irishlavender
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

Option of boosts

[Post New]by irishlavender on Dec 10, 17 9:04 PM
In the new world there were a lot of levels where the Defreeze boost would have been very usefull but I don't recall it having been an option in any one of them (correct me if I'm wrong!). Instead Magic Wand, expensive (510/3) one was there over and over again. I think I found it usefull maybe 5 times in the whole game...
How great it would be to choose your own favourite boost any given time, it would ofcourse make the playing a lot easier, but it might also increase boost selling which
- I would imagine - would please the company.

irishlavender
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

Re:Option of boosts

[Post New]by irishlavender on Dec 12, 17 9:50 AM
...sequel to the above...
Just for the record, and for the heck of it, I checked all the levels (with the 2h Immortality price from event) and found out that the ingame boosts in world 15 goes like this: out of 100 levels (enemy fights not included), the boosts you get are:
- 96 Wand + Hammer + Fireworks
- 3 Tornado + Hammer + Fireworks
- 1 Wand + Hammer + Swap
So, what do we need all the rest 10 plus different boosts there are for sale for? Nothing. We are being directed to buy the expencive ones (well, Hammer excluded) because we can't use any others. How's that for you guys, I find it very disturbing?

[Post New]by Mikestoker51 on Dec 12, 17 11:27 AM
I have just started World 4 The Lost Island and I have encountered the spiders and it says you can destroy the spiders with the hammer, I have tried on several occassions to destroy them but the hammer is not working, does anyone know what hammer to use to destroy the with? If not what do I use to get rid of them once and for all.

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Dec 12, 17 9:15 PM
Mikestoker51 wrote:I have just started World 4 The Lost Island and I have encountered the spiders and it says you can destroy the spiders with the hammer, I have tried on several occassions to destroy them but the hammer is not working, does anyone know what hammer to use to destroy the with? If not what do I use to get rid of them once and for all.

You may not want to hear this... but I've been through that world 3 times and did not destroy the spiders, I worked around them.... There will be some tough obstacles that you can NOT do anything about in the higher levels.... if you can learn to work your way around the spiders, it will help you cope with what's coming...

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Dec 12, 17 10:36 PM
Yes, spiders are a drag and as gohill says, just work around them. The thing is - they hinder you in creating hz, vert, bomb or firework boosts and that seriously affects the score you can attain and the number of blocks you can wipe out.

Generally, if I can't win (without boosts) on a couple of tries, I go in with three trinkets (bombs) for the bargain price of ~43 coins. That wins most boards. Hope that helps you Mikestoker.

Cheers

[Post New]by Mikestoker51 on Dec 13, 17 10:17 AM
Thank You both for getting back to me and I will try to work around them, so far I have been lucky to do that although I am on the 4th level right now. Now I know what to be looking out for and not.

Go to: