silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

CE friends...

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Dec 14, 17 2:27 PM
I took on some extra friends for the Christmas Event.

A few are still displaying the old Christmas room. I know they are playing because I've received regular gifts from them.

I'm sorry. I took on the extra friends to take part in the Christmas event from requests left on this forum from players looking for event friends. This involves having access to the HOS in your new Christmas room as you have access to mine.

You get to earn an additional 750 coins per day playing the HOS from my room. I get nothing from yours.

A CE buddy shouldn't be one sided. I gave plenty of days to see if you would change your room. There have been numerous reminders here on the forum about opening the second Christmas room. I even left you a gift under your tree every day.

I am sorry to say... I will be sending you one final Pink Gift Box under your tree tonight. Then I will have to delete you. If you change to your New Christmas room before I do then I'll will keep you for the duration of the event and you will retain access to my private room HOS scenes and earn 250 coins from each every day.

Happy Holidays. I hope you are enjoying the Midnight Castle Christmas Event

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

Re:CE friends...

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Dec 14, 17 2:29 PM

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Dec 14, 17 2:34 PM
Same for me

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Dec 14, 17 2:54 PM
Same here.

Katijay
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by Katijay on Dec 14, 17 6:45 PM
I wish there was a way to reach out to some of these people, because it makes me wonder if they are even aware of a 2nd Christmas Room or of the forum....I have one friend from New Zealand at level 82 that has her original Private Room up with absolutely no changes to it. I know before I found the forum I had no clue what to do with my private room and for the most part ignored it. I did find the Original Christmas when it came around, but I don't remember how!....

I have 3 friends with the old Christmas Room up....one is at level 32, one at 56, and one at 82 I had one at level 14, but they have gone red....I have no idea if the others are playing my room or not....Maybe I will stop gifting those rooms too....

Scolon18
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by Scolon18 on Dec 14, 17 6:58 PM
Think i will be doing the same,,

mdpetdoc
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,489 Posts

[Post New]by mdpetdoc on Dec 14, 17 9:23 PM
I received a PM from one friend whose Christmas Room 2 will not unlock so she is playing the original Christmas room. Customer support has been contacted. I doubt she is the only one with this problem and many people don't know about the forum.

gtminer
Clownfish
Clownfish
812 Posts

[Post New]by gtminer on Dec 14, 17 10:56 PM
I hesitate to delete friends who don't display the Christmas Room. Although Christmas is now a secular holiday, it hasn't always been so. For many of the world, it is recognized as a Christian holiday. And some of my non-Christian friends may be choosing not to display it on religious grounds. Well, at least that's the only reason I can think of as to why they wouldn't display the room. As to why they would display a Christmas Room 1 instead of the Christmas Room 2, is a mystery to me. But it's their room, so I respect their choice, especially since there is no way I even want to do all 3 HOS in every single room for the entire event. Whew, exhausting even contemplating it.

tesskw
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by tesskw on Dec 15, 17 12:16 AM
I agree with gtminer,

I have 88 friends on each of my ios and pc games, some of them have no Christmas room but they are still playing the game. So maybe it is because of their religion. Some have the original Christmas room selected because they were leaving town for the holidays and thought hey, I better put my Christmas room up for my friends or they have the original Christmas room up the event started but something in real life happened and they never got back to the game. No one knew there would be a second Christmas room until after the event started. We will never know why someone has not selected the Christmas room of our own choosing. I certainly would not delete a friend because I cant do 3 hos scenes because again who knows what might of happened.

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Dec 15, 17 4:27 AM
Just to clarify, silver_hawk is very clear which friends she is referring to

I took on the extra friends to take part in the Christmas event from requests left on this forum from players looking for event friends.

IMO the decision to drop these specific players is valid. The new room arrived with the character quest update and Winter event prep so it was available BEFORE the event started. If they knew enough to post wanting WE friends, they know enough to at least wonder why they are visiting a room that doesn't look like their's and has far more benefits, and come back to the forum to find out.

And it is NOT a difficult task to find silver_hawk and PM her. Most of her posts are filled with detailed help and this had to have been a difficult decision.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Dec 15, 17 6:07 AM
Thanks GulfCoastGuppy,

You nailed it. You understand exactly.

Only referring to friends I picked up for the 2017 Christmas event of which I got the numbers from recent forum posts after the most recent update.

mdpetdoc makes a good point too. Since I picked them up from the forum they should post if they are having problems here too. Because of that possibility I'll extend them another couple days. For the benefit of the doubt.

Edited on 12/15/2017 at 6:11:06 AM PST

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Dec 15, 17 6:21 AM
Well said, silver_hawk!

I haven't noted down which of my current friends are from that thread, but for simplicity purposes, and as it is very aggravating to take detailed notes and/or visit friends, only to find out they have not opened the new room, I will do the following:

I will delete everyone who doesn't have the new room and hasn't left a note that they are taking a break from the game. After the end of the event, if their names are still on my deleted list, I will just add them all back.

[Post New]by lanky46musician on Dec 15, 17 6:36 AM
I still have friends who have no rooms at all. I figured since this is the first Special Event that needed to use the room, I would wait until now to delete them. I figure they either quit the game or had problems and got a new ID#.

DeeJay46

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Dec 15, 17 6:55 AM
Just my 2 cents here. When the event started, we all received a message from the mailman that told us about the new Christmas room. Just sayin......

jEMSW
Minnow
Minnow
294 Posts

[Post New]by jEMSW on Dec 20, 17 9:57 AM
Sharp_Eye574363 wrote:Just my 2 cents here. When the event started, we all received a message from the mailman that told us about the new Christmas room. Just sayin......

I agree.

I guess I,m fortunate. I only have 2 people who have the 'old' Christmas room.
One is rather new & may have thought the "New" room referred to 'old' Christmas room, which would be "New" if all they had used before was their original room.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Dec 20, 17 10:11 AM
jEMSW wrote:
Sharp_Eye574363 wrote:Just my 2 cents here. When the event started, we all received a message from the mailman that told us about the new Christmas room. Just sayin......

I agree.

I guess I,m fortunate. I only have 2 people who have the 'old' Christmas room.
One is rather new & may have thought the "New" room referred to 'old' Christmas room, which would be "New" if all they had used before was their original room.

Plausible explanation.

You would think that if they saw all the new rooms of their friends private rooms and their room was different they would be wondering. If it were me, I'd investigate in the game why the difference or run to the forum (or Facebook) to ask for an explanation.

That's just me. I cannot assume what others may be thinking/wondering. Let alone if they are aware of the places to ask questions if for some reason they don't know of the forum or Facebook.

Since all my friends have been picked up from this forum the only other thing I can think of is that they don't check it often enough to see there is an issue.

I kept the friends with old rooms after all in spite of my original post (based on what mdpetdoc suggested). One just popped up with the new room just this morning.

[Post New]by MaryCricket on Dec 20, 17 11:24 AM
And when the event stared EVERYONE received this message from the mailman as some of the players has stated before

The Winter Event! is here be sure to set up your NEW Christmas room so your friends can visit, play some hidden object scenes and leave some gifts - don't forget to visit their rooms as well!

Bundle up and enjoy the event

The Midnight Castle Team

Edited on 12/20/2017 at 11:25:52 AM PST

Go to: