Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dream Walker here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 15, 17 12:41 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 12/15/2017 at 9:45:12 AM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dream Walker here.

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 15, 17 9:45 AM
Hello Everyone!

If you're having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct this type of problem in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with Customer Support Team. It would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBeruna

zahorb
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by zahorb on Dec 16, 17 1:57 PM
In chapter 3, the 2nd lock was skipped. I was able to complete all the other rooms, but can't get to chapter 4 since I can't earn enough stars. Is this a glitch, or am I missing something?

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 16, 17 7:20 PM
Hello zahorb,

Thank you for reaching out! It sounds like Chapter 4 can't be reached, potentially because of a technical error. I can definitely offer some troubleshooting advice.

First I'd recommend checking to see whether the computer's video card driver is up to date. This driver is responsible for directing how graphics are displayed, and its developers regularly release new versions to ensure that the game continues running smoothly.

Please see the following help page more further instructions:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

It would also be a good idea to run this game with administrator permissions. This will ensure the game can access all of the resources it needs. I've included a help page with those instructions below as well:

Run Game as Administrator

If those suggestions don't fix the game, please contact our Technical Support Team. Thanks again for your patience.

bfgBeruna

pinkbear022
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by pinkbear022 on Dec 16, 17 9:17 PM
On Chapter 3 after I finished level 5, it wouldn't unlock. I can't go to the next level. I'm playing on a MacBook Air.

HAULBOOTY
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by HAULBOOTY on Dec 17, 17 9:20 AM
I, too, am stuck on chapter 4. Have three stars on all other rooms, chapters, whatever up to this point. Is it not enough? How do I get more? I have played all of #4 three times. Still stops me at room, I think 8, Any ideas? Thoughts? Comments?

Beetle56
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Beetle56 on Dec 17, 17 10:29 AM
I am unable to unlock at the end of Chap. 4. I've gotten 3 stars on all levels, but the last level of Chap. 4 won't unlock. I've tried uninstalling & reinstalling it, but still can't get beyond Chap. 4. Unfortunately, I've purchased the game

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 17, 17 3:26 PM
Hi Everyone,

It sounds like there are some troubles progressing in the game at various points. If the troubleshooting steps suggested earlier (running the game as an Administrator, primarily) have not resolved the issue, please send a message to our Technical Support Team. They have the best tools for assisting when basic troubleshooting does not resolve an issue.

If there are any other questions, feel free to PM one of our Moderators any time. We'll do whatever we can to help.

bfgArinelle

mogadon
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by mogadon on Dec 18, 17 2:39 PM
Can't progress through Chapter Four. All 3 stars in all 8 sections but gate does not unlock. Help! Tried to follow directions but in Windows 10 on brand new Surface Pro, under view, hidden items, properties, there is no compatibility tab and can get no further. Too bad, as I enjoy the game a lot.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 18, 17 3:41 PM
Hi mogadon,

I'm sorry there's been trouble with the troubleshooting steps from the article. What you're describing can happen sometimes if the file we're trying to access to pull up the Compatibility tab has not been clicked yet. So let's amend the steps a bit to this:

1. After following the steps above to show hidden files, you should see a faded or greyed out icon for the game. Left click once on the greyed out icon to select it, and then right-Click on that icon to bring up a menu. Select Properties from that menu.
2. Open the Compatibility tab

From there, continue with steps 4 and 5 from the Windows 10 section of the Run Game as Administrator article. Should that not do the trick, the best bet would be to reach out to our Technical Support Team for further assistance, as we are limited on the troubleshooting our Forum Moderators can do.

Please feel free to PM one of our Moderators if there are remaining questions. We'll be happy to do whatever we can to help.

bfgArinelle

Edited on 12/18/2017 at 3:41:34 PM PST

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on Dec 18, 17 7:53 PM
Running as administrator does not work! I am playing on Windows 10 and this game will not let you progress after Chapter 4. Has anyone else gotten past Chapter 4?

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 19, 17 1:29 PM
Hello skpjazz,

I'm sorry to hear the above troubleshooting steps haven't resolved the issue. Hopefully one of our players may have a better suggestion, but, if not, please reach out to our Technical Support Team so we can better gather information about the issue.

Should there be remaining questions, you can also PM me or another Moderator at any time. We'll be happy to provide any answers we can.

bfgArinelle

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on Dec 21, 17 3:15 PM
I just updated a post in the thread re: "Has Anyone Finished this Game". I thought I should post here what appears to be a workaround for the problem some of us are having in not being able to progress at certain points in the game.

What I found is that if you start over with a new profile AND do not change the difficulty mode during that profile, you should be able to keep going. I haven't finished the game yet, but I have at least gotten further than I did before.

Hope this helps someone else.

Beetle56
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Beetle56 on Dec 24, 17 10:48 AM
mogadon wrote:Can't progress through Chapter Four. All 3 stars in all 8 sections but gate does not unlock. Help! Tried to follow directions but in Windows 10 on brand new Surface Pro, under view, hidden items, properties, there is no compatibility tab and can get no further. Too bad, as I enjoy the game a lot.

I, too, was stuck at Chapter 4. I tried starting from the beginning with a new Profile...worked just fine & was able to complete the game! Hope this helps

Beetle56
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Beetle56 on Dec 24, 17 10:50 AM
skpjazz wrote:I just updated a post in the thread re: "Has Anyone Finished this Game". I thought I should post here what appears to be a workaround for the problem some of us are having in not being able to progress at certain points in the game.

What I found is that if you start over with a new profile AND do not change the difficulty mode during that profile, you should be able to keep going. I haven't finished the game yet, but I have at least gotten further than I did before.

Hope this helps someone else.[/quote

Thank you ! I took your advice & it worked perfectly! I appreciate your help! Happy Holidays!

[Post New]by marioaus on Dec 26, 17 4:28 PM
At last this problem has been solved for me by skpjazz post on Dec 21. about restarting with a new name if you have changed the difficulty level whilst playing. If you don't change the level it works fine and now I am finally on level 5!! Hooray!

[Post New]by marioaus on Dec 26, 17 4:29 PM
No thanks to all the useless information and instructions by the tech. support team by the way!

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 27, 17 1:28 PM
Hi Everyone,

Thanks to skpjazz for providing a workaround that seems to have worked for some of our players! Hopefully it'll do the trick for everyone running into this situation, and we really appreciate that this information has been shared.

Should anyone still encounter troubles after starting a new profile and not changing the difficulty during gameplay, please let our Technical Support Team know. Our Moderator team is also available by PM if there are remaining questions. We always try out best to help.

bfgArinelle

BJT006
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by BJT006 on Dec 27, 17 5:39 PM
I am on chapter 6 and it won't allow me to move the item anywhere on the page, stays in center. Using window 10 on computer 1 week old, so everything is new and up to date. Any ideas

Edited on 12/27/2017 at 5:40:22 PM PST

pinkbear022
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by pinkbear022 on Dec 31, 17 5:08 AM
I changed my profile & started a new game. In the first level I finished level 4, level 5 was locked but I could go on to level 6. Why doesn't this game get fixed?

Go to: