Can only help 5? Why?

[Post New]by MindyLamers on Dec 12, 17 1:42 PM
I finally have more than 5 friends so I just realized that I can only send items to 5 friends per day. Can someone explain to me why? Why would there be a cap on helping others? That just seems mean. Now I have to pick and choose who gets help and who doesn't. I guess that explains why I never receive any gifts from my friends. Apparently I always land in the not chosen pile which isn't a big deal to me, but not being allowed to help others if I choose to is really uncool. I can't imagine how putting such a low cap on helping could benefit the developer or BigFish.

LJM5091
Clownfish
Clownfish
608 Posts

Re:Can only help 5? Why?

[Post New]by LJM5091 on Dec 12, 17 1:48 PM
Hi MindyLamers. Welcome to the MC forum.

We are able to gift 5 friends...3 times in a Castle Day (24 hours). I live in the PST timezone so when MC starts its new day, it is 4 pm. I can gift again after 12 midnight, then again after 8 am, and so on and so on.

That works out to 15 friends in 24 hours.Hope that helps.

lj

tennco
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,001 Posts

[Post New]by tennco on Dec 12, 17 1:56 PM
This is a game. You can gift 15 a day. Sometimes your friends have something on their list you don’t have or care to gift them, so you move onto the next one. It all works out in the end.

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Dec 12, 17 2:17 PM
Maybe your friends don't have the items on your wish list,,You could change your wish list to see if that helps.Perhaps put a low value item on there.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

Can only help 5? Why?

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Dec 12, 17 2:48 PM
MindyLamers wrote:I finally have more than 5 friends so I just realized that I can only send items to 5 friends per day. Can someone explain to me why? Why would there be a cap on helping others? That just seems mean. Now I have to pick and choose who gets help and who doesn't. I guess that explains why I never receive any gifts from my friends. Apparently I always land in the not chosen pile which isn't a big deal to me, but not being allowed to help others if I choose to is really uncool. I can't imagine how putting such a low cap on helping could benefit the developer or BigFish.

You can gift 15 friends per day. But they have to be 15 different friends.

Look at the timer counting down on the Daily Quest icon. When the timer shows between...

24:00:00 to 16:00:00 you can gift the first 5 friends
16:00:00 to 08:00:00 you can gift the next 5 friends
08:00:00 to 00:00:00 you can gift the final 5 friends

That makes 15 gifts. 5 at a time within 8 hour increments of the day.

Some friends may not have anything on their wish list. If there is no arrow to flip the card over you have to wait until they choose to put items on it. Until then you can't gift them.

If you are not receiving gifts then you may have high demand items on your list that few are willing to part with from their own inventory. I usually put at least one item that many have plenty of or don't need often. Those items I sell or shard as needed if I get them as gifts or use those items in a swap (we swap the item back and forth to count toward achievements).

Edited to add:
Some of your friends may have hundreds of friends. It may take a while to get to you if they gift in rotation.

Edited on 12/12/2017 at 3:12:29 PM PST

Luckypool
Clownfish
Clownfish
607 Posts

[Post New]by Luckypool on Dec 12, 17 2:50 PM
tennco wrote:This is a game. You can gift 15 a day. Sometimes your friends have something on their list you don’t have or care to gift them, so you move onto the next one. It all works out in the end.
That's how I do it. If I can afford to gift I'll gift it. My memory is so bad, I try to remember the friends who have gifted me and return the favour but this is such a fast paced game, I forget to write things down.
I'd love to post in here much more often and chat to the friends I've made, (shame they don't have a chat thingey like they did in Awakening Kingdoms).

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Dec 12, 17 3:02 PM
As has already been explained, you can gift 15 a day, every 8 hours. All of us gift differently. I keep a spreadsheet so I know who has gifted me and who I have gifted. No one expects a gift every day, so it all does work out.

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Dec 12, 17 3:27 PM
and if you have enough gift boxes, right now you can gift to all your friends in their private Christmas rooms

the gifts are anonymous, but you know you left them under the tree

[Post New]by MindyLamers on Dec 13, 17 8:10 AM
Thanks everyone for the input. As I stated I don't care about receiving gifts...I care about giving them. Still I don't have an answer to my question...Why is there a cap on how many friends I can help? Whether its 5 or 15 isnt really the point. The fact that theres a cap at all is what stumps me.

HennyMarie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,417 Posts

[Post New]by HennyMarie on Dec 13, 17 8:45 AM
No one here can answer that.. it is just the way the game is.

Enjoy winter event when you can gift everybody every day

Edited on 12/13/2017 at 2:21:21 PM PST

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Dec 13, 17 8:47 AM
I think there are many players that feel the way you do MindyLamers, but I look at the cap as helping create a stable, less stressful environment for gifting. I see many posts of friends getting fretful about returning gifts equally.

As generous as you want to be, I would be afraid of relying TOO much on friends gifts and not play for the enjoyment and benefit of reaping rewards on my own. Very fulfilling

I also play 3 other FTP BF games that have similar caps on gifts. Just enjoy your gifting and know that your generosity is greatly appreciated

[Post New]by MindyLamers on Dec 13, 17 11:54 AM
Thank you GulfCoastGuppy. I appreciate you taking the time to post. I hadn't consider your view point. It does make sense in those terms.

I am happy to see with this Christmas event...even tho its temporary...I can gift all of my friends everyday without leaving anyone out.

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Dec 13, 17 1:16 PM
I apologize for asking if it has been said already, but I wasnt sure if Eastern Time gifting was listed. I have been playing for years and didnt realize we could give more than 5 a day. I dont know why I hadnt figured that out, but what are all the times for Eastern Standard Time does the gifting reset? Thanks.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Dec 13, 17 1:24 PM
dylansmom1979 wrote:I apologize for asking if it has been said already, but I wasnt sure if Eastern Time gifting was listed. I have been playing for years and didnt realize we could give more than 5 a day. I dont know why I hadnt figured that out, but what are all the times for Eastern Standard Time does the gifting reset? Thanks.

As I already shown above you can look at the timer on the Daily Quest icon.

If you want specifics for Eastern Time (current time zone and will change when we spring forward with our clocks).

7 pm to 2:59 am - Gift first 5
3 am to 10:59 am - Gift next 5
11 am to 6:59 pm - Gift final 5

Move all times up one hour when we spring forward around Easter.

gtminer
Clownfish
Clownfish
812 Posts

[Post New]by gtminer on Dec 13, 17 3:51 PM
It's very easy to calculate your own timezone. The first one is the reset. For me, that is 4pm pst. Then after that, it's every 8 hours, so my next time would be 12:00am pst, then again at 8:00am pst. So just calculate it based on your game reset. Hope this helps everyone.

[Post New]by Hufflepuff on Dec 13, 17 5:21 PM
I really enjoy being able to put gifts under the trees of ALL my friends!
Christmas time is gifting time and I love it!

Go to: