helleborus
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

help with second and third standing stones

[Post New]by helleborus on May 14, 10 12:46 AM
I have dealt with the first main standing stone and got the three pieces of slate, but can't get the other standing stones to move. Is it because I have collected the twigs but don't know how to identify them. I have the two necessary books but don't know how to show that I have identified them. Please help, somebody, this is such a good game but I have completely stuck!

help with second and third standing stones

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on May 14, 10 10:42 AM
helleborus wrote:I have dealt with the first main standing stone and got the three pieces of slate, but can't get the other standing stones to move. Is it because I have collected the twigs but don't know how to identify them. I have the two necessary books but don't know how to show that I have identified them. Please help, somebody, this is such a good game but I have completely stuck!

Hi helleborus
If you've got the 3 pieces of slate then you have done all you need to do with the 2 smaller standing stones. They only tip back to allow you to collect the slates underneath them. After that, all the action is with the large standing stone.

SPOILER ALERT!!! Please highlight the text below to read.

Your task now is to collect some objects and the twigs that match them. You need to find a paper in the workshop to tell you what the significant objects are that you need. Once you have them and all the twigs, you then need to pair up the objects with the twigs. You use the Pocket guide to trees to tell you which twig is which and the Magical Properties of trees book to help you identify which object is paired with which twig. Look closely at each object and you will notice a symbol which can be looked up in the book.
It's hard to explain everything and I'm giving away so much here. The best thing might be to check the walkthrough on Big Fish or the one at gameboomers and then you can look at only the bits you need.

Hope that helps
Karen

Edited on 05/14/2010 at 10:42:38 AM PST

helleborus
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

Re:help with second and third standing stones

[Post New]by helleborus on May 14, 10 11:58 AM
Thanks for that, yes, I realised that I had got all the stones, and havae successfully combined them and got the Spell. But what do I do with it? One walkthrough seemed to tell them to click on it, but nothing happened. Can you help?

Re:help with second and third standing stones

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on May 17, 10 11:12 AM
helleborus wrote:Thanks for that, yes, I realised that I had got all the stones, and havae successfully combined them and got the Spell. But what do I do with it? One walkthrough seemed to tell them to click on it, but nothing happened. Can you help?

Hi helleborus

Do you mean you've done the puzzle on the walls and got the words written on the stones? If so, then when you take it to inventory (by clicking on it) you should get a cut scene which leads you back to the standing stone. The spell is now just for information - a clue to how Llwyd has trapped the souls. But you need to be led back to the standing stone so that you can find one of the significant objects you'll need later. Let me know if you didn't get led back to the standing stone and I'll see if I can help further. I don't check the forum every day so forgive me if I don't reply immediately.

Best wishes
Karen
Arberth Studios

Go to: