tayers81
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,692 Posts

Any Other Games Like Hamlet?

[Post New]by tayers81 on May 13, 10 5:31 PM
Hi Everyone!

I REALLY enjoyed this game--I thought it was really different from what I usually play (IHOG, M3 and LF) and it was a great way for me to relax and have some fun while still doing some challenging puzzles. Does anyone know if there are any other games like this?

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

Any Other Games Like Hamlet?

[Post New]by robin94122 on May 13, 10 6:17 PM
tayers81 wrote:Hi Everyone!

I REALLY enjoyed this game--I thought it was really different from what I usually play (IHOG, M3 and LF) and it was a great way for me to relax and have some fun while still doing some challenging puzzles. Does anyone know if there are any other games like this?

I assume you're already aware of the Azada series, which has a very good mix of puzzles.

A game that's less wellknown, but combines puzzles and humor in a way that's a lot like Hamlet, is Big Brain Wolf. It's worth trying the demo to see if you like it.

Emerald City Confidential is another puzzle/adventure/humor game, although I didn't like the story quite as much as Big Brain Wolf.

Robin

Edited on 05/13/2010 at 6:25:18 PM PST

tayers81
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,692 Posts

Re:Any Other Games Like Hamlet?

[Post New]by tayers81 on May 13, 10 6:24 PM
Thanks robin! I already have the Azada games--LOVE those ones too! I haven't played Big Brain Wolf or Emerald City Confidential yet. I'm off to demo those two now...thanks again!

Cairobat
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Cairobat on May 13, 10 7:56 PM
Unfortunately, you cant get them from Big Fish, but Machinarium and Samarost are very similar to Hamlet, both in artistic design and game play.

tayers81
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,692 Posts

[Post New]by tayers81 on May 14, 10 2:55 AM
Thanks Cairobat! I've heard people rave about those two before...I'll just have to look for those two elsewhere.

Bhilithinn
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by Bhilithinn on May 14, 10 4:31 PM
I love Emerald City Confidential as already mentioned.

The other games that come to mind aren't on BFG, sadly.

Windosill, Machinarium....The Path if you're ok with a darker theme.

Windosill and Machinarium are the most like Hamlet.

Edited on 05/14/2010 at 4:32:38 PM PST

[Post New]by Lanikins on May 14, 10 10:04 PM
Check out the Daymare Town series and Samarost 2 (I haven't played the first one, but assume it would fit, too). I agree on Emerald City Confidential - FUN!

seashore4
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by seashore4 on May 15, 10 1:44 PM
Hi, to the people who wanted to know of other games like this,Some did mention the first one in my mind Samarost 1 and 2. they are to me Alot of fun. you gotta figure it out game.ther is another game to I'll have to look backin my games,I was alot of fun too,just like these three.bye

[Post New]by overthehill60 on May 18, 10 1:40 AM
Most of games I was going to suggest to have been mentioned. There is however another game that I throughly enjoyed and think might be of interest to you. The game is available of BF. Its titled The Jolly Gangs Spooky Adventure. I suggest to download the demo because I think you'll enjoy this one too.
Have a Blessed day and happy gaming. overthehill60

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Jul 23, 10 9:38 AM
Samorost is on here, it's in Online Games.
Also try Anika's Odyssey (same place).

[Post New]by 70summerfield on Aug 14, 12 2:07 PM
Try "Mushroom Age", "City of Fools", and "Tiny Bang"; all are different and lots of humourous fun!

chiari_survivor
Catfish
Catfish
1,506 Posts

[Post New]by chiari_survivor on Nov 11, 12 11:41 AM
A newer game that is also here at Big Fish Games besides Tiny Bang Theory is a game called Shaban (released 8/2012)which is very similar to Hamlet and are both awesome games, for those who enjoyed this one you may want to give these a try also. I was very pleased with both and have played them both more than once.

Go to: