ValerieG
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

Too Many Threads to Pour Through, Why Not Only ONE thread per Problem for Help?

[Post New]by ValerieG on Oct 23, 08 5:16 PM
When I'm looking for help for one particular area, as an example: Door Panels, I have to go through 12 pages of threads, finding maybe 10 different threads on the same problem and then seeing that the SAME question has been asked and answered numerous times.

Has administration of this forum ever thought about moving ALL the threads pertaining to one area of the game to ONE thread? It would be so much easier to find answers to questions, and also the same question wouldn't be posed time after time after time.

I just find this extremely frustrating and spend more time searching the forums than I am in actual game time. Even when I use the search feature, I'm still bouncing from thread to thread to get assistance. Anybody else with me on this?

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

Re:Too Many Threads to Pour Through, Why Not Only ONE thread per Problem for Help?

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 23, 08 8:04 PM
Sorry, but that will never change. Players come here already frustrated at being stuck. Lacking the patience to search, they just create a new thread to ask their question.

Merging threads is difficult and it throws off the continuity of the conversation in each thread.

azaa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,772 Posts

Re:Too Many Threads to Pour Through, Why Not Only ONE thread per Problem for Help?

[Post New]by azaa on Nov 2, 08 1:40 PM
I am in agreement with you on this issue... maybe if gamers listed a level or something other than "Help" I could probley find some "Help" for myself also! There have been many times I have searched for help to a problem without asking and most of the time I find it really quick.
But in the past month or so I have to "dig and delve" through many threads. I can understand why threads can not be the answer all of our game problems. But it really does help when you began to recognize a seasoned gamers name and rely on those players to answer you questions and there are many, many of those people in this forum...stick with who you trust as I have been doing! Good gaming to you!

[Post New]by Fiona_56 on Nov 7, 08 12:02 AM
I agree with ValerieG they should have a thread with all the tips and clues like they do for Art of Murder:FBI Confidential and other games. [i]

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Nov 7, 08 12:11 AM
When you look in a game forum, scan thread titles to see if any relates to your issue or location in the game. If not, you can use the Search All Forums and search for key words and look at the links to see if any look appropriate to your issue. You can use the Advanced Forum Search to search ONLY the game name you are playing.
Examples of search terms could be -- Room 101, Mouse Maze, Mouse and Cheese, Brown gears, Level 14, etc.

Go to: