lynwil
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

Help! Level 49

[Post New]by lynwil on May 14, 10 2:05 AM
Am I the only one who's stuck on level 49? How do I get the wood to repair the bridge and get to the sawmill, I'm getting plenty of money from the houses but is there any way to convert it into wood that I've missed or am I going about this the wrong way? Thanks in advance to all the wonderful fishies who always help me out!

Replayer
Minnow
Minnow
207 Posts

Re:Help! Level 49

[Post New]by Replayer on May 14, 10 4:20 AM
If you can build a workshop, you can get wood from there without the sawmill.

pecabo1338
Clownfish
Clownfish
549 Posts

Help! Level 49

[Post New]by pecabo1338 on May 14, 10 5:05 AM
lynwil wrote:Am I the only one who's stuck on level 49? How do I get the wood to repair the bridge and get to the sawmill, I'm getting plenty of money from the houses but is there any way to convert it into wood that I've missed or am I going about this the wrong way? Thanks in advance to all the wonderful fishies who always help me out!

In level 49, you never need to build the bridge and pay bandits. You can easily win (normal and expert mode) by just using the one sawmill and upgrading houses.

rsyates
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by rsyates on May 14, 10 6:55 AM
Hi I found this method was an easier way to complete this level and it was majorly different from what the walkthrough tells you to do so I thought I would post it here so that it may be of advantage.

1 Clear away all branches
2 Build sidings on all mansions
3 Keep hiring workers I found 12 were a good number near the end of the level
3 Build sawmill on available vacant lot (keep producing wood as funds become available)
4 upgrade mansions as funds become availabe
5 Plant flowers on mansions
6 As soon as you have the funds produce 1,600 wood and build a fountain
7 Produce another 1,600 wood and build a fountain
8 All being well you should only have to produce 400 wood and build the last fountain

Using this method I got a gold. Best of luck

Robbie

lynwil
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by lynwil on May 14, 10 2:57 PM
It worked!! Thank you so much, apparently I needed the 3 workers to build the sawmill. Onward and upward!

bfonville
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by bfonville on Jun 12, 10 3:40 PM
I got gold in regular and expert both without upgrading anything.

Simply clear the lower 3-star house first and then immediately clear the middle one-star house.

Side the three-star house after the first rent is collected and then immediately side the one-star house after its first rent is collected.

Clear the top house and immediately clear the other brush pile at the top. If you have timed carefully, there will be enough time to still side the top house before you collect its second rent.

Hire two workers while you clear the last brush pile. As soon as it is clear, build the sawmill.

Saw wood everytime you get 16,000 gold. Build a fountain every time you saw wood.

You should only have to saw wood four times. On the fourth time, have one worker put in a garden on each house simultaneously.

I finish before the timer even gets to the bulb at the bottom.

Mamalita
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by Mamalita on May 9, 11 7:46 PM
Ignoring the bridge and everything on the other side worked for me, too. The first time I cleared everything, built the bridge and paid the bandits and couldn't finish in time. Second time, I stayed on the right side of the bridge, cleared the wood to the house with the three stars first, and went from there. I think I hired a maximum of six workers, kept the wood pile going, upgraded the houses, built the gardens and then the fountains.

desertdusk
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by desertdusk on Aug 19, 12 9:05 PM
You guys offered some great strategies. Wish I had looked here first before I wasted 20 tries to get gold expert! I found my own way and thought I was so clever that I would post but now I'm not so sure. For those of you trying for gold at expert level who aren't whiz-bang fast (slow like me that is), keep these pointers in mind...

1. Hire 2 extra tax collectors about the time you open the bridge.
2. Hire up to 7 workers when you can.
3. Trade with 3 markets but completely ignore the 4th, don't even pay the bandit.
4. Only used the 2nd sawmill on other side of bridge once I think.

Good luck!

[Post New]by afunnyfarm on Jan 19, 14 4:59 PM
rsyates help got me gold. i had tried all kinds of ways. this way worked...thanks so much

Go to: