Gifting in friends room

MrsThompy
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

Gifting in friends room

[Post New]by MrsThompy on Dec 14, 17 7:49 AM
When I visit a friends room I always leave a gift behind. I only receive one gift per day. Does that mean that nobody leaves a gift behind or is that part of the game? Get a lot of medaillions but dont know what to do with them.

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

Re:Gifting in friends room

[Post New]by gohill on Dec 14, 17 8:31 AM
I don't have you as a friend (I don't think)... It might be because of which christmas room you have showing... some of my friends have the old Christmas room up, and I don't leave gifts in those rooms.... mainly because I'm not sure what is going on in those games.... and because I have limited gifts and don't want to waste them just in case those rooms are inactive....

I think some people are having a glitch where they think they have the Second Christmas room up but it's showing the first christmas room in their friend's games.... If you know anyone personally on your friend's list, I would pm them and ask them which Christmas room do they see when they visit your room....

If you are using the Second Christmas room, and your friends can see it, then... I don't know what to tell you.... brand new players have very few gifts, and those who've played this before (this is our 3rd time to be able to leave boxes), may be hoarding what they have for Christmas eve and/or Christmas day....

As for the Santa medallions, they are only used to craft Christmas pets....

alliebdive
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by alliebdive on Dec 14, 17 8:36 AM
The Christmas Room 2 has a stocking that you put presents in, or that people put presents in for you. The old Christmas room has a tree that you put presents under. The new room has 3 HOS. The old one has none. So if you have the old room displayed, you will receive very few presents because people will assume you are not playing or they will be afraid to leave a present there in case it is wasted.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 14, 17 8:40 AM
Hello MrsThompy,

Thank you for reaching out! I'm swimming by to answer your question.

Players can receive more than one gift each day. Santa's Medallions can be used to craft certain seasonal pets (like the Christmas Gnome).

I hope this information is helpful. Please don't hesitate to reach out to another moderator or me if more questions arise. We're always glad to help.

bfgBeruna

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Dec 14, 17 9:18 AM
HEY Mrs. Thompy!! You do have the second Christmas room up.........been leaving you a gift from the JM game every day........geez, hope I am not the only one........but I am running out of pink boxes........but I will gift you every day until they are gone!

Susie

[Post New]by Wendyph1966 on Dec 14, 17 9:27 AM
I have gifted all my friends each day Since this started, but I sure don't get as many back. I started with 1700 gift boxes, and I am down to 1381. I have only received maybe 12 back. I think the programmers did a great job for the Christmas room, but like gifts, it would be nice to know who is sending gift boxes.

Maybe just thought for next year.

Love_rnr
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by Love_rnr on Dec 14, 17 12:37 PM
I was thinking that too, not getting many gifts, but I think the items might be lumped together. For instance when I clicked on the pet food, it showed more than one bag. I’ll pay closer attention next time to be sure. I hope this is the case anyway, I’ve been giving out tons of gifts.

Paula

Katijay
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by Katijay on Dec 14, 17 12:59 PM
A lot of people have commented that the gift boxes being dropped by the HOS games have been few and far inbetween...so there has been a lack of gift boxes to give out this year....because Just John was my only friend last year, I had quite a few built up....and I have been gifting daily so far, but will run out before the end of the event...l think the most I have received in one day has been 3.... so people maybe waiting to give out the meager few they have been able to collect to give closer to the holiday...

This being my first real Christmas exchange I will say for each of those 3 gift clicks there were multiple items...hard to count so obviously that is a lot more than 3 gifts...

Edited on 12/14/2017 at 4:55:02 PM PST

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Dec 14, 17 1:03 PM
I'm not sure you can tell how many friends have left gifts. When you empty your Christmas Bag, is it one item per friend or when you leave a gift, does it contain multiple items. Only the devs can answer that question.

Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

[Post New]by 1457051 on Dec 14, 17 3:36 PM
I always thought it was one gift per friend that has dropped a gift in your sack.
so, if 5 people gift you, you get 5 gifts.
If there are still visible presents in your sack after you click it, that means you have more. I think it drops 10 at a time? If you have that many.
Correct me if I am wrong. This is just my observations.

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Dec 14, 17 3:48 PM
I have always thought that each item received is one gift from a friend. For example, if, when you click on the sack, several items show up at the time, they come from several friends.

Sometimes several will show up at once, next click will be one item, next click will be several. It is difficult to count at times, but I have received up to 16 different items at one time.

I just have fun giving out the boxes and I know that many of my friends don't have a lot of boxes to give out. I know I will still be after Mrs. Claus next year in my newest game as I don't get a lot of playing time these days.

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Dec 14, 17 4:16 PM
One thing to note: it's a good idea to collect your gifts once per day. When they pile up, you tend to end up with a greater variety of gifts. If you pick them up multiple times, often you get a lot more things like pet medallions.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Dec 14, 17 4:23 PM
Each item is a separate gift.

If you're not receiving a lot, it's because:

Your friends may be waiting until it's closer to Christmas to hand out what boxes they have.

Not everybody has 1,000 or more boxes to hand out. It takes approximately 38,000 HOS to collect 1,000 boxes. Players who already have the Home Town Santa achievement might not be interested in playing 100 plus scenes each day to collect that many boxes. Newer players won't have many boxes either.

Why is the gifting anonymous? So that even those who don't have a lot of boxes to hand out can still receive gifts without feeling awkward about not being able to reciprocate.

The only thing you can do with those pink boxes is give them away. And since the items given do NOT come out of your inventory, you are not losing a thing by handing them out - you're gaining a Santa Medallion.

ETA:

And since players just leave boxes and have no control over what is inside them, it wouldn't be fair to associate people's name with a particular gift.

Edited on 12/14/2017 at 7:41:47 PM PST

[Post New]by Hufflepuff on Dec 14, 17 7:42 PM
I have got quite a lot boxes and try to gift every friend every day and I get back a lot of gifts.
If the dropping rate keeps that low I will be out of gift boxes long before the event is over.

[Post New]by Wendyph1966 on Dec 14, 17 8:11 PM
TiramaSue wrote:Each item is a separate gift.

If you're not receiving a lot, it's because:

Your friends may be waiting until it's closer to Christmas to hand out what boxes they have.

Not everybody has 1,000 or more boxes to hand out. It takes approximately 38,000 HOS to collect 1,000 boxes. Players who already have the Home Town Santa achievement might not be interested in playing 100 plus scenes each day to collect that many boxes. Newer players won't have many boxes either.

Why is the gifting anonymous? So that even those who don't have a lot of boxes to hand out can still receive gifts without feeling awkward about not being able to reciprocate.

The only thing you can do with those pink boxes is give them away. And since the items given do NOT come out of your inventory, you are not losing a thing by handing them out - you're gaining a Santa Medallion.

ETA:

And since players just leave boxes and have no control over what is inside them, it wouldn't be fair to associate people's name with a particular gift.

Thank you that makes a lot of sense.

MrsThompy
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by MrsThompy on Dec 15, 17 1:34 AM
Thank you all for your info. I have the 2nd room open and collect my presents. Now I understand that friends give you one present and indeed when I get them its a lot more than one so now I know how it works. Thanks again

HennyMarie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,417 Posts

[Post New]by HennyMarie on Dec 15, 17 1:46 AM
If you play the castle challenge.. make sure you have 3 for that.

Puggypup
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Puggypup on Dec 15, 17 8:26 AM
Like most players, I have more friends than I can gift in one day. Last year I decided to keep up with gifting with a daily list of what I receive and what I send. So, that way, I am sure to send gifts to the friends who send me gifts regularly.

Since the new Christmas room is open, I list the 15 gifts I send (on my "list") and when I have used up my 15 options at the end of each day, I go to the Christmas rooms. There I send pink box gifts to all my remaining friends who sent me a gift that day. I list that I sent those friends a "gift". That way I am sure to send something to all friends who gifted me that day and to friends who want something I don't have or can't afford.

Since I don't have time to play enough to collect enough pink boxes to get Mrs. Santa this year, I feel happy the way I am gifting even if no one else knows (until I use up all my pink boxes). Because I really enjoy seeing what is in that gift bag,I know everyone else does, too. BTW, my birthday is Sunday so if any friends want to drop a gift in my bag, I would be so happy to receive it and you can be assured that I am sending you something regularly if you are one of my faithful and giving friends.
Happy Holidays to all and thanks for all my friends!

Puggypup
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Puggypup on Dec 15, 17 8:27 AM
Guess I could have mentioned that I play as Dudette.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Dec 15, 17 9:20 AM
TiramaSue wrote:

I totally agree. The OP said they only receive one gift per day, and my post was a clumsy attempt to point out one bag of gifts is probably from several gifters, not just one.

TS, you were much more eloquent and I absolutely agree the gifting should be anonymous so no one "feels bad" about not having enough gift boxes to share.

Go to: