Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Jewel Match Solitaire here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 13, 17 12:37 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 12/13/2017 at 8:28:26 AM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Jewel Match Solitaire here.

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 13, 17 8:28 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread for Jewel Match Solitaire! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on this game here. There are just a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Jewel Match Solitaire.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to assist in any way we can.

bfgArinelle

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Dec 13, 17 9:16 AM

I purchased this game in the Collector's Edition version during a $6.99 CE sale, and I absolutely love it. Jewel Match Solitaire has a great play value, because as you play the main game of Higher/Lower Solitaire, you unlock 12 different Solitaire types of games, such as Aces Up, Eight Off, Four Colors, Freecell, Klondike, Martha, Osmosis, Pyramid, Royal Family, Scorpion, Solid Square and Spider Solitaire. You still earn Achievement Trophies with this version, and you still get to build the Castles. I'm not sure about the ability to set the Castles you build as Wallpapers, it has the icon for Wallpapers, but I didn't progress far enough in this demo to build the entire first castle. I'm assuming you can, otherwise it seems they would have removed the Wallpaper icon.

You can play in a Relaxed mode which gives you more than one deal, Normal mode or Hard mode which is a Timed game. You can choose from 4 card designs, and 2 different Face card font styles. There are 24 Trophies to earn, and every level has Emeralds to earn that allow you to build the Castles, one section at a time. Depending on how many cards remain, you can earn up to 3 Stars per level, and you can replay any level at anytime. Approximately every fifth level unlocks a different Bonus Solitaire game type that can be played anytime, once unlocked. The level map shows you how many Stars you earned on each level as well as how many Emeralds are available, and how many you found. Some cards have Coins hidden under them which can be used in the Shop to purchase items that will help you on the more difficult levels.

In the Shop you can purchase more Shuffle and Undo features, Number specific Wildcards and Jokers, or a feature that increases your chance of earning them in the levels themselves, there are power-ups that remove a Random Card, or a Specific Card, power-ups that give you a Deck Card Counter or turn over some Face Down cards.

Naturally, there are some Obstacle Cards as you progress, requiring you to find Key Cards for Locked Cards, Sickles Cards to remove Bush Cards, Chained Cards require a Hammer Card (some cards have more than 1 chain and more than 1 hammer card) Scissor Cards to cut Ribbon Cards, (some cards have more than 1 ribbon and more than 1 scissor card) and my favorites, Wax Seals requiring color specific cards to be played, and sometimes Suit Specific cards, Frozen Cards require 2 plays, the first to break the ice, and the second play to remove it .

The Collector's Edition version has 24 Trophies to earn, 10 Music Soundtracks, the Making Of, Bonus Trophies, Wallpapers, 4 extra Deck card styles, Bonus Levels, 3 Extra Castles to build, 120 Extra Bonus Levels, 6 Extra Bonus Solitaire types, Shop Extra Power-ups, and a built in Strategy Guide (huh??)

In all honesty, because this Standard Edition version has many of the same features still available, it's a fantastic value for the price. I don't think you'll miss what's missing enough to make a difference for the price. Either version is a fantastic game for Solitaire lovers, enjoy!

Simba2009
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by Simba2009 on Dec 16, 17 12:22 PM
looking at the game page for this game I noticed that all the reviewers purchased the CE version of the game and not the SE. I notice in this forum for the SE that the only reviewer talked about the CE of which has it's own forum and so the review should be there. I am currently stuck unable to progress on the game because don't have enough emeralds for finishing the current castle nor am unable to replay levels to earn more emeralds. am going to have to start over from square one.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Dec 19, 17 10:21 PM
I am sincerely sorry to have wasted a PCC on the Standard Edition (SE) of this game. I finished building the castle at the end of Level 38 (I played in Relaxed mode.) and thought there would be other castles to build. There are no more castles; nothing to do with the jewels you earn on subsequent levels, so there is really no point (other than to occupy time) to continue playing.

Edited on 12/20/2017 at 12:06:48 AM PST

Ashm00r
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Ashm00r on Dec 20, 17 10:53 AM
@thistle809

There are 5 castles in the game. You may be missing something. Each castle has allotted 40 levels therefore at level 41 you should see a new castle to build.

@simba2009

I sent you a reply in the other thread regarding the castles. Do you have emeralds but no castle part buttons visible?

ark161
Clownfish
Clownfish
611 Posts

[Post New]by ark161 on Dec 26, 17 6:18 AM
I love this game. Despite my having motion sickness this game didn't get to me at all.It's very addictive. My advice if you're stuck is to replay the level. Great game!

westwind02
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by westwind02 on Dec 29, 17 1:16 PM

Do not waste money on his game one of the worst! You make t to level 40 and can not go any where. It tell you o replay level to earn more ermelads and there is no way to replays and you start over and you get he same message. No direcion or no help in this game!! Big Fish mess up bad with this game

[Post New]by bsilas0101 on Dec 31, 17 8:39 AM
Level 186 has a bug. When all face up cards are played, you are left with a lock, and a trey that needs a spade to uncover it. The "key" card is under the lock, so there is no way to get to it. The face up cards at the beginning of the hand/round do not include a spade, so you at left with nothing. otherwise, The game is most fun.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 31, 17 12:06 PM
Hi Everyone,

Just swimming by really quickly to remind everyone to keep the Review Guidelines in mind when posting in this thread. This thread is reserved for reviews of the game itself (gameplay, graphics, music, etc). Questions about how to progress in the game can be asked on the main Jewel Match Solitaire Forum page by clicking on the Create New Discussion button.

For progression issues or technical concerns, please post instead in the designated Tech Issues thread for this game. This thread is located here:

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Jewel Match Solitaire here.

Thank you for your understanding and assistance with keeping the forums organized!

bfgArinelle

Go to: