Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Dream Walker here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 15, 17 12:43 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 12/15/2017 at 9:44:54 AM PST

M_LADY
Clownfish
Clownfish
887 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dream Walker here.

[Post New]by M_LADY on Dec 15, 17 4:59 AM
In this game you play as Carol who, with her husband Tomas, has gone on vacation to a mountain resort. While there, Tomas disappears and Carol has terrifying nightmares about a sinister figure in red.

For anyone who has played and enjoyed the "Clutter" games, this game will not be a challenge, at least in the sixty minutes I played. The game play includes matching pairs and sets of three, jigsaw puzzles and sliders. Finding blue crystals gives extra hints. I didn't use any hints in this game and had more than twenty accumulated by the time my sixty minutes were up.

The story is continued at the end of each level. The music is pleasant enough, but repetitive. The graphics are clear on my monitor and the objects to find fit with the story, but the same objects appear in most levels. The crystals are not difficult to find. There is a "scorecard" at the end of each level. There are three modes of play ranging from relaxed with no timer to difficult with a reduced timer. I had no technical difficulties playing on Windows 8 except for an occasionally "sticky" cursor.

This game is a no buy for me, but try the demo and see what you think.

Edited on 12/15/2017 at 5:01:01 AM PST

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Dec 15, 17 6:47 AM

I am really digging these Clutter style games! They all have terrific stories, told a sentence or two at a time after each Clutter level. This one has a couple of features I don't recall being in the last two games. They have added a Star rating system, allowing you to earn up to 3 stars per level, and you can replay any level from the level map. They have also added Dynamite on some levels, when you click on one of several, the dynamite will explode and all the remaining objects will reshuffle, which can help you, but can sometimes make things worse. These may not be new features, but I don't recall them being available in the last two games.

The object of this game is to remove items from a heaping pile of junk. This may not seem thrilling, but I can assure you, this game isn't as easy as you'd think, and it's very addicting. You can play in a Relaxed Untimed mode, Casual, or Hard mode. Some levels may require removing two identical objects, groups of three identical objects, removing objects that either have two or three of the same objects, or removing one object in color, it's match without color. Some levels require you to clear objects heaped in the center as you search for matching objects.

Crystals can be removed with a single click, and this will make the Hint option recharge faster. After a few Clutter levels, you get to assemble a different type of puzzle such as a Jigsaw or Slider type, which will give you an extra hint. If you don't use a hint, you will receive extra points, and you get points for any remaining time you may have.

I'm really intrigued by this storyline, about a young couple who begin experiencing odd behavior while vacationing at a resort. I own the other two games in this series, and this one's definitely going to join them, enjoy!

GAMES IN THIS SERIES
Title***Release Date***Average Rating
1-A Plot Story (September 21-2017) 4.0
2-Witch's Tales (October 31-2017) 3.7
3-Dream Walker (December 15-2017) n/a

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Dec 15, 17 6:56 AM
@M_LADY

Did you play in the Hard Mode? I found this game to have a nice balance of challenge, especially when played in the Hard mode which gives you 20% less time than the other two modes. I also like the fact that I can switch between difficulty modes if I'm struggling to find objects within the allotted time frame. I have had to play some of the Color vs. no Color levels in Normal Mode because those seem to give me the most problems. I own the other two games and I find that they progress in difficulty the further into the game you go. The Dynamite feature mixes up all the objects which may give you added challenge as well

M_LADY
Clownfish
Clownfish
887 Posts

[Post New]by M_LADY on Dec 15, 17 8:31 AM
Hi, penmom36. I played in relaxed mode, as I always do, because I find it physically difficult to play timed games. I guess I should have indicated that in my review. And although I liked this game, I didn't like it nearly as well as "Clutter". The dynamite does give it some added challenge, as you said.

Thanks for pointing these things out to me. Happy gaming!

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 15, 17 9:48 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Dream Walker here. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread as the moderators will be removing any content that isn’t a review.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Dream Walker.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBeruna

Go to: