Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Stories: A Little Prince Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 7, 17 12:38 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 12/07/2017 at 8:43:39 AM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Stories: A Little Prince Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 7, 17 8:43 AM
Hi Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work as it should, we highly recommend visiting the Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped past players correct various types of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using the information in our Big Fish Games Help articles, please get in touch with the Customer Support Team. It would also be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide the most appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are looking for game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgArinelle

JennieC
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Wobbly

[Post New]by JennieC on Dec 7, 17 1:22 PM
I am running Windows 10 with the latest update. I installed this game this morning with the new update.

It is running really poorly - the screen is wobbly and the two cursors are very slow and jerky. Overall it made it really unpleasant to play and I only lasted 5 minutes before giving up. Have never had this problem before. Obviously I will uninstall and reinstall it, but I would like to know what is causing the problem!

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Stories: A Little Prince Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 7, 17 1:32 PM
Hi JennieC,

Sorry to hear there have been some troubles with how the game performs. Performance and display issues can often be related to the game not getting along well with the video card drivers currently installed, so checking for updated drivers is a great first step. It may also help to run the game as an Administrator to make sure the game has the permissions it needs for its files to work as they should. Steps for these two possibilities can be found here:

Video Driver Updates

If that doesn't resolve the issue, please send a message to our Technical Support Team for additional assistance. You can also PM me or another Moderator at any time with questions or concerns. We're happy to help however we can.

bfgArinelle

nflynn
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by nflynn on Dec 7, 17 8:59 PM
The same thing happened to me. Not sure what is going on with BF games. I had no problems with The Legacy Prisoner but all of sudden I can't play Eipix games and now this is so slow and choppy, I stopped right away. I have updated drivers and HP says my Win 10 is working fine..Im not buying games that do not work with Win 10

[Post New]by debbieh on Dec 8, 17 10:13 AM
Same thing here. Game was slow and then froze and now doesn't play at all. I have windows 10 and have updated drivers too

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 8, 17 12:16 PM
Hello nflynn and debbieh,

I'm really sorry that there's been trouble with this game. The titles we sell are rigorously tested before their releases, but sometimes, after a game has been published, unforeseen issues will arise. It sounds like you've both checked the video card drivers for your computers, so let's try a different troubleshooting approach.

Please try running your game with administrator permissions. This will ensure Christmas Stories: A Little Prince Collector's Edition can access all of the resources it needs. The help page below will guide you through that process.

Should this suggestion not stop the game from freezing, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be able to offer a new solution. You're also more than welcome to PM me or a fellow moderator if new questions arise. We'll be happy to lend a hand.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by chdavisjr on Dec 9, 17 8:19 AM
Running Windows 10 Pro latest version with all drivers and updates installed. Game playing great ... until ... Just collected the Vase and box of foam. Went back to hall where my little friend was up in the chand. Before I helped him, I opened the empty safe (where missing bowl goes) and tried putting the box of foam in the safe. It disappeared and the game froze to the point NOTHING worked and I had to "force" close the game window from the taskbar to return to windows. I was running the game outside of the BFG game manager, straight from the Start menu game icon. Fortunately, the game started back up without having lost any collected objects and I was able to rescue my little friend. So far it seems nothing was harmed by the crash, but thought this might be passed on to the devs in case it has affected some future location in the game.
I'll try playing the game over later with a different player name to see if the same issue happens.
Thanks to all for the great game. Hope this is the only issue.

Edited on 12/09/2017 at 8:21:22 AM PST

[Post New]by myrnarose on Dec 9, 17 1:53 PM
I am running an iMac OS10.12.6 and have tried to paint the doll. Obviously I erred on two of them but cannot redo them at all. Pick up paintbrush and it will not get paint on it at all. Have tried everything everybody has said to do and still am stuck at this doll.
HELP

[Post New]by phunnybunnie on Dec 9, 17 2:34 PM
bfgArinelle wrote:Hi JennieC,

Sorry to hear there have been some troubles with how the game performs. Performance and display issues can often be related to the game not getting along well with the video card drivers currently installed, so checking for updated drivers is a great first step. It may also help to run the game as an Administrator to make sure the game has the permissions it needs for its files to work as they should. Steps for these two possibilities can be found here:

<a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/230485248#step_2">Video Driver Updates</a>
<a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/231139168">Run Game as Administrator</a>

If that doesn't resolve the issue, please send a message to our <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/230538107">Technical Support Team</a> for additional assistance. You can also PM me or another Moderator at any time with questions or concerns. We're happy to help however we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by phunnybunnie on Dec 9, 17 2:37 PM
This game is not working properly.
I do have the latest downloads.
Please correct and update.
Thank you,
phunnybunnie

Brendansoma1
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Brendansoma1 on Dec 10, 17 3:30 AM
I wanted to practice on the 'line them up' game in the bonus chapter (after finishing the game in the 'extra'). But both the red and blue candle won't move. In the game they do, but I wanted to practice so I don't have to skip it.

Edited on 12/10/2017 at 2:38:01 PM PST

[Post New]by wanda1023 on Dec 10, 17 6:14 AM
Also have Windows 10 and the game has frozen twice and got wobbly and graphics were flashing.... will they fix these bugs a release an updated version?

[Post New]by wanda1023 on Dec 10, 17 7:01 AM
I loaded the current graphics drivers and it is still freezing, I think I am wanting a refund at this point.

nflynn
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by nflynn on Dec 10, 17 8:14 AM
FYI BF, I did as you said and tried to change compatibility to Win XP Serv 3 and run as admin. It would not open up after. I restarted my laptop and still would not open up. I had to go back in and change compatibility to Win 8 and uncheck Run as admin and it now will work but it is very choppy and slow. I finally gave up when trying to paint the doll and I could not control the brush. I have been with you for years and now I am so frustrated that you cannot work with Win 10? I have updated all drivers and contacted HP who says my laptop is fine. Whats more, I can play certain games from you but now Elephant games, Eipix does not work with my video driver? Get it together!!

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Dec 10, 17 8:41 AM
No tech problems. Windows XP.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 10, 17 10:08 AM
Hi Everyone,

It sounds like there have been continued freezing or slow performance issues, as well as some trouble progressing in the game. For our Windows users whose issues haven't been resolved by running the game as an Administrator or checking for video card driver updates, please send a message to our Technical Support Team for further assistance. They can also help us gather information helpful for reporting such issues.

For the trouble progressing, it sounds like this happened on a Mac system, so the place to start with troubleshooting is updating/reinstalling the software programs Mac games rely on pretty heavily (Shockwave, Flash, Mac OS). Steps for this can be found here:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

Starting a new profile can also help out in these cases, since it could also be that something went wrong with the save file for the game.

Should none of this resolve the issue, please send a message to our Technical Support Team. You can also always PM me or another Moderator with lingering questions or concerns. We'll be happy to help however we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by myrnarose on Dec 11, 17 1:54 PM
Have done everything you said. Am running Mac OS 10.12.6 and still cannot redo the paint on the doll. The game is obviously having problems.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 11, 17 2:03 PM
Hi myrnarose,

I'm sorry to hear the troubleshooting steps didn't resolve the issue. Since that's the case, please send a message to our Technical Support Team for additional help. They can also assist us by gathering information useful for passing along reports from our players.

If any questions remain, you can also PM me or another Moderator whenever you'd like. We'll be happy to provide whatever help we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Dec 12, 17 10:43 AM
i Had the same problem with the box of foam and opensafe locking up the system. . Did a hard reset, and went back into the game. All was well.

Go to: