Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Snow White Solitaire: Charmed Kingdom here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 6, 17 12:36 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 12/06/2017 at 8:25:30 AM PST

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Snow White Solitaire: Charmed Kingdom here.

[Post New]by dollyflower on Dec 6, 17 4:52 AM
The cards and the backgrounds are pretty, but the game's the same.

anniebird
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by anniebird on Dec 6, 17 6:24 AM
The game's always the same. Why can't Big Fish offer a solitaire game that has a variety? There are hundreds of different solitaire games but we just keep getting the same one, time after time.

cabanaeast18
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by cabanaeast18 on Dec 6, 17 7:04 AM
I agree with dollyflower. I wish there would be more of a goal to play for, such as building or decorating. For me, that's the difference between buying or not buying anymore.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 6, 17 8:25 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread for Snow White Solitaire: Charmed kingdom! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on this game here. There are just a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Snow White Solitaire: Charmed kingdom.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to assist in any way we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Dec 6, 17 10:30 AM
I have to agree, the game is the same. How many solitaire games of the same type do we need. Nice music and graphics, but how many card in the deck? I had eight 5's and eight Jacks at one time.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Dec 6, 17 4:39 PM

I realize that Solitaire lovers keep asking BF for something different than the Higher/Lower type solitaire. I agree that there are a ton of other Solitaire games out there, but I also realize that every time Solitaire games are offered with several varieties, they are horrible games that are highly criticized. Therefore I understand why developers are leery to produce a game that sits on the shelf collecting dust! Once you start offering a more complicated version, it's difficult to incorporate features that will appease everyone. Looking back on games that tried (and ultimately failed) such as Solitaire 220 & 320 Deluxe, just about every reviewer had a different feature they liked or disliked, and personally, I only enjoyed a few of the hundreds of types offered. Higher/ Lower, Spider and Tri-Peaks are my go to Solitaire games, and only when they have specific features, particularly the option to remove all cards on the board, not just "special" cards.

Snow White Solitaire has all the features I want in a Higher/Lower type Solitaire game, and really none that I don't like, and I will buy this game to pick up where the demo ended. This game is very similar to one of my favorites, The Chronicles of Emerland Solitaire, but with much better graphics. You can choose from 4 different card themes, and 2 face card fonts, and there are 14 Achievement Trophies to earn on your journey through the Cursed Kingdom, to find 5 Magic Beans required to lift the curse of eternal slumber.

The goal is to earn 3 stars per level, and any level can be replayed as often as needed, if you want to earn all 3 stars. If you remove all cards from the board, you'll earn 3 stars, if 1 or 2 cards remain, you'll earn 2 stars and if 3 or 4 cards remain, you'll earn 1 star, if 5 or more cards remain, you won't get any stars, and you must earn at least 1 star on every level to unlock the next world. There is an Undo feature that allows you to undo your last move, and each level allows for a single use.

Bonuses appear randomly on some of the cards, but only temporarily, so if you're not able to use that card within a few seconds, it will disappear, but usually reappears fairly quickly on a different card. The type of Bonus varies, the Coin will give you 50 extra coins if you're able to include that card in a chain, and the Tornado will reveal 2 random face down cards on the board once you include the card in a chain. You will occasionally earn number specific Wildcards and Jokers as you progress. Obstacle cards are eventually introduced as a challenge such as cards with Leaves that require two plays, the first time the card is used, it removes the leaves, the second time it's included, will remove the card entirely.

As you search for the Magic Beans, Helpers will join you on your quest. During the demo, the Knight offers his service to swap a card from the deck, with a useful card. You can upgrade the Helpers abilities with the coins you earn, in the shop once they become available. Eventually the Goblin, Golem, Dragon and Sorceress will join forces with you. You can also purchase the Titan's Eye Amulet that let's you see available moves on the board, the Amulet of Hermes which adds two cards to the deck at the beginning of each level, or purchase Jokers to use as a wildcard.

I found this game very relaxing, with beautiful 2D graphics, soothing Music, a good storyline, and all of the must have features I want in a Solitaire game, such as removing all cards from the board, not just the special cards and you're done with the level even though regular cards still remain. Give it a try, especially if you enjoyed The Chronicles of Emerland Solitaire which is very similar, enjoy!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 7, 17 6:21 AM
Sorry, but I didn't see anything fun about this game. I love the "one higher or one lower" card games, but this one was just boring. Yes, there are similarities to the F2P Emerland Solitaire game, but I didn't much care for that one either.

Also, the face cards with the images are rather small. I had to switch to the number face cards so that I didn't have to strain my eyes.

I prefer games which give me tasks: make a perfect, get a combo of 10, etc. This one doesn't have any such challenge. So it's a no-buy for me.

moonryu
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by moonryu on Dec 7, 17 9:52 PM
I like this game, its high low solitaire but it has worth while boosts (though not cheap, they are also not expensive) and in some cases they are the only way to finish a level.

Excellent graphics, easy to read cards, and not timed which I like -- its relaxing but challenging.

I bought this game after the trial period was done.

Thank you for making an excellent game.

Go to: