toltrider
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

How do I get Shards quickly?

[Post New]by toltrider on Dec 9, 17 6:28 PM
I have 34 shards, and need 188. It takes a long time to get them. Is there a way to accumulate them faster?

c0c0_nuts
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

Re:How do I get Shards quickly?

[Post New]by c0c0_nuts on Dec 9, 17 6:56 PM
You can disenchant your inventory for shards.

tennco
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,001 Posts

[Post New]by tennco on Dec 9, 17 8:16 PM
Keep playing the private rooms. You could get up to six for playing your room and a friends. They recharge quickly. Also you can get them from feeding pets too and playing daily quest when you get a chest.
Look at inventory items to disenchant and look for ones that give a lot of shards, then play for them on the puzzles. Some give as many as 9.

Edited on 12/09/2017 at 8:18:32 PM PST

toltrider
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by toltrider on Dec 10, 17 7:03 AM
I don't know how to disenchant my inventory. ? The only place I see the offer for disenchanting are the puzzles. I have disenchanted the duplicate puzzle parts. Should I not do that?
I am not sure what is meant by private rooms or how to play a friend's room. ??

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Dec 10, 17 7:18 AM
toltrider wrote:I don't know how to disenchant my inventory. ? The only place I see the offer for disenchanting are the puzzles. I have disenchanted the duplicate puzzle parts. Should I not do that?
I am not sure what is meant by private rooms or how to play a friend's room. ??

Inventory is kept in your inventory bag. Third icon from the right at the bottom on your screen. Once you click on the bag you can flip through the tabs for different types of inventory. Click on an inventory item, and if you choose to, you can sell for coins or disenchant to get shards.

Separately from disenchanting inventory for shards, you can disenchant puzzle pieces for sparkles. You can use those sparkles to buy puzzle packs to try and get missing puzzle pieces to complete a puzzle. Not a guarantee you'll get the missing piece(s). I tend to open a few puzzle packs after initially unlocking a puzzle instead and try and get the rest from HOS.

Private rooms are available once you reach level 13. Access it by clicking the icon on the top above your social "gifting" icon in the pop out tab on the right side of your screen. For more information about Trina and private rooms you can look in the New Strategy Guide on page 2. To access that thread: look on the first page of this forum. Click on the locked thread titled Helpful Links for Midnight Castle (about midway down on the page).

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Dec 10, 17 7:25 AM
The butterflies in the private rooms regenerate every 2 minutes. So go into your private room & catch the 3 butterflies, & then a friend's room, then do 2 HOS, then go back to your private room & catch butterflies again, etc. If you keep doing this every 2 minutes, soon you'll be awash in shards.

Also, when contemplating disenchanting inventory, PLEASE don't ever disenchant stamps, pet food, or airship items!!! You may think you have a lot, but you can never have too much of these things!

Edited on 12/10/2017 at 7:28:47 AM PST

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Dec 10, 17 10:03 AM
This won't help you now, but in the future, when you're looking for shards for Trina's quests or the achievements: When you get to the top level and have access to destiny key quests, you can do them and disenchant keys for lots of shards. I also disenchant wands, crystal balls, and lightning flashes. I have over 500 of each, so I'm not worried about running out.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

Go to: