Love_rnr
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

New Christmas room

[Post New]by Love_rnr on Dec 9, 17 7:21 AM
Love the elf on the shelf (fireplace mantle). Wouldn’t it be fun if it moved around the room for us to find. I guess the holidays bring out the kid in me

Looking forward to the event starting soon.

Paula

 
Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

New Christmas room

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Dec 9, 17 8:33 AM
Love_rnr wrote:Love the elf on the shelf (fireplace mantle). Wouldn’t it be fun if it moved around the room for us to find. I guess the holidays bring out the kid in me

Looking forward to the event starting soon.

Paula
If each of the areas (fireplace, Christmas tree, table) are indeed 3 new HOSs, finding a moving elf will be low on my priority list. (But, it IS a fun idea!)

 
Katijay
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

Re:New Christmas room

[Post New]by Katijay on Dec 9, 17 8:36 AM
So ready for this event to start....4:00 pm is my roll over time and wait every afternoon in anticipation....John was my only friend during the last Winter Event so this will be a lot more fun. Just wish I could have gotten the little Fairy Avatar....Wasn't aware of the Forum back then....and didn't know Events were truly achievable, because I had no friends and thought gifting was once a day.......I'm Ready!....Let's Go....

 
Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

Re:New Christmas room

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Dec 9, 17 8:41 AM
Katijay wrote:So ready for this event to start....4:00 pm is my roll over time and wait every afternoon in anticipation....John was my only friend during the last Winter Event so this will be a lot more fun. Just wish I could have gotten the little Fairy Avatar....Wasn't aware of the Forum back then....and didn't know Events were truly achievable, because I had no friends and thought gifting was once a day.......I'm Ready!....Let's Go....
Isn't it sooooooo amazing what you can learn from the forum????????

As you go through the game and a new feature is introduced, there is usually some message from the mailman...... perhaps someday, at the outset of the game, there will be some message delivered that will take players to the forum and be introduced to that feature! ...... and then put an icon in the pull out bar along with the private room, CC, puzzle, social, etc area that says "Forum" so players can easily be reminded and connected........ however, that would temporarily put the game on pause and could cause some game issues, so that may not be the best solution.... sigh.

 
Katijay
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

Re:New Christmas room

[Post New]by Katijay on Dec 9, 17 9:16 AM
I think just adding another bar to the exit menu that said forum instead of it being under Help...might help also. This is the first forum I have ever participated in and I still haven't figured out how to get help with some of the games I play on FB!!!...So when I first found this game and it was Free...I figured you had to figure it out on your own!...But it is so much more than that and I sure appreciate the comradery here....

 
mis_t
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

Re:New Christmas room

[Post New]by mis_t on Dec 9, 17 8:35 PM
Someone must have noticed that if you click on the bells over the fireplace they play Jingle Bells. I couldn't be the first after so many days that the room has been open.

 

Re:New Christmas room

[Post New]by Silvershark1987 on Dec 10, 17 1:42 AM
I have only been on the forum for a little while as well and I joined up during the spring event. John was the only friend I had until less than a month ago so now I stocked up on friends (though I seem to have lost a few).

I cant wait to get going with the winter event, especially since there is 4 inches of snow in my garden, and it hardly ever snows this much in the southern part of England.

 
maddee51
Clownfish
Clownfish
689 Posts

Re:New Christmas room

[Post New]by maddee51 on Dec 10, 17 4:14 AM
my ID is 70240 silver surfer if you want more friends (anyone else short of friends) I'm under Celeste

 

Re:New Christmas room

[Post New]by ReallyHelpless on Dec 10, 17 5:16 AM
mis_t wrote:Someone must have noticed that if you click on the bells over the fireplace they play Jingle Bells. I couldn't be the first after so many days that the room has been open.

Yes!!!!! I was chasing butterflies when I first heard the bells by accident. Each set of bells plays a different part of the tune, although I haven't heard the silver bells yet - at 1500 shards, they are too expensive for me and none of my friends have them either. Of course there is no advantage to ringing the bells, but I glad I'm not the only one who stops to hear the music
P.S. Thank you gohill, I did figure that out, but not quickly enough to get back to edit my post! Another senior moment

Edited on 12/10/2017 at 7:26:31 AM PST


 
gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

Re:New Christmas room

[Post New]by gohill on Dec 10, 17 5:32 AM
All the different bells play jingle bells.... PC got the update on the 4th and this was mentioned in more than one of the update threads..... This is a VERY active forum and it's easy to miss previous posts that write about one thing or another ....

Edited on 12/10/2017 at 5:52:43 AM PST


 
das100
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

Re:New Christmas room

[Post New]by das100 on Dec 10, 17 6:03 AM
omg...i? had to turn my sound back on...but LU jingle bells in the new christmas room...thanks for the info

 

Re:New Christmas room

[Post New]by Wolfduck on Dec 10, 17 6:06 AM
Where exactly is the Christmas room? Also, what is with the presents?

 
silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

Re:New Christmas room

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Dec 10, 17 6:15 AM
Wolfduck wrote:Where exactly is the Christmas room? Also, what is with the presents?


You have to be at least level 13 to access the Private Rooms. When you are in your private room click the icon in the lower left corner to scroll and find a different room. There are two Christmas rooms. For this event coming up any day you will really want the last room (Christmas room 2) opened. It will take one golden key from doing a quest for Trina to unlock it.

Presents (pink gift boxes for a friend) drop occasionally from playing HOS. Though you will also be able to trade with the children for some after the event starts.

When the event starts you will be able to gift these pink boxes to your friends via the private rooms. From your Christmas room you will click the icon in the lower right corner to scroll through your list of friends. Enter their rooms and leave a gift. You can gift each friend you have once per day (provided they have a Christmas room displayed). You will pick up all your gifts to you from friends from your private room.

There is more detailed information on this in links found in the Helpful Links for Midnight Castle thread (thread is midway down on the front page of this forum with a yellow lock next to it).


 
Love_rnr
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

New Christmas room

[Post New]by Love_rnr on Dec 11, 17 6:08 PM
Annelliegram wrote:
Love_rnr wrote:Love the elf on the shelf (fireplace mantle). Wouldn’t it be fun if it moved around the room for us to find. I guess the holidays bring out the kid in me

Looking forward to the event starting soon.

Paula
If each of the areas (fireplace, Christmas tree, table) are indeed 3 new HOSs, finding a moving elf will be low on my priority list. (But, it IS a fun idea!)


Wow, I would have never thought they would put 3 hos in the new Christmas room, you sure called that one. This event will be challenging and fun!!

 
miner
Herring
Herring
313 Posts

Re:New Christmas room

[Post New]by miner on Dec 11, 17 8:02 PM
Make sure you go to every friends room, not just to gift, you will be able to do all the 3 HOS's in every room

 
 
 
 
Go to: