

Should that not resolve the issue, please send a message to our Technical Support Team. You're also always welcome to PM me or another Moderator with questions. We'll do our best to assist.

bfgArinelle

cjmajor49
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by cjmajor49 on Dec 6, 17 6:07 PM
Another game with screwed up graphics. This is getting to be a frequent thing. None of the tips from the moderators ever work. Maybe someone should admit they are getting crappy games from the developers? It seems odd that games with much more active graphics work fine, but the ones that should work according to the requirements have trouble.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 7, 17 11:14 AM
Hello cjmajor49,

I'm sorry to hear there's been some graphics issues when playing the game. If the aforementioned troubleshooting steps of running the game as an Administrator and checking for video card drive updates haven't helped, please send a message to our Technical Support Team. They have tools to help gather information helpful when we pass along reports from our players.

If there are remaining questions or concerns, you can also send a PM to me or another Moderator at any time. We'll be happy to provide any answers we can.

bfgArinelle

drustorm
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Wild Cards Bugged?

[Post New]by drustorm on Dec 7, 17 1:40 PM
For the first three areas, Wild Cards acted as I expected. You clicked on them and they went into your wild card hand. Beginning with the 4th area, clicking on Wild Cards of any kind sent them to the top of your play pack rather than your wild card hand. As a result, wild cards were nearly useless since they were used at once.

I also tried not picking up Wild Cards to see if they would go into my hand at the end, but they didn't. If I didn't pick them up, they were lost, if I picked them up, they were immediately played. (I think having to click on Wild Cards to collect them is a bad design decision. As soon as they are revealed, they should pop off to the wild card hand.)

This looks like a bug to me. A pretty bad one from the player's perspective. If this is WAI, it spoils the enjoyment of the game.

In any event, the behavior is keeping me from buying the game. Everything else about this game is great.

Edited on 12/07/2017 at 1:41:19 PM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 8, 17 4:30 PM
Hello drustorm,

It sounds like a technical error has been occurring when Wild Cards are used in the fourth area. Since we're unsure whether this is a glitch or not, I'll definitely offer some troubleshooting guidance.

Please try running the game with administrator permissions. This will ensure that the game can access all of the resources it needs and might help the Wild Cards behave correctly. The help page below will walk you through this process.

Should the game behave the same way after those steps are tried, it's possible that this is how the game is intended to function. If you feel the game does have a glitch, I'd recommend contacting our Technical Support Team next. They'll be able to provide a new solution.

Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator if new questions arise.

bfgBeruna

kore21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by kore21 on Dec 8, 17 6:32 PM
i have trouble getting the game to work also. altho it allowed me to type my name, no words appear on any buttons. the buttons are empty. i clicked around the bottom till i found exit & got out of the game.

run as administrator does not change the problem.

my pc is vista. updated, etc.

ty.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 10, 17 2:52 PM
Hi kore21,

I'm sorry to hear that happened! Since running as Administrator didn't do the trick and it sounds like the video card drivers may already be updated, let's try uninstalling and reinstalling the game in case something went wrong during the initial installation. Steps to do that can be found here:

Uninstall and Reinstall a Game

If the issue continues after that, please send a message to our Technical Support Team. You can also PM me or another Moderator with questions whenever you'd like. We'll be happy to help as best we can.

bfgArinelle

ilightle2
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

Wild Cards Bugged?

[Post New]by ilightle2 on Dec 11, 17 4:35 PM
drustorm wrote:For the first three areas, Wild Cards acted as I expected. You clicked on them and they went into your wild card hand. Beginning with the 4th area, clicking on Wild Cards of any kind sent them to the top of your play pack rather than your wild card hand. As a result, wild cards were nearly useless since they were used at once.

I also tried not picking up Wild Cards to see if they would go into my hand at the end, but they didn't. If I didn't pick them up, they were lost, if I picked them up, they were immediately played. (I think having to click on Wild Cards to collect them is a bad design decision. As soon as they are revealed, they should pop off to the wild card hand.)

This looks like a bug to me. A pretty bad one from the player's perspective. If this is WAI, it spoils the enjoyment of the game.

In any event, the behavior is keeping me from buying the game. Everything else about this game is great.

I have had the same experience losing "uncollected" wild cards. At first I assumed that maybe the maximum wallet was 4 cards, so I played them all out and pretty much the same situation except that jokers would go to the wallet when clicked on but wild cards went directly into play or if not clicked on were lost when the last card was cleared from the screen.

This appears to be a "bug" or maybe a design flaw but either way one shouldn't have to guess at what will happen if one clicks or doesn't.

The power-ups one purchases in the shop bear no visual likeness to what one sees in the card hand. Also why does one have to play a fair number of cards for the power-up to be available in the current hand? Again is it a design flaw or a "bug"?

Am not sure this was the correct post but hope the feedback is relayed to the developers.

On an up-note the artwork is very nice.

Mac_too
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Mac_too on Dec 12, 17 6:46 AM
The 'wild card' problem is happening to me as well. I play on a MacBook Pro. It is intermittent, though. Sometimes they go in reserve other times not. Does anyone know what happens when you click on a card with moon on it? Why doesn't the game have an explanation of special features?

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 12, 17 1:00 PM
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for reporting the troubles with the wild cards in the game. If the usual troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue (running the game as an Administrator, updating Flash/Shockwave/Mac OS), please send a message to our Technical Support Team, as they can provide additional help and also gather details handy when passing along these reports.

Should there be any questions about this, please PM me or another Moderator. We'll be happy to help however we can.

bfgArinelle

Go to: