bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Review for Sally's Studio Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 13, 10 1:25 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Sally's Studio Collector's Edition? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Sally's Studio Collector's Edition

[Post New]by govegril on May 13, 10 1:49 AM
Anyone that has played Sally's Salon/Spa- this is the same concept except at a fitness centre rather than health Spa/Beauty Salon.

You drag customers to various fitness stations and train them, usually with a quick mini pop up to select correct training- move them from station to station and then cash them out.
In between levels there are the usual power ups to speed up Sally, buy magazines, upgrade stations. You can also hire staff to help with basic training/warm ups.

The only new thing I noticed is the addition of medals/trophies you can earn.
I like the Sally games, they are fun - though nothing ground breaking in a new way here I did buy the CE.

The CE has 12 locations with 5 levels each. There are a few other extras - I will make another thread about those in case it is a spoiler for some foks in this thread,

GloomySunday
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by GloomySunday on May 13, 10 7:37 AM
I was delighted to see that a new Sally's game was out. Now, I stopped playing with ten minutes left in the demo because I was so bored . As said by govegril, this is basically Sally's Spa all over again, just in a different setting. I was extremely disappointed that no new ideas were added to the game (yes, there are the level medals, but they are not really interesting or take much effort). Instead, they even took away a nice feature of Sally's Spa, as the sale of products is not part of the game here (or at least wasn't in the first three locations). So yes, there are new characters, new locations, different actions. Yes, there is the reliably nice graphic and the familiar gameplay. But if I want that, I can just play Sally's Spa again. I can imagine that it must be difficult to keep a series going by keeping in both the familiar and adding something new, but several other series manage to do that and with Sally's Studio, sadly, the developers have not managed it.

It is definitely NOT a bad game! But for those who have played Sally's Spa, it's not really a new game. So - I won't buy this one. And I'm a bit disappointed.

Edited on 05/13/2010 at 7:38:15 AM PST

akaratcat
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by akaratcat on May 13, 10 8:10 AM
Games have been so bad lately, that Poodlebear hasn't been heard from...........what happened to good games....Not my cup of tea....8 credits will last long time at this rate.

momnmejft
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by momnmejft on May 13, 10 8:14 AM
I really liked the other "Sally" games and was looking forward to purchasing this one when it came available. However, I don't think it warrents "Collector's Edition" at 19.95. Especially, since you cannot use credits to purchase. So, I will wait the 2-3 weeks for the regular game. BF take note.

DonnyDJ
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by DonnyDJ on May 13, 10 8:14 AM
Excellent game well worth the collectors edition price. Ten extra levels and early admission. I played this before I left for work and purchased it as well. I love the progress map too. Highly recommended.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on May 13, 10 9:15 AM
I love this game also but haven`t make a decision if to buying the CE or the standard version of this game. Must first thinking of it. A very good game.

Edited on 05/13/2010 at 9:16:05 AM PST

[Post New]by kelseymcq on May 13, 10 11:09 AM
I also have been a bfg member for several years. I have 3 credits stored up with no worthwhile games to use them on which has never really happened. Then when I finally played this game I actually wanted to purchase it only to be slammed with the fact that I can't even use a credit! No way am I going to pay 20 bucks for this game when I have 21 bucks worth of credit in my account that I can't even use towards the game I want. I hope BFG people take note that long time users are not pleased.

[Post New]by lgmacox1 on May 13, 10 12:47 PM
I completely agree, I have 6 game credits, all that have been paid for...why not say you have to use 2 game credits on collector editions. I have been thinking about canceling my membership because good TM games are getting rare....not a big hidden object game person.

Csgentry
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by Csgentry on May 13, 10 1:55 PM
lgmacox1 wrote:I completely agree, I have 6 game credits, all that have been paid for...why not say you have to use 2 game credits on collector editions. I have been thinking about canceling my membership because good TM games are getting rare....not a big hidden object game person.

I like the TM games the most too and there haven't been very many lately.

Katybug273
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by Katybug273 on May 13, 10 2:53 PM
lgmacox1 wrote:I completely agree, I have 6 game credits, all that have been paid for...why not say you have to use 2 game credits on collector editions. I have been thinking about canceling my membership because good TM games are getting rare....not a big hidden object game person.

I agree with your point but 3 credits would be closer while maybe 1.00 over what everyone else is paying. And that 1.00 would be the "convience" of using credits versus cash, if it were only 2 credits you'd actually be paying 6.00 less than the other BFG members.

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on May 13, 10 4:48 PM
For those questioning why you can't use game credits, the game manager isn't set up to recognize anything other than 1 credit = 1 game. From what I understand they are working on a game manager that can tell the difference, but these things take time. If you want to use a credit, wait for the regular version in 2-3 weeks.

I can't get the game to play and hoping to get that worked out myself. I love the Sally games though so was looking forward to this one.

azmesa340
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by azmesa340 on May 13, 10 8:11 PM
akaratcat wrote:Games have been so bad lately, that Poodlebear hasn't been heard from...........what happened to good games....Not my cup of tea....8 credits will last long time at this rate.

Yeah, I really miss Poodlebear's comments which are always right on!

MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on May 14, 10 8:00 AM
Very disappointed. Hoping this would be a buy, but not happening. Very similiar to Sallys spa. Wish something new would come by.

dashwood95
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by dashwood95 on May 14, 10 8:46 AM
Maybe poodlebear is finally getting a vacation since all the games are majorly lousy.

HOw in the sam heck does this type of game warrant a CE? Really? I won't even download the trial. They are all just like the Flo games. Forget being like the first Sally game in a different setting. They all go back to the Flo games and are all parallel versions of one another and therefore boring as all get out.

shinysign
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by shinysign on May 14, 10 12:18 PM
The graphics are just too cute for words. The gameplay is not my style, I like more relaxing games instead of the time management type. I hope to see more games graphically like this with different types of gameplay.

diannb
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by diannb on May 14, 10 12:30 PM
Knew I'd have to have this one and bought the CE before the demo was done. Love LOVE the Sally Spa series and this one is just as fun. The bonus levels & extras in the CE are good but I basically just bought it now because I couldn't wait!

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on May 14, 10 12:56 PM
I am a TM player, but really there are less than 10 series that I would actually pay money for. This game is fine, but not really any different than the previous Sally games & since I just got Sally's Spa for free, I would not buy this one. Got expert on the 1st 10 levels & by then I was bored--though I do like buying the upgrades.

For better new TM games, I would go with Ranch Rush, Royal Envoy or LifeQuest....

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on May 14, 10 7:14 PM
I thought "Sally's Salon" was a much better game. It had better artwork, music, and features like the ability to purchase products between levels.
There is nothing new here, and definitely doesn't warrant a Collector's Edition.

Edited on 05/15/2010 at 5:18:47 PM PST

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on May 15, 10 6:26 AM
I like this version of Sally. I bought it and played it through. I like the fact that any upgrades you purchase in one location follow you to the next location. That's a BIG change from prior games and makes game play much easier.

I'm not sure it's sufficiently "bells and whistles" to warrant the $20 Collector's Edition price. It's no longer than any of the other games and there aren't any additional goodies to make it worth the extra price.

Usually Collector's Editions are such because Strategy Guides and/or bonus game levels AFTER you've played the entire thing through are available. And those bonus games are almost as long as playing the original game. Paying $20 for a couple of extra cities didn't seem worth it.

But overall the game was enjoyable and I'll play it through a couple more times.

Go to: