Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for The Love Boat Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 12, 17 12:39 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 12/12/2017 at 8:24:37 AM PST

julesyhedgehog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for The Love Boat Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by julesyhedgehog on Dec 12, 17 4:16 AM
This game is in your typical Delicious Emily fashion. Luckily, it provides you with the different challenge levels of Beginner, Normal, Expert, which was lacking when the Delicious Emily Miracle of Life game was released and many gamers complained.

This is an enjoyable game. I'm amazed at the likeness of characters in the game to the actual actors from the TV show. They look identical!! It's fun visiting every port and the crazy antics on the ship.

I've been playing this on my iPad very slowly so have not completed the entire game yet. Whether gamers decide to purchase this as a CE is their personal choice, but I do think it is worth it. Besides the additional challenge levels, you have your typical Delicious Emily other challenges ... collecting enough diamonds to see all the mice costumes/disguises, finding all actors in the game, and other awards.

Highly recommend.

julesy

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 12, 17 8:24 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread for The Love Boat™ Collector's Edition! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on this game here. There are just a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on The Love Boat™ Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to assist in any way we can.

bfgArinelle

Larissa_Jane
Flounder
Flounder
2,273 Posts

[Post New]by Larissa_Jane on Dec 12, 17 5:51 PM
I haven't even heard of "the Emily Game" So this is why I probably couldn't find out how to play! I did NOT find any instructions. So it was hit and miss - mostly miss!
and it took forever to DL

georgiarealist
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by georgiarealist on Dec 13, 17 1:58 AM
I will buy this with the sale, I guess. Like many of the other Emily spin-offs, I find this slightly less frantic and thus possible to play. Most of the Emily games are too fast-paced for my arthritic hands. The only thing I disliked about this game (based on the trial) is the laugh track, but I usually turn the sound way down anyway.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Dec 13, 17 12:15 PM

The Love Boat is ready to set sail across the Pacific, with special guest stars Emily and Angela, and wouldn't ya know it, Carl the mouse has stowed in search of love too! This cruise will be more nerve wracking than most because Mr. & Mrs. Skoggstad are on the cruise, and love is certainly not in the air for this couple who just acquired the cruise line!

I really wanted to love this "exciting & new" Time Management game because I remember looking forward to watching this show every week as a kid, with my mom. It has some glitchy issues, and really annoying canned laughter, however at least the laughter feature can be turned off (took me a few minutes but I finally found that option on the main page setting, otherwise the other option page only allows you to adjust the music) I couldn't get the PC version to play at all, so I eventually downloaded the Mac version which worked. I still had issues clicking on some items, especially the magazines, which would cause me to get all messed up, thinking that the magazine I clicked just clicked on would be available, but when I tried to deliver it to the customer, it wouldn't be on my tray. I click on as many consecutive tasks as possible, to earn more points, and not getting an item on the first try, can ruin your mojo on a TM game!

Just like most Time Management games, the customers arrive and you need to click on the item or items they desire as indicated by their thought bubbles, click on the customer to deliver the goods, click on the register to receive payment and if they have been sitting at a table, you need to click the table to have Gopher (how appropriate! lol) clean the table. Some items just require a single click (unless it's glitchy) others require multiple items, such as a champagne bottle followed by a corkscrew, followed by a glass, before serving it to the customer.

Some items, such as the magazines are in limited supply, and require restocking, and in between customers, Julie has different Quests to fulfill for bonus points. Multi-tasking and fast service also gives you bonus points, the goal is to keep the customer happy for bigger tips, as indicated by their Hearts. If a customer waits too long, they might leave without paying! Carl the Mouse has climbed aboard, everyone was expecting him to, because he's actually the star of this show and all of the other TM games by this dev. You will earn extra points if you click on his tiny little mouse head when he pops up on every level unexpectedly.

You can earn up to 3 Stars per level when you achieve expert status, and any level can be replayed at anytime, via the Level Map. There are 60 levels and 30 Bonus Levels available in this Collector's Edition version. After each level, you can purchase items in the Shop with the Coins you earned. In the Shop you can upgrade items to keep customers happy and more patient, make service faster, or allow for larger storage capacities. After a few levels, Challenge levels become available, which allows you to earn Diamonds, and the Diamonds allow you to purchase 12 different versions of Carl the Mouse.

This Collector's Edition version has 7 Music Soundtracks, 20 Trophy Achievements to earn, 15 Cast Member bios, 12 different Mice to purchase with Diamonds, and 30 Bonus Levels, enjoy the cruise and the trip down memory lane!

beabea
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by beabea on Dec 14, 17 7:00 AM
Done play this last month on [Removed by Moderator] . I do not understand why they have the collector's edition for. There is nothing special about this game. The only thing I can think of is " its the only way to rip people out of their money." I would like to know, what is it with the mouse? Like there is not enough to do without trying to find that freaking mouse. You people have gone over board with the mouse thing. GIVE IT A REST WITH THE MOUSE.

Edited on 12/19/2017 at 11:17:26 AM PST

palegoldfish
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by palegoldfish on Dec 15, 17 8:27 AM
I played the demo for this game on the other website and decided it was a no buy. As far as I'm concerned they've destroyed the Delicious-Emily franchise. It seems as though they're creating any game they want and throwing Emily or some other member of her family into it just to sell the game. Anyone who has the original Delicious games will understand what I'm saying.

beabea
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by beabea on Dec 16, 17 7:29 AM
I agree with palegoldfish, I was playing Delicious [Removed by Moderator] before bigfish started and now its like they can not come up with something new or they know that it is a hit and trying to make as much money as they can. They know people will buy these games that's why they keep running this type game into the ground. This is another reason they keep calling it a collectors edition. So they can charge more for a re-run game.

Edited on 12/19/2017 at 11:18:12 AM PST

julesyhedgehog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by julesyhedgehog on Dec 16, 17 9:31 AM
beabea wrote:I would like to know, what is it with the mouse? Like there is not enough to do without trying to find that freaking mouse. You people have gone over board with the mouse thing. GIVE IT A REST WITH THE MOUSE.

You don't need to find the mouse if you don't want to. I actually like finding the mouse in these games. What is different about the mouse in The Love Boat is that the there is the challenge of getting all the different mouse costumes by using your diamonds. Once you have collected all the costumes, then you can replay and find the mouse wearing that particular costume. If you find all 12 mice wearing the costume, you are awarded an achievement trophy.

julesy

beabea
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by beabea on Dec 19, 17 9:59 AM
Yes you do have to fine the stupid mouse or you do not get all your rewards. So tell that lie to someone that dose not play the game often.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 19, 17 11:32 AM
Hi Everyone,

Swimming by today with a quick rules reminder for posts in the Reviews thread, as well as for posts in general on the Big Fish Games forums. We encourage our players to share their opinions and experiences with one another, but we do ask that our Forum Rules be kept in mind during such exchanges. In particular, the following rules are most applicable here:

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

Do not discuss other game sites or game companies, positively or negatively, by name or by nickname.

The following guideline for reviews could also apply:

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

Thanks, everyone, for helping us keep the forums a friendly, inviting place for all of our players!

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by Metnix on Jan 3, 18 11:00 AM

Wow, what a treat! I am a fan of the Emily series of games, I would love a new one every month if I had my way. What a fantastic blast from the past to incorporate the Love Boat, theme and all! It was nice to see Isaac in action with serving guests. I finished the game and wished there were more levels. This was not only fun and entertaining but challenging, a great mix. However, I can't seem to get the music out of head. I think this game was worth every penny I paid for it, I can't say that about a lot of my recent games in the past four months. Bravo Big Fish, Bravo...keep these coming!

[Post New]by j9mattfield on Jan 9, 18 9:46 AM
I rarely review games even though I have been playing BFG forever. But I'm having so much fun with this one I had to come on and tell everybody! I am on my fourth time playing the game through and I have never done this with a game before. And I have never been able to collect all of the trophies on a time management game before either. The Love Boat theme is wonderful nostalgia for me, even the laugh track is endearing. The characters are true to story. I am usually annoyed with the mouse in the Delicious games, but really enjoyed them in this game, especially being able to buy them different outfits. Give it a try. I love it.

Edited on 01/09/2018 at 9:49:35 AM PST

Go to: