bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Review for Crazy Machines: Inventor Training Camp

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 13, 10 1:23 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Crazy Machines: Inventor Training Camp? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

morticia6
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,044 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Crazy Machines: Inventor Training Camp

[Post New]by morticia6 on May 13, 10 1:50 AM
a fun and unique game. don't think i'll use my credit to buy but thoroughly enjoyed the demo.

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on May 13, 10 3:01 AM
I would have to agree with morticia6, I don't see myself buying this game, either. This game has baffling puzzles that were very frustrating, though I was determined to get that soccer ball into that box . I am sure there may be some fishies that will like Crazy Machines... I say Kudos to you all that have the patience for these types of games.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on May 13, 10 3:17 AM
The puzzles seem a little technical/following laws of physics to me. But you can just as well succeed by try and error, at least in the first levels. The game reminds me a bit of Incredible machines, an older game if anyone remembers it.

Tons of options, a few I wouldn't dare to touch, but also the possibility to choose between HW/SW-cursor and turn the music, help and the professor and his useless pop-up comments in the levels OFF.

Rather good task explanations in the levels. It starts with the first 25 levels of 101 (as it says); you can select anyone of these to play. I didn't see a solution button, though.

You can also build your own lab by creating own experiments.

Quite fun, and certainly different. I'll consider it as a DD, in case it becomes frustrating in later levels.
So, to paraphrase a certain fishie at work: Try before you decide either way.

Edited on 05/13/2010 at 3:18:38 AM PST

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on May 13, 10 3:23 AM
I do like this game and type of puzzles.
Working out where to place what to set off a domino reaction basically,

This may sound silly but if the playing area was more attractive I think i would be more inclined to purchase the game - I have it in my maybe folder for sure.

bedheadkg
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by bedheadkg on May 13, 10 8:46 AM
Hugely disapointing. I bought the original Crazy Machines from BF and I loved it, it provided hours of entertainment and regularly had me stumped enough to have to go away and think about it, or look for help. I bought this one expecting more of the same and it was just far, far too easy. None of the levels offered much of a challenge, and I'd finished the whole thing in less than 2 hours. I was really excited to see this, and now I feel very let down.

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on May 13, 10 9:31 AM
Is this anything like Professor Layton's Diabolical Box games for Nintendo DS? If so I may give it a try! I like games that exercise my "senior citizen" brain.

eddyatwork
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by eddyatwork on May 13, 10 11:04 AM
General recommendation: Buy if you are mechanically inclined and loved The Incredible Machine, Daily Deal if you aren't mechanical but like puzzles, Try if you don't fit those categories. I'm dividing the recommendation because this will appeal to different people.

I must confess I'm more of a mechanically inclined logical type so this was appealing to me but to me it was easy. I got through 51 of the levels in the hour allotted so personally I'll wait for it to be a daily deal. People who aren't as mechanically inclined may get quite frustrated at a few of the puzzles and there isn't a hint or skip button.

The graphics were a little dull to be honest and could have been a bit brighter. The sound effects were decent and appropriate for the type of game this is. I did like the music for it since it was unobtrusive. The professor was annoying but fortunately there was an option to turn him off and/or to reduce the amount of commentary he gave.

One thing I'll give the game was the sheer amount of options that were available so that the player could really adjust it to their preference. This is a far cry from some games where the only option is to turn the sound off or on. One criticism is that some of the options were vague as to what they did and I didn't notice any mouse hover help.

Overall it's a good game if you are into puzzles.

Oh, and I see you _DD_!

beckx020
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by beckx020 on May 13, 10 11:26 AM
I love it! I liked regular Crazy Machines too, but it was often too hard for me. This one, so far, is easier. I'm assuming it gets harder as you go along since you have more "things" to work with in each puzzle.

I think a lot of kids will like this one too. Hard enough to challenge, but not so hard you give up. Gets a person thinking a bit outside the box.

Thank you for a great game I can sit and relax with.

OhPamela
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by OhPamela on May 13, 10 10:09 PM
Are there any hints, screen shots, or walkthoughs out there? I'm stuck on level 48!!

ihateshopping
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by ihateshopping on May 14, 10 12:59 PM
Yikes! This game was released in 2007 and is the second of 3 in the series (#3, New Challenges was released in 2008). I guess the old saying "everything old is new again" applies here.

will check it out, though.

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on May 14, 10 1:50 PM

I remember trying a game like this a few years back.

I loved/hated it! /

Made my brain ache but once I figured it out I was so proud of myself and strutted around like I was a genius!

Iggy1027
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Iggy1027 on May 17, 10 9:35 AM
OhPamela wrote:Are there any hints, screen shots, or walkthoughs out there? I'm stuck on level 48!!

I'm stuck on the same level. It's driving me crazy! Guess the name of the game is appropriate. LOL

I doubt I'll buy this game. If there were hints or solutions to each puzzle within the game, I'd buy it. But I don't like the feeling of frustration when I'm stuck and have no way of finding the answer.

bee4u
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by bee4u on May 18, 10 2:43 PM
I bought this game for $6.99 and it is not worth it. First I finished it in around 2 hours. Second, it needs a hint/skip button somewhere. I don't want to know the answer but other people get upset if they don't get to solve after awhile. Last but not least is to BFG... This game came out three years ago... there is now a third Crazy Machines and a fourth ready for release. Little did I know that you could buy all three games at Wal-Mart for $9.96 on one disk. Not worth it.

[Post New]by midnitelady0 on Jun 5, 10 12:15 PM
buy it it is well worth it

Ouchieboo
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by Ouchieboo on Jun 12, 11 1:05 PM
Iggy1027 wrote:
OhPamela wrote:Are there any hints, screen shots, or walkthoughs out there? I'm stuck on level 48!!

I'm stuck on the same level. It's driving me crazy! Guess the name of the game is appropriate. LOL

I doubt I'll buy this game. If there were hints or solutions to each puzzle within the game, I'd buy it. But I don't like the feeling of frustration when I'm stuck and have no way of finding the answer.

Where the heck do the gears go on that level? They won't fit!

momdnarg
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by momdnarg on Aug 9, 12 10:05 AM
just purchased it.....what a waste of money. screen frequently goes black and have to totally do alt delete to get out, no good game explanations all in all extremely disappointing. So sorry I purchased it...

Go to: