rbsworld
Herring
Herring
317 Posts

Wow! Winter Event rolls in like a semi..

[Post New]by rbsworld on Dec 12, 17 5:29 AM
This is my second WE and the new Christmas Room, morphing snowflakes, tree, stockings, snowmen, oh my!

Beautifully done devs, thank you.

A note though...

My eyes are dead tired!

Morphing snowflakes are very difficult to see in white snowy scenes..has anyone else noticed this? If so what did you do to make it better? I'm trying to figure out if it's my tablet that Santa hopefully will be replacing soon or something I can alter for a better effect.

And I have 150 friends that I'm learning to break down into 3 groups. I just can't sit and do all 3 HOS in the new Christmas Room x 150 all in one sitting as much as my enthusiasm wants to. 450 HOS scenes doesn't even get me outside into castleland. I plan on doing this everyday for the next 38 days??? I would really appreciate any ideas on how you plan on tackling the Gift exchange, regular gifting, HOS rounds AND the upcoming Challenge..you know, all the regular gameplay. I need to factor in hunting for wands too for the trees, stockings and snowmen.

I feel a bit overwhelmed to tell you the truth. I did notice a huge lift in my airship item totals after doing just 1/2 of my friend's Christmas Room. Yeah to that!

Thanks for your input,

RBsMom

Edited on 12/12/2017 at 6:05:01 AM PST

Patroche
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

Re:Wow! Winter Event rolls in like a semi..

[Post New]by Patroche on Dec 12, 17 5:49 AM
I agree - kudos to the devs - absolutely wonderful.

Note to those who haven't opened your new Xmas room - please do so ASAP so gifting under tree can happen. Also, for those of you who insist on using the old Xmas room - there are no HOS' to play there and the new HOS' in the New Xmas room give lots of items that are needed.

Have fun!

El62
Clownfish
Clownfish
659 Posts

[Post New]by El62 on Dec 12, 17 5:52 AM
I did all the games in my friends rooms, phew that took me a couple of hours, but it gave me all the items I needed for the new pets (I saw that after finishing )
so now I am planning on gifting them all tomorrow and the days after that until I run out of pink boxes. and do some regular rounds to get the wands.
the only new achievements are for the stockings,snowmen and trees so I think that is very doable.
I love the little snowmen
regular gifting, well after I run out the pink boxes I will do that again ,I think.

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Dec 12, 17 5:54 AM
This is the first WE for my newest game .... I will not finish everything in that game and that's okay.... Since I have 4 games.... I am also giving myself permission not to finish everything in the other three games as well.... I was extremely stressed yesterday and had to take medication so I would not start throwing up.... medication to relax my muscles as I was so tense, I was having muscle spasms and medication to stop the serious headache I was getting... soooo, when I went to bed, I told myself to CALM DOWN.. it will come again next year.... The nerves kicked in when I saw we only had 39 days instead of 40 something days, it's not going to make that much difference, but it did something to me psychologically, that I had to talk myself down from the ledge....

The only thing that might not come again for specific avatars will be the Castle Challenge, whenever they start that... but... I am also giving myself permission to not care....

btw: I am not doing 900 HOs a day to complete all those HO's in all 4 games...

Imamama
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by Imamama on Dec 12, 17 6:34 AM
For the new Christmas room.....I found that doing one HOS....the same HOS....in each of my friends room at a time was easier than doing all three scenes in a friends room then moving on to the next friend. So first I did all of the mantle HOS in all my friends rooms. Then went to the start of my friends list again and did all of the Christmas tree HOS. Then finally the table HOS. I did have to scroll through my friends list 3 times to get it done but my brain handled it much better.

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Dec 12, 17 7:13 AM
Patroche wrote:I agree - kudos to the devs - absolutely wonderful.

Note to those who haven't opened your new Xmas room - please do so ASAP so gifting under tree can happen. Also, for those of you who insist on using the old Xmas room - there are no HOS' to play there and the new HOS' in the New Xmas room give lots of items that are needed.

Have fun!

Yes! yes! and yes again!
OPEN those 2nd Xmas rooms!

Skdu
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Skdu on Dec 12, 17 7:15 AM
Love the idea of scrolling thru friends rooms doing one HOS at a time....

If only every one of my friends had opened his/her second Christmas room.

Thanks to Imamama for the tip.

[Post New]by derbyteammom3 on Dec 12, 17 7:16 AM
WOW what a great event best one so far. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Dec 12, 17 7:24 AM
rbsworld wrote:
Morphing snowflakes are very difficult to see in white snowy scenes..has anyone else noticed this? If so what did you do to make it better? I'm trying to figure out if it's my tablet that Santa hopefully will be replacing soon or something I can alter for a better effect.
RBsMom

I'm not sure how to make it better, but I DO know that
a) butterflies are NOT morphing snowflakes
b) sparkles going UP from HOS and snow coming DOWN do NOT make morphing snowflakes
c) snowflakes trailing from the floating stockings, snowmen and trees are NOT morphing snowflakes

I guess I need to slow down...but it's SO FUN

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Dec 12, 17 7:48 AM
GulfCoastGuppy wrote:
rbsworld wrote:
RBsMom

I'm not sure how to make it better, but I DO know that
a) butterflies are NOT morphing snowflakes
b) sparkles going UP from HOS and snow coming DOWN do NOT make morphing snowflakes
c) snowflakes trailing from the floating stockings, snowmen and trees are NOT morphing snowflakes

I guess I need to slow down...but it's SO FUN

If you have trouble seeing morphs - regardless of the time of year - two things you can do to improve the situation:

1) play with the lights off, If that's not possible, adjust the light so it doesn't shine on your computer screen

2) adjust the contrast on your computer monitor.

[Post New]by mapeladarcy on Dec 12, 17 8:02 AM
Yes, great job developers! Everything is so pretty. I love the falling snowflakes. Like another person said to see the morphing snowflakes, I turn up the brightness to the max on my tablet and play in a room not so bright.
Having only 22 friends, which seems enough to keep up with, I did all the HOS in their holiday rooms last night and stayed up much too late. Yes, plenty of treasure from doing so. I am confused on the Santa sack though and knowing who gifted
, which I posted a new thread for that question.

As far as gifting to friends in roatation, I take screenies of when I give and receive so to be sure to equally exchange. I always try to add plus one as allowed to keep the rotation going for gifting to all my friends. I love that we can gift to the Santa sacks more than five times.

Oh, the unicorn, such a cutie.

Happy holidaying all,
Penelope

[Post New]by mapeladarcy on Dec 12, 17 8:03 AM
Yes, great job developers! Everything is so pretty. I love the falling snowflakes. Like another person said to see the morphing snowflakes, I turn up the brightness to the max on my tablet and play in a room not so bright.
Having only 22 friends, which seems enough to keep up with, I did all the HOS in their holiday rooms last night and stayed up much too late. Yes, plenty of treasure from doing so. I am confused on the Santa sack though and knowing who gifted
, which I posted a new thread for that question.

As far as gifting to friends in roatation, I take screenies of when I give and receive so to be sure to equally exchange. I always try to add plus one as allowed to keep the rotation going for gifting to all my friends. I love that we can gift to the Santa sacks more than five times.

Oh, the unicorn, such a cutie.

Happy holidaying all,
Penelope

[Post New]by ReallyHelpless on Dec 12, 17 8:28 AM
Wow!!! Love this wonderful winter event. Thanks devs! The morphing snowflakes jump around quite a bit so I look for movement. Good luck everyone.

Edited on 12/12/2017 at 8:29:30 AM PST

rbsworld
Herring
Herring
317 Posts

[Post New]by rbsworld on Dec 12, 17 8:50 AM
Just wanted to jump back in to thank everyone for their input.

This is the best Event of the year in MHO. This game just adds to the Season in general. Yes it is a bit nerve wracking but oh so worth it. Just gorgeous.

I didn't realize I had lowered my tablet's brightness level and turning in up to the highest level has made a huge difference in seeing those shimmery snowflakes!
And as for the whole gifting thing, I'm going to do as much as I can but not push it so it doesn't become a grind.

Enjoy your castle!

RBsMom

[Post New]by Thewerecatqueen on Dec 12, 17 9:40 AM
This is my second winter event too!

Go to: