JudyAlex
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

The games these days are really awful!!

[Post New]by JudyAlex on May 14, 10 1:23 AM
Does anyone else out there agree with me? I haven't seen many games lately that I really am eager to buy!! I love Big Fish, but the choices are pretty slim right now.

DC09
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

Re:The games these days are really awful!!

[Post New]by DC09 on May 14, 10 2:56 AM
Right its not bad this game its really awfull!!

Edited on 05/14/2010 at 2:56:42 AM PST

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on May 14, 10 4:36 AM
I don`t agree. I have bought this game for a few weeks on the developerssite and loved it. I highly recommend it for all tm-lovers.

bryb2001
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by bryb2001 on May 14, 10 4:53 AM
I played the beta release of this a while back. I really enjoyed it and think this is one of Youda's best games. I usually don't like their games but this one is fun.

SeaMoon
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by SeaMoon on May 14, 10 5:06 AM
I agree with you JudyAlex!!! The games offered here have been very childish and simple. What has happended to this site? I hope the games to come are far better than the ones being given to us lately. I'm off to check out another game site.

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on May 14, 10 5:27 AM
I am actually very pleased with Youda Safari, great game.

Bevcat07
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Bevcat07 on May 14, 10 5:54 AM
I totally agree, most of the latest games are "Kids" games and I just can not find a game that I like, my favorites are **** and Adventure, but do you see any of these? NO<NO<NO> Please bfg try a little harder to get the kind of games we want to purchase Thanks for letting me blow off alittle steam!!!! Jellyfish

Bevcat07
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

Seamoon

[Post New]by Bevcat07 on May 14, 10 5:57 AM
Here I go checking more sites, let me know if you find anything interesting. Bevcat07

[Post New]by gunnhoneydew on May 14, 10 6:01 AM
I agree with you Judy Alex the game are boring and all of kids games they
need to upgrade their games. I think BFG can do better then this.

sweetsofi
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by sweetsofi on May 14, 10 6:01 AM
I really miss the games like Drawn, return to ravenhearst, alla poe's murders.
but lately my bank account is proud of me.lol.

jewbaby
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by jewbaby on May 14, 10 6:33 AM
lately ??? , LOL my only saving grace is that I overdid it last month, and now we're just finshing up with the IHOGs.HOGs,FROG's that I went overboard on. Something is bound to come up soon isn't it ???

tedderpic
Flounder
Flounder
2,029 Posts

[Post New]by tedderpic on May 14, 10 6:37 AM
I have also found the games lately are not of my choosing...I check the site every night after work....but nothing exciting to download ...I understand BF must satisfy all our needs....but please dont forget us who need the games like Dawn ..Chronicals..Ravenhurst ..etc

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

The games these days are really awful!!

[Post New]by Euskalduna on May 14, 10 6:55 AM
JudyAlex wrote:Does anyone else out there agree with me? I haven't seen many games lately that I really am eager to buy!! I love Big Fish, but the choices are pretty slim right now.

Totally agree!

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on May 14, 10 7:25 AM
I have to agree with those who are not liking the games of late.
They remind me of what they would offer on another site that I would not buy from and this was one of the reasons. Kids games, TM's. It seems the games used to me more inviting, exciting, challenging and a little more grown up.
Maybe it's the time of year??
I am not buying nearly as much as I did. Oh well, the tide will change, hope so..

ingeash
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by ingeash on May 14, 10 7:53 AM
Help! Oh god I need something good to play, where are they?
My RL is crashing around my ears, I can't stand being carer and nothing else, The only letup is my computer games and I am digging up all the great oldies to find I know them by heart. Please, please, please can we have some more good iHogs in between all these others. Unless there is something like 'My kingdom for the princess' or 'Settlement Colossus' and I rarely find a game outside the Hog format that I really like. This is my only escape, my daughters mental health is going to be the death of me, or at least give me a breakdown.. I wish my husband was still alive to share the ordeal but he's better off out of it, I don't know if I can make it to St Peters gate to join him I might end up in a somewhat 'warmer' place

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on May 14, 10 8:30 AM
Here is my chime in on this one...I agree. BF doesn't seem like the same site it used to be, does it. It is getting to the point that I don't bother going to BF first anymore. This isn't just a drought...it is more like they have jumped on the same bandwagon that most of the other sites have. I think it is obvious which games sell the most, get the most attention, and how unhappy we are with the slim pickings on here.

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on May 14, 10 8:34 AM
I'm not too pleased either with the average of games released lately, but this one -for me- was above what has been coming out recently.
At least I finished the demo time! Maybe it is not extremely original, but at least the stroyline is ok, it has some logic and it offers some fun and challenge (it is not as easy as it seems).

I like different kinds of games and enjoy a TMG every once in a while. HOG's are great too, but I get the feeling there is usually more HOG's released in a row that TMG or puzzlers or RG, or brain games or even arcade etc...
So I think it is fair sometimes we get less IHOG's and more of others.
Quality is another subject: seems to be relaitively low lately in all of them, but I'm not sure it can be blamed on BFG. Isn't it more of a developers' issue? BFG compromises in offering a new game each day. Maybe there is not so much good stuff for them to choose from out there while keeping their promise.
I just hope this tendency changes and that we get some awesome games again (soon). But today's game at least I found better than other stuff I tried this week.

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on May 14, 10 8:48 AM
I agree too that there are quite a lot of games released lately which seem to be a little "childish" and more for kids. I just play the ones that I have bought lately and wait patiently for something good to come out, like HOG, IHOG, and lately I have found that I quite like some TM games, which I never used to like before, like Settlement Colossus, Royal Envoy, Be Rich....just to name a few.

I really love games which have beautiful graphics because it is such a pleasure to play them....like Love Chronicles, Love Parables, RTR, Dire Grove, Rue Morgue, Drawn, all the Dream Chronicles, Puppet Show Mystery of Joyville, Vampire Saga Pandora's Box, etc. I also like Match3 games like Fishdom, Gardenscapes and hope they have a sequel to Gardenscapes because it is such fun to play. Waiting patiently for their new game coming out in summer called Rustic Ranch, which looks really good for now.

I guess Bigfish has to cater to everyone so Happy Playing to all!!

Edited on 05/14/2010 at 11:07:09 AM PST

runewarden
Herring
Herring
300 Posts

[Post New]by runewarden on May 14, 10 9:03 AM
Remember folks, BigFish make a very small percentage of the games on this site - notably, the MCF is theirs, as is 'Drawn' (I think!) - the rest come from outside developers who BFG has no control over. If you an issue with the type of games coming up, this isn't BFG, this is the developers. BFG go for a quality of game, and yes, sometimes the quality is low, but they are picking out from what is submitted to their site, via the ''Submit Game'' link at the bottom of every page.

If you want better games, go to the source - go to the developers, tell THEM what is wrong with the games, and what changes you want. BFG may very well agree with your points on some games, and given the difference to the games BFG produces itself and ones it sells from other developers (just compare some of the IHOGs). But they can't enforce outside developers to make changes. In the majority of games sold, BFG is the middle man - not the entity making the game.

Also, the ''First Quarter'' of game production is notoriously bad - and always has been. Most notably in the console gaming market (although there's been a few gems so far this year). There can be 'droughts' of good games, developers will plan to market games for certain times of the year, and big sellers may be held back until the last quarter (Christmas).

I'd also like to say that while I don't like this game (Youda Safari) - I'm not a TM game player, but gave it a whirl. I have however bought quite a few games this month, and while there aren't as many - I've still bought over 6 so far, and 6 last month. I only buy a high standard of game, and have found more than enough of late, I've even got 2 sitting waiting on me to decide if I can justify them (Royal Envoy 2, The Fall Triology)

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by laeddie on May 14, 10 12:00 PM
I certainly am glad to see others finally complaining about all the "childish" kids games. I voiced my opinion several weeks ago about so many kids games were the DD for $2.99 and most everyone including some of those above who actually like this game got upset with me and I got in trouble for my opinions. Hopefully this will not offend anyone; I just want to add my two cents worth that I also think this site is weighing heavily toward the kid games. I agree that BF is the best site -offers a variety of games and should offer what BF thinks will sell. HAPPY GAMING to one and all.

Go to: